IT.COM

What to do with my .IN names?

NameSilo
Watch

PostProduction

Established Member
Impact
Last summer I was hand-regging about 300 .IN names - all of them just for one year. So in the next 60-90 days I will have to make a lot of drop vs. renewal decisions. Well actually I already decided which ones I would like to keep if I can afford it.

In the thread in which I introduced myself I was encouraged to share some names to ask for feedback for them. But I am not sure if I should be doing this in the appraisal section, because it looks like the normal way to do it over there would be one name per thread. Is that correct?

Also for now I am not so much looking to get real numbers, it is more that I would like to get some general feedback or advice of where to start with those names. So I thought the beginners section might be the place to go (please let me know if this should be posted someplace else instead).

The names that I registered are of very different categories.

- single word names, such as:
dread.in
alternatively.in
disclaimers.in
internationally.in
hewlett.in

- a few word-shop names:
brakeshop.in
ebikeshop.in
pramshop.in
buggyshop.in

- some word-info names:
businfo.in
beachinfo.in
monsooninfo.in
smoginfo.in
flightinfo.in

- a few service/ commercial related names:
rentaboat.in
rentalyachts.in
elephanttours.in
weddingschool.in
weddinghelper.in

- a few travel related names:
visituk.in
visitnewzealand.in
visittokyo.in

- some two-word names:
megacities.in
soccerclubs.in
mathlesson.in
lightsaber.in
loadit.in
homepower.in
crewfinder.in
harvesthelp.in
trendview.in
boattour.in
filmequipment.in
constructionhelp.in
expressway.in
housesales.in

- very few India specific names:
fightpoverty.in
historicindia.in
riseofindia.in

- lots of GEO names, several hotel+city, city+taxi/cab, city+lawyer etc, such as:
hotelsurat.in
hotelkanpur.in
punelawyer.in
chennailawyer.in
punecab.in
indorecab.in
kanpurtaxi.in
delhishopping.in
kolkatashopping.in
mumbaihealth.in
mumbaihealthcare.in
mumbainight.in
mumbaiwedding.in
weddingmumbai.in
dentistkolkata.in
drivingschooldelhi.in
jobsmumbai.in
srinagarrealestate.in

- some food related names:
papadam.in
hautecuisine.in
frenchwine.in
starfruit.in
mandarine.in
fermented.in
curryservice.in

The roughly 120 names I would have no problem of letting expire (seeing what kind of names are dropping these days) would include words of all categories:
configurations.in
thickness.in
missmatch.in
skinfix.in
visitbrazil.in
smoothiemaker.in
trembl.in
bio1.in
y247.in
9car.in
44k.in
42424.in
30303.in

Depending on how much money I can raise until the renewals are due I might have to let a few others drop as well (travel related, shop names, maybe some single words - as they are rather week anyway I guess). I will try to get most of the other ones renewed though. And of course it would be much easier if I could sell some of these names before hand.

Now my question would be: names of which category would you try to sell if you were me (mostly to resellers I guess, since I don’t have any experience in selling yet, I don’t see myself calling up end-users in India any time soon)? Which ones would you definitely hold on to (not sell for low prices) and maybe which ones would you let go too (apart of the ones that I would drop anyway)?

As for the ones that I wouldn’t renew, do you think it would be worth trying to sell them for reg fee? To catch a name from dropping does cost about 25$ (at inbackorder.com, but I didn’t check anywhere else), so I was wondering if it wouldn’t make sense to offer them for less than that. If so, would it be better to offer name by name or in a bulk?

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can sell these domains to differennt business owners who run their business in India while targeting Indian cities. You have some city based domains and that can be bought by the business person who belong to that city.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back