IT.COM

question What is your average domain parking ctr% ?

NameSilo
Watch

steven67

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Hi,

I just want to know what's average domain parking ctr % of your account? Someone told me 10% ctr of domain parking account (at Bodis, ParkingCrew, AfterNIC, etc.) is not very high and alarming.

Please post average ctr % of your account with domain parking platform so I may know above what level I should look into details from where traffic is coming and why ctr is so high. You can post your figure of any platform but I am specially interested for Bodis, ParkingCrew, AfterNIC and GoDaddy domain parking platforms.

Thanks

Steven

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
10% in average is considered as good CTR in the domain parking industry overall.

Regarding me...
I have below this level using Bodis and ParkingCrew.

Portfolio size: ~4.4K domains.

•••
My CTR over the past 30 days is 10.09%.

•••
This is recent history.. its fairly consistent but it should be as the "upstream provider" is the same... I like my names at Bodis because I like seeing where exactly my traffic is coming from using the hook into Google Analytics, but I do move names between Bodis and Voodoo. Both are run but quality people, very responsive to questions, their sites are well maintained, etc. Just wish the earnings where like they were back in 2004, 2005, etc.. :)

Bodis (Dec-2014 to current):
CTR: 6.75%
EPC: $0.12 USD
RPM: $7.85

Voodoo (Dec-2013 to current):
CTR: 7.32%
EPC: $0.13 USD
RPM: $9.52

•••
Parked a domain at PC just yesterday. My CTR is a whooping 83% and since I bought this domain off of another seller just a couple days back and PC team is verifying ownership I have no revenue to report.

But the domain for some reason has been blocked for their tier1 advertisers but accepted by T2 advertisers.

Waiting to see what outcome it gets me in the next couple days once ownership is verified.

•••
•••
My CTR is around 5% now. The reason for lower as usual CTR is, that I have domains even with CPC of 50+ USD,, so this domains get about 3% CTR or even less.

•••
I heard that if you choose to park, once UPRD, there will be a possibility of failure. Is this true?

•••
I heard that if you choose to park, once UPRD, there will be a possibility of failure. Is this true?
Only if you have TM names or typos. If your traffic is generic, you are good.

•••
Only if you have TM names or typos. If your traffic is generic, you are good.
So who would choose to park the premium domain name? Have you found a problem: If Google Analytics accesses the website, the traffic will be very much. Are these traffic false?

•••
Not false, but I think you mean bots. The traffic doesnt get to premium names only. You could have average 2 word .com which could attract traffic. But this topic is not fitting to this thread.

•••
Not false, but I think you mean bots. The traffic doesnt get to premium names only. You could have average 2 word .com which could attract traffic.
Thank you @decades80 . I've bought a lot here, I've developed a website and they point to it, but is there a good way to monitor that traffic? Except for the Google analysis

•••
You can block bots in Googla analytics, I think they are the most reliable....

•••
yeah, is nice .I think I need to study how to stop it;)

•••
What is your average domain parking ctr%

if i said it's 50% at this place or that place, how would that help you?

only what you could average is important,
since no domain is the same, then their respective ctr's won't be the same.

also, 100% ctr means nothing, if you're only getting $0.01 EPC

and, if you only get 5% ctr, but the EPC is $6.00, which is better?

just saying....

imo….

•••
Back