IT.COM

showcase What is your longest (currently registered) domain name/s? SHOWCASE + POLL

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is the max. amount of characters you would register / use for a domain name?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • only 1

• up to 3

• up to 5

• up to 7

• up to 9

• up to 15

• up to 20

• up to 40

• up to 63 (maximum possible ammount of characters in a domain name)

• only 63 (maximum possible ammount of characters in a domain name)

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Dear NP members!

SHOWCASE

Showcase your (currently registered) longest domain name/s here.
Of course you are also welcome to share your opinion/s referring to it.

POLL
What is the max. amount of characters you would register / use for a domain name?
You have to vote for one of the questions in the poll (please see above) to see the current result of it.

May y/our domains live long! ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Waste of time and money going for 63 chars.

•••
Dude i registered wwwabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz for shits and giggles, but your site 63.domains shows you are destined to lose money until you realise folk do not buy that kind of domain, another level of loses

•••
IMO you should probably try and sell a .TOP domain before you purchase more. This might help you change your focus and save you a huge loss of income in the future if you continue with registering assumptions?

I will always feel for those who loose a lot of cash...

I remember a while back losing about $5k+ in hand reg rubbish when I first started in my first year. I'm lucky its a hobby and I learned from it very quickly after my first year.

I really hope others can be a lot wiser than I was...

•••
ForSaleForSaleForSaleForSaleForSaleForSaleForSaleForSaleForSale.ForSale

•••
AssertiveCommunicationTraining.com 31 letters!

•••
How can it be calculated, who and why would anyone buy a domain that is 63 characters long?
~
The only reason coke own all the variations is that the term can be verbalised, they do an ad and mention it and no matter what you type in you get a result. It is a completely different scenario. I just can't see anyone doing a radio test and saying top twenty three times. People have the attention span of a Nat these days. Imagine doing a voice search "i'm sorry was that top top top top .......etc"

•••
My longest is:

1234567890ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW.XYZ

For easy access I've

1234567890ABC.XYZ
I have 12345678910abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com

•••
I can't afford ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.COM

So I've got:

DEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.COM

I now have

ABC.DEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.COM

•••
ocococococococococococococococococococococococococococococococo.co

•••
Speaking of drones....

I've got:

DroneInsuranceCompany.com

I've got Dronie.TV

Twitter tried to copyright Dronie twice but was refused. They own Dronie.com

Dronie is a selfie taken using a drone.

----------------

I got duped by a copy and paste $1.88

abcdedghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz

which is actually really short. I see that now.

Last edited:
•••
888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888.com

63*8s

•••
1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz (.com)

and

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890 (.com)

•••
86868688686868.com the longest and funniest domain I own. It has 6 6's and 8 8's so by your logic it is also the wealthiest and luckiest of all domains.

•••
merrychristmaskissmyarse.com :bag:

•••
Ok, let me start:

SHOWCASE
My longest domain name (currently registered / beside many others) is:
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top
That's 21 times 'top' (21 x 3 = 63 characters = maximum length of a domain name) + .top as extension

POLL

I voted for 'up to 63 (maximum possible ammount of characters in a domain name)'

Last edited:
•••
wwwabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz

•••
wwwabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz
A nice 'solution' to get one of the 'famous alphabet domains', although we all know if using 'www' as the first three digits in the name is always predestined to bring up confusion easy.

BTW, thats my 'alphabet domain catch', one of the shorter ones under my longest domains:
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.download
Could be used as a website for something like 'Download all, from A to Z'

•••
•••
Well yes a 63 char would gain attention but I imagine it would be difficult to sell.

•••
Invest of time and money going for 63 DOMAINS

<°///><
fishingfishingfishingfishingfishingfishingfishingfishingfishing.fishing
It's a 63 DOMAIN, they are just another level

•••
Dude i registered wwwabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz for sh*ts and giggles, but your site 63.domains shows you are destined to lose money until you realise folk do not buy that kind of domain, another level of loses
I don't know.

•••
All these joke threads you create are probably fun for you, but you are also harming those new to domaining. If they listen to you, they will throw money away on low quality names.

•••
The art of "Domaining" is to sell names

•••
Thank you, I know what I do.
Sorry for your loss, I hope you do it better today + future.
I recommend you to register trademedomains.top

We know, domaining is a long term investment.
And as you may know, I believe .top domains will rule the market someday, so I don't worry.
Here is one of my newest catches >>> erster.top | 'erster' is the german word for 'the first one'

According to this thread's theme, here is another 63 DOMAIN
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.top

We can see, you own many short domains - so if you like, share your longest domain here.

No problem about the loss as it was good learning but expensive at the time... I have more than recovered my losses and I sell 2-5 domains a months $100 - $500 and now I always ensure I have enough to cover my purchases and renewals...

The major thing i have learned is its easy to buy a domain name of win on the domain drops. The challenge is to sell names and make ROI... Once you can master the art of selling it will make domaining much more enjoyable... :)

IMO 90% of first time domainers will loose money in their first year.

It's good that you see long term potential in .TOP but for other newbies into the industry I would only recommend .com domains. Master the art of buying and selling in .com and then maybe look at nGTLDs and give a few extensions a try? The may be some case where they can purchase a few single word nGTLDs and do some research to on-sell? I would also look at the renewals and ensure it isnt a premium and wouldnt keep any more than 10 nGTLDs starting off...

Thanks for your opinion but IMO trademedomains.TOP would be a waste of money as I don't see any return on investment with it.

I just let TradeMe.Domains drop as there was no need for it and it was only for one of my online sites.

However if I was to invest into .TOP it would be for quick flips and there is money to be made with N,NN,NNN & L,LL,LLL .TOP domains if you have the ability to sell on Jiangsu Bangning, 4.cn or maybe Namejet and buy at a very low price. It doesnt matter what gtld extention you own it can always be a challenge but you will have a better chance sell .com than other extentions.

I also have a nGTLD extension I believe in for the future but I don't promote it openly due to some newbies I often chat with may try and spend money in the wrong extensions to start with.

If you owned 8.TOP 88.TOP 888.TOP China.TOP ABC.TOP CC.TOP WON.TOP GG.TOP TTT.TOP or other similar type of names you would be taken a lot more seriously and especially if you have sales...

Best of luck with you ventures :)

These are the type of .TOP domains you want to own at low deal prices...

Top Domains.JPG

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back