IT.COM

showcase What is your longest (currently registered) domain name/s? SHOWCASE + POLL

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is the max. amount of characters you would register / use for a domain name?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • only 1

• up to 3

• up to 5

• up to 7

• up to 9

• up to 15

• up to 20

• up to 40

• up to 63 (maximum possible ammount of characters in a domain name)

• only 63 (maximum possible ammount of characters in a domain name)

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Dear NP members!

SHOWCASE

Showcase your (currently registered) longest domain name/s here.
Of course you are also welcome to share your opinion/s referring to it.

POLL
What is the max. amount of characters you would register / use for a domain name?
You have to vote for one of the questions in the poll (please see above) to see the current result of it.

May y/our domains live long! ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ok, let me start:

SHOWCASE
My longest domain name (currently registered / beside many others) is:
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top
That's 21 times 'top' (21 x 3 = 63 characters = maximum length of a domain name) + .top as extension

POLL

I voted for 'up to 63 (maximum possible ammount of characters in a domain name)'

Last edited:
•••
AssertiveCommunicationTraining.com 31 letters!

•••
TelepresenseConferencing
(dot)
com

24 letters

•••
wwwabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz

•••
first rate construction com

•••
wwwabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz
A nice 'solution' to get one of the 'famous alphabet domains', although we all know if using 'www' as the first three digits in the name is always predestined to bring up confusion easy.

BTW, thats my 'alphabet domain catch', one of the shorter ones under my longest domains:
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.download
Could be used as a website for something like 'Download all, from A to Z'

•••
•••
My longest is sanjoséhotels.com

Don't think I like going longer than 15 characters.

•••
My longest is sanjoséhotels.com

Don't think I like going longer than 15 characters.

I see.
But, if you ask yourself - which domain has more power / potential to gain attention:
A 15 char. or a 63 char. domain?
I only mean the length of the domain and not the name or content itself.

•••
Well yes a 63 char would gain attention but I imagine it would be difficult to sell.

•••
Well yes a 63 char would gain attention but I imagine it would be difficult to sell.

Yes, it's not easy to sell exceptional domains.
Maybe the formula is: 'The longer the name the longer the time (to sell it)' but at the end the chances that you can sell it for a high price ar high because they will become very famous (if they are very long plus noticeable in some way).

•••
well you are right they will become known, i suppose the right buyer might be interested in paying for such domains.

•••
•••
According to 63 DOMAINS this is also interesting:

From
ahh.com 3
to
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.com 63
every between of (and including) those domains is active* and brings you to one of the world's most known all time Brands, CocaCola.

Find the 'whole pyramide' here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/do...optoptoptoptop-top.864456/page-4#post-5251448
Well if you are comparing yours to theirs you had better start regging all other versions, why would anyone wish to type in top up to 23 times? Then after five years do the sums and see if it was worth it?

•••
Well if you are comparing yours to theirs you had better start regging all other versions, why would anyone wish to type in top up to 23 times? Then after five years do the sums and see if it was worth it?

I discovered this some weeks AFTER registering my 21 top's and it's not really a compare, it's more an example how also big companies act with domains.

BTW, I own all top's from 11 times upwards to the most top's, 21 times.
All top's less than 11 times are not really important for me / my 21 tops because according to 63 DOMAINS I start to count at 11.
I don't calculate with time, I calculate with patience.

•••
Have fun, get comfortable ..... gonna be a long ride. Coke can afford stuff like this, over time for the average fellow the costs add up and you are forced to question the whole exercise as viable?

•••
Yes, of course it's not a big thing for big companies to manage a big amount of domains - but I am ready to manage 'my creation' until I will sell it, it's 'calculated'.

CocaCola's 'ahh' - pyramide consist of 61 single domains while my 'top - core structure' consist of 'only' 11 domains and at the end it's just only one which is really important - the 21 times top (most top).
And it's allways possible to pay for one domain.

•••
How can it be calculated, who and why would anyone buy a domain that is 63 characters long?
~
The only reason coke own all the variations is that the term can be verbalised, they do an ad and mention it and no matter what you type in you get a result. It is a completely different scenario. I just can't see anyone doing a radio test and saying top twenty three times. People have the attention span of a Nat these days. Imagine doing a voice search "i'm sorry was that top top top top .......etc"

•••
It can be calculated with the slogan 'Expect the Unexpected'.
Who buying? The one who can pay for it. It's the ultimate domain name, most top's ever.
Why buying? Just to own it.

Yes, of course you are right with your mentioned reasons behind this CocaCola domains.
Again, it wasn't a compare.
It was just an example to go other domain ways.

A radio test for 21 times top? Of course, why not, not a big problem.
I am sure this domain is perfect for a radio test / ad.
Just imagine a clear sounding voice - radio ad like:

+++
'Hello world!
You know how it sounds when saying 21 times 'top'?
No?
Ok, hear it now: top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top!'
That was exactly 21 times 'top'.
Now you know how it sounds.
But do you know how it looks if you type in 21 times 'top'?
No?
Ok, then just open your browser and type in 21 times 'top'!
And let it end with 'dot top'!
Dot!
Top!
+++

I am sure people will get curious when hearing this ad.

Last edited:
•••
skiskiskiskiskiskiskiskiskiskiskiskiskiskiskiskiskiskiskiskiski.ski
It's a 63 DOMAIN, they are just another level

•••
Waste of time and money going for 63 chars.

•••
Invest of time and money going for 63 DOMAINS

<°///><
fishingfishingfishingfishingfishingfishingfishingfishingfishing.fishing
It's a 63 DOMAIN, they are just another level

•••
Dude i registered wwwabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz for shits and giggles, but your site 63.domains shows you are destined to lose money until you realise folk do not buy that kind of domain, another level of loses

•••
Dude i registered wwwabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz for sh*ts and giggles, but your site 63.domains shows you are destined to lose money until you realise folk do not buy that kind of domain, another level of loses
I don't know.

•••
Back