Dynadot

information What Site Has The Most Accurate Domain Name Appraisal Service ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

blue crystal

Established Member
Impact
What site has the most accurate ( or, at least. less flawed ) domain name appraisal service ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No such sites.
They all are just for fun.

•••
I'd say Mike Mann's - He launched one earlier this year.

•••
As @Appamite says if you have $88 per domain to spend, Mike Mann will consult 3 human advisers and give a certificate with average. You can see yourself past valuations here. https://www.accurateappraisals.com/certificates. They only do .com.

If looking for an automated free one, the three I would consider are GoDaddy GoValue, Estibot and NameValue.

Estibot has been around the longest and do all TLDs. They are best for dictionary words and applications where search and advertiser are important. You can do 2 per day free.

GoValue is free and with GoDaddy name recognition some users will consult them. They do all TLDs but are not good at discriminating how good a match the new extension is. Their values are generally higher than you can get, with exceptions. They do best on well sold extensions and word type domains. For two word domains I think they do better than Estibot. GoValue comparator names are often spot on.

NameValue is newer but I really like the 6 levels they give with probability of sale for each. They only do .com now but will add .org soon I think. You can do up to 5 in a day and 20 per month with free account. They really like short and common dictionary words and high values can go very high. For low worth they just say <500.

Or you can ask in appraisal thread.

I think the best is to develop a detailed scoring key you apply yourself to get valuation. As a second opinion after you do that I think any of the options have some worth.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
What site has the most accurate ( or, at least. less flawed ) domain name appraisal service ?
The irony is that you are already on the most accurate appraisal site.

•••
Oh... sorry... I thought it would be "obvious" but I was wrong.
I meant to say AUTOMATED APPRAISAL ( free or paid ).

It seems to me that Godaddy's appraisal uses to give a higher value for "average or weak" domains and mostly low value for really good domains.
For instance, Godaddy appraisal for hao88.org was only 512 USD but sold for 14,650 USD; 7,652 USD for odds.co but sold for 31,620 USD; 1.364 USD for comedystore.net but sold for 4,088 USD.

Furthermore, it does not make a distinction between prices for selling to other domainers/investors and prices for end-users.

What about SEDO's paid automated appraisal ?

Last edited:
•••
Oh... sorry... I thought it would be "obvious" but I was wrong.
I meant to say AUTOMATED APPRAISAL ( free or paid ).

It seems to me that Godaddy's appraisal uses to give a higher value for "average or weak" domains and mostly low value for really good domains.
For instance, Godaddy appraisal for hao88.org was only 512 USD but sold for 14,650 USD; 7,652 USD for odds.co but sold for 31,620 USD; 1.364 USD for comedystore.net but sold for 4,088 USD.

Furthermore, it does not make a distinction between prices for selling to other domainers/investors and prices for end-users.

What about SEDO's paid automated appraisal ?

i think you just answered your own question - they are all not accurate.

•••
Your end user and preferred buyer.

Nothing else matters.

When both sides agree on a price, and the Domain is transferred, that's when the appraisal is configured.

Anything before that is pure conjecture.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
The one that offers to instantly buy it from you.

•••
When talking about accurate

No such site.
No such people.
The buyer rules.

•••
There are no really accurate automated appraisals.

The best rule of thumb is keyword rich, short and a well-known tld. In my opinion.

•••
From a dollar point of view, there is no such thing, as end user prices can vary widely and have no real link to reality. It can often depend how much the buyer wants it and how deep his pockets are.

But that is not to say appraisals are totally useless, and I personally view it as just another data point, utilizing these as a ranking mechanism - i.e. if I was given 100 domains valued at $5K or more and you got 100 domains valued at less than $1K, I could guarantee that in a few years I'd do much better at domain sales than you.

Along with other data supporting it, to say that a domain valued at $10K is inherently more attractive than one valued at $593 is logic, but to say that a domain's value is exactly $12,497 is insanity.

Don't look at the individual numbers, look at the overall ranking.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back