IT.COM

discuss What is the next Big Thing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

FavourB

Established Member
Impact
My mind was roaming through some things pertaining to DOMAINING
And I started asking myself what is the next Big thing to come.

Back in the days no one new of blockchain
Or crypto but today we all know,
The early domain investors that are always on alert, got paid handsomely

What about the Libra era that is still in the air
Well all the 1st tier name pertaining to Libra has also gone to those that got early info.

We have seen so many era and probably most of us new starters missed out

Now am hoping on the future,
I really wish to hit the jackpot when the next big thing opens up like a flower

Jackpot like the owner of blockchain.com had before it blew.

So let's discuss what in your opinion from the way the world is changing is gonna be the next big thing.

For me i think 5G will be the next big thing
Whoever got 5G.com would be very lucky by then.

Lets hear your opinions:xf.grin: and make this fun

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.mobi? Social media exodus, but who knows how to make a mobile site? 10% visitors today from a desktop

Back to basics broke internet/broke

-have a special day

•••
I also started registering a lot of top keywords for BCI starting in 2017 when I first heard about this. Though I'm an enthusiast, this isn't the "next big thing". I'd predict 3 to 10 years before we'll see significant medical applications. 6 to 20 years for consumer applications. The main companies seem to be Facebook, Kernel and Neuralink.

•••
VR education will see massive growth as Covid continues to spread. When the new school year starts, I doubt kids will be going back to school. If they are, it won't last. VR classrooms are the future. VR tourism will also see substantial growth. I can't see many people taking a plane or cruise with a high risk of catching covid. Easier to put on a headset and travel. Not the same, but as headsets improve, it's a great alternative. I might be a bit biased though :sneaky:

Last edited:
•••
Screenshot_20200721-175559_Chrome.jpg

Elon Musk‘s mysterious Neuralink startup is working on a brain-computer interface that will allow wearers to stream music directly to their brain, the technology entrepreneur has claimed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...-computer-chip-music-stream-a9627686.html?amp

•••
BCI can theoretically send and receive just about anything to and from the brain.

•••
VR education will see massive growth as Covid continues to spread. When the new school year starts, I doubt kids will be going back to school. If they are, it won't last. VR classrooms are the future. VR tourism will also see substantial growth. I can't see many people taking a plane or cruise with a high risk of catching covid. Easier to put on a headset and travel. Not the same, but as headsets improve, it's a great alternative. I might be a bit biased though :sneaky:

I agree with you but what will be the defining keywords?

Will it be 'VR', 'Virtual', '360', 'XR' '3D' etc.?

Perhaps the keywords will not even be important if it becomes widespread.
20 years ago we were using keywords like 'online' & 'e' but they are now largely redundant because it is simply assumed.

Perhaps there will be a new extension that everyone flocks to to distinguish the new technology trend.

Interested in your thoughts on this because you have an investment in 'vr' domains.

Last edited:
•••
I checked google trends and VR / XR aren’t picking up much traction these days but searches for “virtual education” and “virtual school” gained significantly since March as this is commonly used to identify taking school classes online.

•••
I checked google trends and VR / XR aren’t picking up much traction these days but searches for “virtual education” and “virtual school” gained significantly since March as this is commonly used to identify taking school classes online.

Thanks - I have noticed those phrases becoming common in the media recently, although there really appears to be no current technological difference between online classes and virtual classes (except perhaps the use of live-streaming video). Perhaps this will change when virtual technology becomes more useable in the future.

•••
•••
What about DAO(s) (Decentralized Autonomous Organization(s))?

From https://irishtechnews.ie:

"DAO: A DECENTRALIZED GOVERNANCE LAYER FOR THE INTERNET OF VALUE"
https://irishtechnews.ie/dao-a-decentralized-governance-layer-for-the-internet-of-value/

Thanks, I had never heard of this before.

