IT.COM

discuss What is your evaluation technique?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
What is your evaluation technique when it comes to a domain name?

What all factors do you consider and which is the top priority?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good question.......

Loads of variables - a few below from my perspective when regging or buying a name (in no particular order)

The sector, it's current value and future growth potential
Is it popular (trending) or a long term hold
past sales history of keywords
Search volume of keywords
The extension
Brandabilty
Some people might use an appraisal tool to benchmark against (rightly or wrongly :xf.smile: )
Checking out similar listings on marketplaces
Using the good old fashion "hunch"

I use a few of the above, but not all of them all the time....

Last edited:
•••
Google the domain, if there are lots of companies using the name and it's not TM, then it's most likely good.

•••
•••
•••
If I see a company having hyphen or longer than i expect keywords.I go for it and wait.I also see some add unncessarry words after keywords making it hard to remember .I make mine shorter.I make sure i own the .com as it adds more value to my name even if its taking in other country extension.This is why we see some names sell so high and we dont understand why.

Develop your own portfolio by researching and buying to hold long term,lots of undervalued names out there.Dont forget ,be patient the buyers are watching as you adjust your prices.

Google,bing and other places to research.The opportunities abound.

•••
Domain keyword, Traffic rank, Google rank, Page view per hour, revenue from the business model.

•••
•••
Good question.......

Loads of variables - a few below from my perspective when regging or buying a name (in no particular order)

The sector, it's current value and future growth potential
Is it popular (trending) or a long term hold
past sales history of keywords
Search volume of keywords
The extension
Brandabilty
Some people might use an appraisal tool to benchmark against (rightly or wrongly :xf.smile: )
Checking out similar listings on marketplaces
Using the good old fashion "hunch"

I use a few of the above, but not all of them all the time....

I think someone registered DomainHunch.com after reading your comment. I was going to otherwise.

https://fsdata.se/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=whois_data&domainname=domainhunch.com

•••
Google the domain, if there are lots of companies using the name and it's not TM, then it's most likely good.
Good point to be consider

•••
That's a good point to evaluate .

•••
•••
A combination of comps, the roesener equation and experience. The first two get me the ballpark value but experience will let me narrow it down.

•••
A lot of things matter. You can check some of those terms on evaluation websites . That evaluate for free.
It also up to you how to present your website if its established.

•••
Back