Dynadot

What Is The Worst Registrar of 2021

Namecheap

Worst Registrar Of 2021

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 101Domain

votes
    2.7%
  • 123-Reg

votes
    0.0%
  • Alibaba Cloud

votes
    0.0%
  • BlueHost

vote
    1.3%
  • CloudFlare

votes
    0.0%
  • DirectNic

votes
    0.0%
  • Domain.com

votes
    0.0%
  • Dotster

votes
    0.0%
  • Dynadot

votes
    0.0%
  • Epik

votes
    33.3%
  • Fabulous

votes
    0.0%
  • Gandi

votes
    0.0%
  • GoDaddy

votes
    13.3%
  • Google

votes
    0.0%
  • Hexonet

votes
    0.0%
  • HiChina

votes
    0.0%
  • Hostinger

votes
    0.0%
  • HostPapa

votes
    0.0%
  • Hover

votes
    0.0%
  • InternetBS

votes
    0.0%
  • Ionos

votes
    4.0%
  • Joker.com

votes
    0.0%
  • Moniker

vote
    1.3%
  • Name.com

votes
    0.0%
  • Namebright

votes
    0.0%
  • NameCheap

vote
    1.3%
  • Namepal

vote
    1.3%
  • NameSilo.com

vote
    1.3%
  • Network Solutions

votes
    20.0%
  • Onamae

votes
    0.0%
  • OVH

vote
    1.3%
  • Porkbun

votes
    0.0%
  • Public Domain Registry

votes
    0.0%
  • Rebel

votes
    0.0%
  • Reg.ru

votes
    0.0%
  • Register.com

vote
    1.3%
  • Register.it

votes
    0.0%
  • ResellerClub

vote
    1.3%
  • Sav

votes
    16.0%
  • Uniregistry

votes
    0.0%

Derek Peterson

Restricted (15-30%)
Impact
The voting will take place for the last two months of 2021 the poll closes on December 31,2021. You cast only 1 vote. This way you will have plenty of time to think about your vote, you will have time to change your vote if you so desire.

We decided on only one vote because results get diluted with multiple votes.

Employees are prohibited from voting.

Frans Citroën

Top Member
Impact
There are 3 registrar polls running simultaneously:

1) Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2021 (3 choices) (votes private)
2) If I could only use one registrar for the next 12 months it would be? (1 choice) (votes public)
3) What Is The Worst Registrar of 2021 (1 choice) (votes private) *Current Thread/Poll

This is a great idea to have all 3 polls running at the same time, because we can now truly compare and make a better analyses.

PS I've added these polls together and posted this on all three threads so we can find them easier.

Last edited:

Derek Peterson

Restricted (15-30%)
Impact
There are 3 registrar polls running simultaneously:

1) Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2021 (3 choices) (votes private)
2) If I could only use one registrar for the next 12 months it would be? (1 choice) (votes public)
3) What Is The Worst Registrar of 2021 (1 choice) (votes private) *Current Thread/Poll

This is a great idea to have all 3 polls running at the same time, because we can now truly compare and make a better analyses.

PS I've added these polls together and posted this on all three threads so we can find them easier.

Yes, both the 3 vote and 1 vote polls have their benefits but to really understand the absolute WORST registrar you really can only have one vote since the polls don't allow for the 3 vote option to be prioritized.

Sumeeth

DomExpert
Impact
As we already running thread for best registrars obviously we can also see the registrar which got least votes as well. That itself is least desired registrar(s).

The Best or Worst all it depends on the individual experience with that registrar. I don't think we need other poll to find out worst one. Just my opinion :)

Future Sensors

78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots
Impact
As we already running thread for best registrars obviously we can also see the registrar which got least votes as well. That itself is least desired registrar(s).

In itself a good observation, but it does not explain the differences that we're now starting to notice in this poll.

Last edited:

Samxui

Established Member
Impact
How do you define 'worst'?

Well, I am not voting in this poll.

I currently use Dynadot, Epik, Namecheap, Namesilo, GoDaddy, and most recently SAV.

And I use each of these registrars for 1 or more reasons.

There's been complain here and there about Sav from some domainers, yet their pricing is very attractive. That's why I signed up.

And I see lots of fingers pointed at Epik in this poll. They have a lot of 'good' to balance out the recent security failings (which I suspect accounts for the votes so far) so they can't be 'worst'.
Like I said, what you mean by 'worst', hasn't been defined yet.

To get something that is near accurate, create a poll that takes into cognisance the following:
1. Security.
2. Customer service.
3. Ease of domain transfer.
4. Site UX and usability.
5. Availability of promos and sweet deals. etc.

Do this, then I would be interested in voting.

Last edited:

Windoms

Top Contributor
Impact
How do you define 'worst'?

Well, I am not voting in this poll.

I currently use Dynadot, Epik, Namecheap, Namesilo, GoDaddy, and most recently SAV.

And I use each of these registrars for 1 or more reasons.

There's been complain here and there about Sav from some domainers, yet their pricing is very attractive. That's why I signed up.

And I see lots of fingers pointed at Epik in this poll. They have a lot of 'good' to balance out the recent security failings (which I suspect accounts for the votes so far) so they can't be 'worst'.
Like I said, what you mean by 'worst', hasn't been defined yet.

To get something that is near accurate, create a poll that takes into cognisance the following:
1. Security.
2. Customer service.
3. Ease of domain transfer.
4. Site UX and usability.
5. Availability of promos and sweet deals. etc.

Do this, then I would be interested in voting.
My friend.
The place you hold your assets.
The most important point isnt price or customer service, but security.
Abd for that, swiss bank of domains failed.
Especially after its extensive branding.
So you should definitly vote for epik on this one.

Sav also being shady people and crooks, there you have it.
Therefore, this poll is quite relevant.

Derek Peterson

Restricted (15-30%)
Impact

The Best or Worst all it depends on the individual experience with that registrar. I don't think we need other poll to find out worst one. Just my opinion :)

There are currently more than 10 Registrars in that poll with zero selected. How can we discern which of those 10 is the worst? And if a Registrar is just not noteworthy and no one votes for them as the best that doesn't mean they are bad or the especially the worst. And with a bunch of zeroes for non noteworthy registrars it is pretty easy for an the owner or employee of a Registrar to cast some votes and sway the entire results with just one vote. I can't imagine anyone would cheat like that but there are some pretty awful people in the world.

Thanks for the input but it is not smart advice.

Last edited: