Dynadot

What should we Expect from GoDaddy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is Godaddy Overwhelmed by their Success, Too Big to Manage

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    69.2%
  • No

vote
    7.7%
  • Doing best they can

votes
    0.0%
  • im moving on

votes
    23.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

besides nothing..

for al their dominance and market leadership, heres my latest customer service reply for a sale transaction

"We've received your request and our team will start work on it as soon as possible.
Your Incident ID is: XXXXX
You can expect a response from us within 72 hours"

72 hours, thanks a bunch, i guess i wont complain about escrow.com and dan anymore....

on the auctions we hear they cant handle the traffic of closeout bids, changes to afternic have been coming ... since 2016, hey we have great new landers, but not for you third party sellers, were working on it..

Hire some frickin people then...and spend a dollar or two more, so said your making a couple hundred million more now.

the buyer is ready to walk. they really have no clue and no one takes accountability for the uniregistry switchover, everyone says its not my area.

so my choices

1- wait and hope like heck ill get a resolution and just take it and be glad i got some support
2.- complain
3. - bail

no doubt they have great people, but as a company i dont see a successful outcome..the company is about 5x as big as 2010 and about the same "domainer" staff...much less premier support, unless your in the special platinum group, which i guess gets the best names etc.

Page

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A phone call can go well with this company in my experience

•••
A phone call can go well with this company in my experience
giphy.gif

•••
I think they need a development center in India.

•••
What we should expect is...

Industry leading customer service

Industry forwarding inovation

Competitive pricing

An easy to use UI

Fair auction service

Still waiting for at least one.

•••
Godaddy is too big to fail.

•••
I moved most my name out 2-3 years ago, they just need to hire top talent and rebuild both from ground up which probably should have came with marketing switchover years back.

•••
I believe that Godaddy should make a separate branch (maybe a separate Registrar) that only deals with domainers and is staffed by expert domainers who know how to assist and answer questions from other domainers.

And while they are at it they should also:

- Reduce the Domain Discount Club renewal to $49 per year for all domainers.

- Provide "Buy Now" and "Make Offer" buttons on the Sales Landers.

- Provide complete stats for Sales Landers.

- Reward the Oldtimer domainers that have been with them for a long time for their loyalty and grandfather them in as VIP members in the Premier Services program regardless of how many domains they own.

- Have a special section on NamePros to interact with domainers and answer their questions in real time.

- Give 99 cent coupon codes to domainers like they used to do. :xf.wink:

IMO

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with anyone, I have been using Godaddy, Epik, Fabulous, and Register.com over the years as a hobbyist and collector and consider them as my favorite Registrars.

Last edited:
•••
Consolidation is almost always bad for the consumer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back