GoDaddy

registrars What Registrar Besides GoDaddy Gives Best Aftermarket Coverage?

Catch.Club Catch.Club

CDM

Established Member
Impact
Are there any other registrars besides GoDaddy where your domains can get equal to, or even close to, the same aftermarket coverage?

I think for this to be true, it would need to be a registrar where your for sale listings still show up in the GoDaddy registration search path, but I'm not sure if that exists. Isn't it only names at GD that can show up there?

I'm just so sick of GD's buggy interface that's barely functional half the time. It's excruciating. The only reasons I'm still there are that they have a veritable monopoly on the aftermarket and I believe I'd sell less domains elsewhere, and that I also have a good premier services account rep which is a big help.

There are so many other registrars that are a pleasure to use, it's unfortunate GD has always maintained a stranglehold on the aftermarket as that allows them to continue to get away with such a low-grade product like no one there seems to care (note to any GD employees reading this: you've had well more than a decade now to prove that statement wrong, so don't say it isn't so or get all offended. This has been going on a looooong time).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Impact
Possible Dynadot but i am not sure

•••
Impact
nobody comes close but I would say sedo is next. Good luck dealing with sedo's ancient verification system. They should do what godaddy does and use email to verify.

•••

forge

15percenterTop Member
Impact
nobody comes close but I would say sedo is next. Good luck dealing with sedo's ancient verification system. They should do what godaddy does and use email to verify.

Rough night? I believe he was asking about registrars. :xf.wink:

My experience with Namebright has been good overall. Dynadot, Namesilo too.

Last edited:
•••

boker

Top Member
Impact
Are there any other registrars besides GoDaddy where your domains can get equal to, or even close to, the same aftermarket coverage?

I think for this to be true, it would need to be a registrar where your for sale listings still show up in the GoDaddy registration search path, but I'm not sure if that exists. Isn't it only names at GD that can show up there?

I'm just so sick of GD's buggy interface that's barely functional half the time. It's excruciating. The only reasons I'm still there are that they have a veritable monopoly on the aftermarket and I believe I'd sell less domains elsewhere, and that I also have a good premier services account rep which is a big help.

There are so many other registrars that are a pleasure to use, it's unfortunate GD has always maintained a stranglehold on the aftermarket as that allows them to continue to get away with such a low-grade product like no one there seems to care (note to any GD employees reading this: you've had well more than a decade now to prove that statement wrong, so don't say it isn't so or get all offended. This has been going on a looooong time).
Either I'm missing something, either you are. You are saying that a domain registered at godaddy will have better search results than a domain registered at namesilo or dynadot for example and listed with fixed price at afternic, so showing at godaddy as well? As a curiosity, how many domains did you sell directly through godaddy to end users without counting afternic and their network?

•••
Impact
As long as you keep your names at a registrar that works with Afternic fast transfer, you can have them show in the GoDaddy registration path using Afternic. You don't need to keep your domains at GoDaddy for that.

•••

CDM

Established Member
Impact
Either I'm missing something, either you are. You are saying that a domain registered at godaddy will have better search results than a domain registered at namesilo or dynadot for example and listed with fixed price at afternic, so showing at godaddy as well? As a curiosity, how many domains did you sell directly through godaddy to end users without counting afternic and their network?

That's what I'm wanting to know. I'm not sure. Does a domain registered at any of Afternic partners, if listed through Afternic's fast transfer, also show up in the GoDaddy search path the same as it would if registered at GoDaddy? If that is true, that is great. That's what I want to know.

•••

CDM

Established Member
Impact
As long as you keep your names at a registrar that works with Afternic fast transfer, you can have them show in the GoDaddy registration path using Afternic. You don't need to keep your domains at GoDaddy for that.
Thank you!

•••

CDM

Established Member
Impact
As a curiosity, how many domains did you sell directly through godaddy to end users without counting afternic and their network?

How would one determine this?

•••

Rhinnnn

Established Member
Impact
That's what I'm wanting to know. I'm not sure. Does a domain registered at any of Afternic partners, if listed through Afternic's fast transfer, also show up in the GoDaddy search path the same as it would if registered at GoDaddy? If that is true, that is great. That's what I want to know.

If you list a domain on Afternic and you can activate Fast Transfer it'll show up like this when you search for it on GoDaddy (regardless of where the domain is registered, either at GD or at another registrar):

Aft Fast.png

If you don't activate Fast Transfer for your Afternic-listed domains, they will show up like this on GD:

Aft NotFast.png

So all Afternic-listed domains certainly show up on GD, but Fast Transfer-enabled ones are a bit more likely to become impulse buys thanks to the Buy It Now button.

The Get It button leads buyers to a page where they can also make an offer -- might be confusing, or might make buyers think twice about the purchase.

Most well-known registrars offer the Afternic Fast Transfer option, so that's good.

Last edited:
•••

forge

15percenterTop Member
Impact
•••