A well-known example, intended for venture capital funding, was The DAO, which launched with $150 million in crowdfunding in June 2016, and was immediately hacked and drained of US$50 million in cryptocurrency. [wikipedia]

Quite amusing :)

•••
The next big thing ? : It is already busy ; The raise of criminality computer - internet smartphonerelated. The so-called little criminality is shifting more and more to the internet.

More and more being spied on.

Losing our actual freedom.

"Addictions"
from people to the internet and smartphones in particular.

More and more working with PC and smartphone : Deteriorating of real (and depth-) person to person-contact : less real face to face-contact in reality. in exchange for only seeing each other on a screen.

It is very sad that the coronavirus is also pushing this trend, because social distancing is for the moment necessary.

Last edited:
•••
I believe these will be the next big things considering the pandemic and current situations,

1. Quick medical support and instant diagnosis

2. Remote work culture and work from home jobs

3. Virtual reality based next generation e-commerce

4. Mental health services and mindfulness

5. Blockchain based fintech startups

6. Disruptive ways of delivering Health insurance

7. Internet of things for end consumer products

8. Home Automation and smart appliances for homes

9. Audio books and curated content platforms

10. E-learning, masterclasses, skill development ventures in third world countries

Hope you find this information helpful.

Warm Regards.

•••
I believe these will be the next big things considering the pandemic and current situations,

1. Quick medical support and instant diagnosis

2. Remote work culture and work from home jobs

3. Virtual reality based next generation e-commerce

4. Mental health services and mindfulness

5. Blockchain based fintech startups

6. Disruptive ways of delivering Health insurance

7. Internet of things for end consumer products

8. Home Automation and smart appliances for homes

9. Audio books and curated content platforms

10. E-learning, masterclasses, skill development ventures in third world countries

Hope you find this information helpful.

Warm Regards.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean concerning: number 6. Disruptive ways of delivering Health insurance.
Do you mean something along the lines of cold calling?
Could you elaborate?

•••
Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean concerning: number 6. Disruptive ways of delivering Health insurance.
Do you mean something along the lines of cold calling?
Could you elaborate?

Well. Before the pandemic the insurance industry was working very much in the traditional ways, around 90% of the policies are still delivered by the footsoldiers called as insurance agents (especially in the developing countries like India and Brazil). Now there are limitations on the movement, it's impossible for these agents to do the person to person marketing. Where most of these agents stick to the old ways they are facing huge challenges to adopt digital marketing.

Now if you asses the situations in the countries like India and Brazil, all the big players in the industry are switching their entire infrastructure to the digital space.

•••
Well. Before the pandemic the insurance industry was working very much in the traditional ways, around 90% of the policies are still delivered by the footsoldiers called as insurance agents (especially in the developing countries like India and Brazil). Now there are limitations on the movement, it's impossible for these agents to do the person to person marketing. Where most of these agents stick to the old ways they are facing huge challenges to adopt digital marketing.

Now if you asses the situations in the countries like India and Brazil, all the big players in the industry are switching their entire infrastructure to the digital space.

OK, I understand where you are coming from. Although I don't live in one of those countries, I guess I can expect to see a lot of un-targeted health insurance spam over the coming months.

•••
Any new Next Big Things on the horizon?

•••
•••
•••
The Rapture of Christians, followed by blaming it on UFOs

•••
•••
I posted back in August 2019 and agreed that Defi was going to do well....and that is heating up quite nicely

I'm going to add Animate Materials to my predictions....see the thread on Namepros 😉

•••
•••
•••
automation and lots of unemployed people!!!
Universal Income
Lots of upheavals because too many dictatorships--a few control freaks controlling the billions of people-WTF is that...overthrow them!!
WW3!!!

•••
Many Blockchains are here now.

Ethereum
Matic
Solana
Binance chain

I guess Crosschain / Multichain will be the next big thing as users are really confused and want to use one chain with less fees.

Just like instead of using 10 different exchanges its better to use UniSwap to buy tokens , any app / Technology supporting "crosschain transactions" will be huge.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back