Dynadot

What minimum search volume should I have to consider that a domain is good?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Francis AHLE

Established Member
Impact
I always wanted to know this and i would be grateful if you can help. Thanks :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Heres a picture

An exact match .xyz domain wt 300k search/month & .05 cpc

I get about 800k-1M visits/ month but i can hardly make money with ads(if i put up some)

Search vol is important when u want to develope a site , and u really need a good content to rank

Selling an emd domain based on its its search vol is kinda ... ??? Idk what to call it

If u have an emd, thats not a guarantee you'll get massive traffic , u might screw it up

Too many factors to look up
Thank you VERY much for the care you put into your answer!! You detailed a lot and it leaves me with a realistic picture.

•••
Heres a picture

An exact match .xyz domain wt 300k search/month & .05 cpc

I get about 800k-1M visits/ month but i can hardly make money with ads(if i put up some)

Search vol is important when u want to develope a site , and u really need a good content to rank

Selling an emd domain based on its its search vol is kinda ... ??? Idk what to call it

If u have an emd, thats not a guarantee you'll get massive traffic , u might screw it up

Too many factors to look up
ALSO, so I'm clear on finding EMDs, which I can use it, do you search google for xxx.xyz OR "xxx.xyz" OR "xxx" OR something else? I guess I need to understand more about what google needs. Thank you in advance for explaining this.

•••
1. Nothing swung the deal. It was bought at the price I set by an unknown buyer. Automated purchase. No website yet.
2. This name had to do with vitality so a generic sounding positive word that suited the new owner's requirements. I guess they wanted a fresh sounding name. It appealed to me because of the wise range of uses within beauty, cosmetics, canna, healthcare etc which meant a wider market to sell it.
Thank you. In case you don't want to share the name, can you give me a few examples of a "vitality" domain name - what "vitality" is to you?

•••
Thank you. In case you don't want to share the name, can you give me a few examples of a "vitality" domain name - what "vitality" is to you?
I just told you in the part labelled 2.

•••
some of this is over my head as a new domainer... HOW (where) can I put in a domain name and see monthly searches? Please explain in elementary terms.

If you're using chrome:

1. At the upper rightmost button click More
mR6ULZOdPFY5nzxPHdvC-7Rl5jDPqwBdfPDSVDg3DLnWBNGi-lVTXCsvUY7S1pYFFg=w18-h18
nHFGZ_9xjCh-mP83zMzXQVJF5VYf2n6kwoBIxB2zv3V4VPT4gNTtBye8lYznogLqLPY=h18
More tools
nHFGZ_9xjCh-mP83zMzXQVJF5VYf2n6kwoBIxB2zv3V4VPT4gNTtBye8lYznogLqLPY=h18
Extensions.
2. At the top, you'll see : Search extensions (Search bar)
3. Search for Seoquake and Keywords Everywhere
4. Install

After installation:

1.Input the keyword(s) of your domain in Google's search bar.
2. You will see the search volume for your query.

This is to test whether a domain name you're eyeing has high-volume search queries.

For existing domains, you can use Google Search Console to see monthly search volume for your domain name and/or keywords in your domain name.

Last edited:
•••
Are you talking about a domain that you want to sell or develop?

For selling a name, search volume means nothing to me, the amount of end-users and potential buyers is what counts to me.[/QUOTE

Using your words, HOW do I find the AMOUNT of end users/potential buyers if selling a name?

•••
I find other aspects of the domain as more important than search volume, such as: pronounceable or not, domain's length, number of words(short or long words), what gTLD(obviously .com is still the king), brandable or not etc.
Search volume can add value to the domain, but it is only a bonus :)

Last edited:
•••
I find other aspects of the domain as more important than search volume, such as: pronounceable or not, domain's length, number of words(short or long words), what gTLD(obviously .com is still the king), brandable or not etc.
Search volume can add value to the domain, but it is only a bonus :)
Very useful info... I like the way you put it.

•••
minimum search volume: 50K per month
great search volume: 500K or higher per month

I would not reg anything below 50K per month.

•••
One way of looking at it is through the eyes of the end-user.

If I will develop the website, what factors should I consider to make sure I'll have good ROI on the payment I made for the domain name?

1. Do I have a ready target market?
2. Will I be seen by my target market? Will I rank in the search engines?

Your search volume will help you determine this.

1. You can determine your ready target market by the number of searches for the keywords in your domain name.

2. Your rank in the search engines will be boosted by your choice of highly-searched keywords in your domain.

@Larion made a good estimate:

minimum search volume: 50K per month
great search volume: 500K or higher per month

I would not reg anything below 50K per month.

However I would also take a risk on domain names that have low search volume if they're keywords from a budding/new technology that has the potential of making it big in the months or years ahead.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back