Dynadot

question What to look out for when searching for good parking domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AGermanGuy

Established Member
Impact
What should I look out for? I have found some nice domains but I am not sure if they are good enough for parking. As an example, one of the domains is a keyword domain with 7 letters and has different search numbers. Adwords says it has 40k monthly searches, estibot says 300k monthly searches and 4k exact searches, another keyword site says 9k monthly searches.

What should I look out for if not monthly searches because every site gives a different number?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
G creates confusion in monthly searches by mixing exact match and related keywords data (probably intentionally).

Keep in mind that G does not provide exact search data: they are only statistical estimates. Their accuracy can vary within a factor 10, especially for small numbers.

Some other companies use different statistical sources than G, but I have no reason to believe they are any better (nor any worse) than G.

Furthermore traffic estimates are polluted by bots and/or humans-SEOs who have no real interest for a subject.

So you should think 'order of magnitude' or statistical approximations and not reliable data.

I've never used domain parking, so I can't really answer the rest of your question. To me, parking is simply not worth the effort in domaining, but some domainers do use it.

•••
its really tough to trust any of the indicators out there because they can all be altered. you can look at alexa ranking or backlinks but usually after a domain is expired those links get deleted and the alexa rank starts to decline. i would say use all the right tools in order to make the best judgement. google search data certainly does not translate into traffic. high CPC terms may translate into revenue but only if there is some traffic to the name.

•••
•••
Back