Dynadot

discuss What is your opinion in xyz extension?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainsg

Established Member
Impact
what is your opinion in xyz extension?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why is it people like to talk about only .xyz ? Is it because it is already Verisign 0 XYZ 2 ? lol :P

•••
Why is it people like to talk about only .xyz ? Is it because it is already Verisign 0 XYZ 2 ? lol :P

It's because the naysayers said they would never hit over a million regs and now they have and they still don't understand what's happening. ;)

•••
It's because the naysayers said they would never hit over a million regs and now they have and they still don't understand what's happening. ;)
That might be the reason then. The only extension they talk about is .xyz, you dont see people talking about any other extension and saying bad things about it. Also also the verisign thing lol.

•••

I am sure the discussion here is not about the number of registrations a domain extension (.xyz) achieves, it's more like when few fellow members predict that .xyz will outclass .com in near future. In my opinion, it's not gonna happen.

But we can all agree to disagree here, right mate!

Cheers,

•••
I'm pretty sure that the domainers praising .xyz wouldn't use one for a real business, and they don't visit serious .xyz websites on a daily basis either, because there are none.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
But if what I'm saying is true, it doesn't bode well for the extension.

•••
•••
Blows my mind the same people say the same things over and over regarding xyz& dot com!

Why there is even a discussion debating these 2 extensions against each other is just ludicrous to start with!

Xyz is not even in the same league with dot king and NEVER WILL BE obviously so get a grip if you think so or even consider that scenario anytime in the future!

Xyz us an entry level extension to get new domainers started cheap and addicted to the business then they will spend $$$ in all other ext.

Whomever started this bent notion that xyz is anywhere comparable to dot com is a bunch of newbie wannabe domain kings under a new extension they think will dominate the industry some day !

Its simply delusional thinking if you feel dot com will be overtaken by an ext like xyz or any other for that matter!!

I'm not against xyz making us $$$$ i m just saying get a grip if you think xyz is all that !

•••
•••
I have a good auction with .xyz

•••
Daniel Negari from his own ceo.xyz website.
ps : Im totally agree with him in this case.
he said that ;

With a domain name from .xyz or another new gTLD, end users have the flexibility to establish and promote their brand, while also improving their visibility in search engine rankings. Carefully considering your domain name is a cost-effective, strategic business decision that can help you get found by your customers.

New gTLDs will rank in Google, assuming that you utilize keywords and domains related to your business. When supplemented with quality content on your site, your websites on a new domain extension will rank well on search engines.

•••
Maybe in 5 years it would be on par with .Net
Compare to other gTLDs, .XYZ is bit popular because it contains 3 letters and little sounds like .NET/.COM

•••
hell yes, 5 years in cold storage for me. POCKET.XYZ and YALE.XYZ and YELP.XYZ, FENDER.XYZ, CAESAR.XYZ MOZART.XYZ AND ALL THE OTHERS, will remained locked away until that day i will need it the most. This is great news, there is actual prices on those sales. Still I want to see those numbers increase too with 1 word premium names. NNN and LLL are cool, but it needs to be more than that, in time I guesss.

•••
I don't know about the future of .xyz I know that I have real good names but 0 offers or asking price

•••
•••
•••
Chipset.xyz - My recent reg
like or dislike?

•••
•••
.XYZ sales should increase when they're approved in China early next year. I'm holding some very nice LLL chips such as CHP.xyz which should bring decent returns next year. I predict LLL, NNN, and even combinations of NLN and LNL will be good investments. Short keywords should follow...

http://www.domaininvesting.com/daniel-negari-comments-9-xyz/

•••
What do you think about my xyz?

•••
•••
.xyz is a slam dunk. It has major retention with customers, a youthful appeal and plenty of selection.
Seriously, if it is good enough for Larry Page & Google to invest $250,000 USD in abc.xyz than it is good enough for ANY company. That vote of confidence from the most important internet company was a "drop the mic" moment that solidified .xyz going forward.

•••
.xyz is a slam dunk. It has major retention with customers, a youthful appeal and plenty of selection.
Seriously, if it is good enough for Larry Page & Google to invest $250,000 USD in abc.xyz than it is good enough for ANY company. That vote of confidence from the most important internet company was a "drop the mic" moment that solidified .xyz going forward.

In my opinion, we domainers shouldn't compare Google using .xyz with the popularity of this extension. To Google, it made a perfect "sense" for their brand/holding company and also because this name "was available". (ABC dot com wasn't, neither was Alphabet dot com). So Google using .xyz is an exception. PERIOD.

I also have couple of .xyz's (less than five) and frankly I think the extension has nothing to do with "who" is using it, instead "how" it is being used (for branding purposes that makes sense, yes like Google's abc.xyz).

So if a domain that makes a perfect sense to be used with .xyz extension, I will surely be regging it. But unfortunately, that is not the case here. The majority of .xyz domains I see here of fellow domainers are not worth investing and I would suggest domainers not to take any hype seriously unless you personally believe in the name you are about to purchase.

Just my two cents.

•••
•••
Seriously, if it is good enough for Larry Page & Google to invest $250,000 USD in abc.xyz than it is good enough for ANY company.
Source ?

That vote of confidence from the most important internet company was a "drop the mic" moment that solidified .xyz going forward.
Vote of confidence ? But they are buying plenty of domains in plenty of extensions. Should we buy in all the extensions they are using?

•••
A small number of sales has no bearing on the general value of a TLD. There are probably high priced sales on most/nearly all possible TLDs out there, that doesn't mean they are suddenly going to be bought regularly for good prices.

And the example xyz sales are very unique domains, and so not even any real bearing on the extension's value in general. And they're not even high prices - look at "87.xyz $15,433". 87.com would be (at least) 100 times that.

So .com is 100 times the value of .xyz
We know .com is about 10 times the value of .net
See where .xyz fits in currently? And that's the high value xyz, the general sales like 2 really good words fetch very little, where in .com the same two good words fetch $xxx with little effort, $x,xxx or more if in the right hands.

Forget one off sales, regardless of price. View DNJournal for a few hours and you'll frown at some of the domain names sold for mid $xx,xxx or more. There are always exceptions to the rule, and the actual value of a TLD from a domain trader's point of view is the frequency of sales & sale prices, and currently xyz sale frequency is very low, and the sale prices are extremely low.

I think xyz will become popular, not as much as .com, or perhaps even net, but people are looking for this to happen now, and it's at least a year away for frequent low $xxx sales, a few years for them to become tradeable from a business point of view.

•••
Back