IT.COM

What is Your Happiest Moment in the Domain Business So Far!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

elevator

DNCombo.comTop Member
Impact
I just felt we should try to make some startup domainers happy and encouraged by posting the happiest moment and how you come by the moment which some of us so far had in domain sales, ever before.

I know many people have some good stories to tell us here! This will surely encourage even me to do more and gain some ideas from your stories.

My own happiest moment was when I recently sold a seven Ns at namesilo.com market for just $100 only. I thought it was over for such domain to go in the market, I was even waiting for it to self drop and forget about it. but to my surprised to wake up on that very morning, found a message that says "congratulation, your sales of ------ .com completed and here is the link to your payment and valla! got the money at stipulated time.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There were and are many happy moments in domaining career but so far the standout was when I sold Symphony.com for $375,000 in 2014.

•••
We should start a new thread like
What is Your Jealousy Moment in Domain Business So Far

•••

Hahahahaha. Interesting!!!

•••
There were and are many happy moments in domaining career but so far the standout was when I sold Symphony.com for $375,000 in 2014.
nice sale, did you reach out? Or inbound.

•••
•••
Mine is a tie, when I first realized I was getting traffic to my hand regs(most of which I sold) and when I got my biggest sale of a hand reg 29k. But I have had many more let down,s like when my Party or the other gov party has stopped the plan from moving through congress which I have the categories locked up on, Many times. From privatization of social security to cancelling health vouchers as part of Obamacare.
Joe T

•••

Whao! that's great indeed. Congrats, was it hand regged by you or bought it from secondary market?

Last edited:
•••

Privided we can learn one thing or other from the string.

•••
Whao! that's great indeed. Congrats, was it hand regged by you or bought it from secondary market?

Thanks!
Private acquisition.

•••
I love positive discussions like this!

#1 I met a lifelong friend thanks to the domain business. I had a premium one-word .com domain name that he wanted to buy from me for his startup, and he offered me $100k but it wasn't enough. In an effort to keep in touch with me in case the price came down, he'd reach out to me each month and we'd catch up. He's since sold that startup and doesn't need the domain anymore, but we formed a bond and gained a genuine friendship from it that lives on today.

#2 My other happiest moments are closing big deals. My favorite sale was in the low six figures, not because it was my biggest sale, but because it was the most fun I've had negotiating. I've found that the big buyers are the most enjoyable to deal with. They act like pros and courteous at all times. They are the buyers that make this business worth being in.

•••
OH! Wonderful and interesting experience. Thanks for your contribution.I very sure, there are many many more lovely experience up coming soon. Please stay tune.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
My very first happiest moment was when I proved myself that it was possible to earn real money on the internet ... and that legally!

Before I started with domaining I was one of a part from the hacking scene, back in the days when I was a stupid, retarded and criminal 14 year old kid who made 3 figures a day and felt cool by doing this with just wrong stuff.

Anyways, domaining was the first step for me to finally get back to the real world and to concentrate on serious things.

[...]to your payment and valla!

I think you rather mean voilà, valla has some other meaning. ;)

•••
My very first happiest moment was when I proved myself that it was possible to earn real money on the internet ... and that legally!

Before I started with domaining I was one of a part from the hacking scene, back in the days when I was a stupid, retarded and criminal 14 year old kid who made 3 figures a day and felt cool by doing this with just wrong stuff.

Anyways, domaining was the first step for me to finally get back to the real world and to concentrate on serious things.

I think you rather mean voilà, valla has some other meaning. ;)

Thanks for your contribution, redemption and the correction -
voilà. Cheers.

•••
Not involved in the business any more, actually has been over a decade :)

But making a living on trading was fun for a few years, not quite as big as others but buying a two letter .net for around $3k and flipping it withing the week for $15k.

Other one going back a few years was buying a .com domain name for registration fee, putting in a little work and getting £400 a month out of it.

Tempted to get back into it but have been away for so long the trade has changed so much :)

Just edited as I remembered the domain name at it was a 2 letter .net :)

Last edited:
•••
when I bought Airline.net for $899 and then sold it in 30 days on flippa for $7500

•••
These are some awesome stories! Can't wait until I make some on my own:)

•••
when I cleared all my debts from domaining income!:)

•••
Not sure if this is really domaining related because it was actually an EMD with a website. It was funny because it led into another sale to the same people because I built a bit of a relationship with them. First site sold for $100k and the second for $20k. It was a bit of a happy/sad time for me..

Happy because I got to pay out all my debts, buy a new car, take the family on a holiday and give some money to my parents to get them out of some debt.

Sad because I should have spent that money wisely. Invested it more into developing more websites and buying domain names. I spent $10k developing a couple of websites but all but one of them where flops!

This was a big lesson for me, it was the most money I have ever had in the bank. I still have a chunk of it but the next big chunk of money I get, I will be a lot more wiser.

•••
Not that I don't have nice sales under my belt, and I do enjoy every single one of them, but even more gratifying for me is finding that needle in the haystack and hitting that pay button. And then you just stare at it in your account for a good 10 minutes and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The joy.

•••
Mine was when I managed to acquire dnbible.com and brandjitsu.com for less than $50 combined and use them as my blog and marketplace.

•••
Selling **batteries.com twice. 1st sale, owner didnt' renew. Sold it again a year later.

•••
•••
Only some months till now and my happiest moment will be my first sale. domain purchased for $1.99 and sold at bit less than $500. (inbound):)

•••
Only some months till now and my happiest moment will be my first sale. domain purchased for $1.99 and sold at bit less than $500. (inbound):)

Good story, congrats for your sale. Cheers.

•••
Back