Dynadot

What is the permalink (post number and time links) on every post used for?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SamDam

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
I would like to know what is the usage of numbering for every post in every thread or comment for an article, is it just to have the link for the post, why is it clickable?
Is it like a bookmark for the post in the thread?

My main question is, As I'm newbie, and as there is huge information needed to know, to read more and more, So I want to ask if there is a post in a thread (thread has too many posts) and I want to bookmark this post (or many) which has valuable and must information to read few times later. Is there a chance to do that?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cut and paste the specific post info into a text file instead. Then later on, you can search the text file for keywords.

•••
Cut and paste the specific post info into a text file instead. Then later on, you can search the text file for keywords.

Thanks @offthehandle for your suggestion, but I wanted if there a chance for the moderators here to create or find a way to bookmark a specific post(s), and have these in my bookmarks (for example) to get to it later. like in profile ( my alerts ) or ( Areas ) or to be like Watched Threads and Watched Forums, as there is some answer posts are very long (considered as an article) have very valuable information.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @offthehandle for your suggestion, but I wanted if there a chance for the moderators here to create or find a way to bookmark a specific post(s), and have these in my bookmarks (for example) to get to it later. like in profile ( my alerts ) or ( Areas ) or to be like Watched Threads and Watched Forums, as there is some answer posts are very long (considered as an article) have very valuable information.

Thanks anyway.
Once you click the post number (or the time) on a particular post, your web browser will visit a unique URL for that specific post. You can then favorite that page and it will be a favorite to that exact post.

You can also send those links to others when you want to send them to a specific post on NamePros.

Here are two links to your specific post that I'm replying to:
  1. From the post number: https://www.namepros.com/posts/6123954/
  2. From the time: https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-is-the-permalink-for-every-post-used-for.1015380/#post-6123954
Those two links are for the same post because the first link redirects to the second link. It's just a shorter form.

Hope that helps,

•••
Thanks @Eric Lyon , I was thinking of something like bookmarked posts to be in my profile page also like Watched Threads and Watched Forums but I think may be no need too much for this as the Watched threads is enough. Thanks again for your help.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back