Dynadot

discuss What is the next Big Thing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

FavourB

Established Member
Impact
My mind was roaming through some things pertaining to DOMAINING
And I started asking myself what is the next Big thing to come.

Back in the days no one new of blockchain
Or crypto but today we all know,
The early domain investors that are always on alert, got paid handsomely

What about the Libra era that is still in the air
Well all the 1st tier name pertaining to Libra has also gone to those that got early info.

We have seen so many era and probably most of us new starters missed out

Now am hoping on the future,
I really wish to hit the jackpot when the next big thing opens up like a flower

Jackpot like the owner of blockchain.com had before it blew.

So let's discuss what in your opinion from the way the world is changing is gonna be the next big thing.

For me i think 5G will be the next big thing
Whoever got 5G.com would be very lucky by then.

Lets hear your opinions:xf.grin: and make this fun

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You think concept names like this would have direct end users acceptance who would be willing to pay high bucks for such exact "concept" names ? I am not asking only for claytronics, but just asking for other concept names in general too.

•••
You think concept names like this would have direct end users acceptance who would be willing to pay high bucks for such exact "concept" names ? I am not asking only for claytronics, but just asking for other concept names in general too.

Depends on the concept ,whatg it has and the future commerical value.

I just liked it enough to work hard to get it.

•••
Depends on the concept ,whatg it has and the future commerical value.

I just liked it enough to work hard to get it.
Yes I agree with Claytronics, no doubt its got good potential.

But I was talking about other such concepts which we hear on Internet are evolving in the years to come.

I used to purchase/register a lot of such direct concept names, their theoricial names, etc a few years ago, but then changed my approach.

For example, we might find end-users for terms like 5gTab and 5gGadget rather than 5gInternet which is rather more general in nature and the exact concept name.

•••
Technologies related to Digital Transformation (Ai, BlockChain, iot, ML, DL, NT, RPA)

•••
CBG or cannabigerol seems to be making its way behind the scenes in the cannabis space.. I know a few people who have began to invest in these names :)

•••
Nanotechnology but it’s probably a good 5 years away 😊

•••
For me, the next big thing is clearly Deep Fakes!

•••
collector coin products

Cheers
Corey

•••
Am confident Is gonna be CBG and i got myself savvycbg.com

•••
I can’t forecast the next big thing.Let there be no UDRP issue in the future.

Thanks
DpakH

•••
•••
Domains with "Futuristic" as the prefix.

•••
•••
•••
Yea i saw the post

Really a big joke

•••
Foldables, Wearables, Gesturables, ai, iot.

•••
I think nanotechnology combined with medical devices so that treatments/medications can be delivered with great precision is very close to cusp of scaleable use. Internet of Nanoscale Things will be important. I am not convinced that will translate into a lot of related domain sales though.

I think there is still a lot of scaleable potential in peer to peer services. We have Uber/Lyft etc., we have AirBnB etc. We have moves to share spaces for all kinds of purposes. I think other types of products and services will expand.

Artificial intelligence is clearly already here, but the applications of it in real world day to day life still has lots of legs. Robo financial advising has become huge in last half-decade. Similar will be in other professions where AI enabled products handle routine aspects.

If I look to society it seems to me lots of justified concern around related issues: privacy, data security and others profiting from your information. While this is sort of not a new trend, I think it may well be at a tipping point where we will see some service (hopefully a domain friendly one:xf.smile:) that allows people to do much of what they like on social media, but own their contributions, and control their interactions/data.

Robotics has been here for decades, but I still see lots of life in it. Robotic surgery already big. Will be bigger in dentistry. Will be bigger in consumer level assistive services.

I think transportation is already well into major revolution away from private cars, away from gas engines. into more environmental and urban friendly alternatives like ebikes and escooters. In these and many other products the sharing economy will grow.

To some degree IoT type smart cities are more promoted than impactful, perhaps, now but I see it as a big area. Will it be good for domainers? Not sure. I like .org for this if it were not for the recent issues.

Experiences of every kind are a scaleable big thing, as people treasure experiences they have over more products.

Buy/do local will get even bigger. This is for a host of intertwined reasons and not only environmental, but partly that.

Creative side-gigs. I think more people will have side-gigs bringing in 10% or more of their income than now, and many of these will be in creative pursuits. Lots of potential for domain names here, although maybe not at very high prices.

Environmental travel. Conventional travel of jetting across oceans, taking cruises, driving long distances in private automobiles is going to be increasingly frowned upon. I think unique travel experiences that provide an experience with little impact on carbon or other environmental aspects will grow. For 2020 this is high on my priority to probably get some domain names in personally.

Happiness and Mindfulness. Mental health is health. I am always bullish on happiness :xf.smile:. As I have pointed out in other threads, the word happy sells a lot as part of a domain name in recent years.

You can return to this post in five years to see how wrong I was! D-:

Have a happy day everyone! :)

Bob

Last edited:
•••
XR
Flying taxis
Clean Energy

It's still early doors for these but they will get much much bigger

•••
I think nanotechnology combined with medical devices so that treatments/medications can be delivered with great precision is very close to cusp of scaleable use. Internet of Nanoscale Things will be important. I am not convinced that will translate into a lot of related domain sales though.

I think there is still a lot of scaleable potential in peer to peer services. We have Uber/Lyft etc., we have AirBnB etc. We have moves to share spaces for all kinds of purposes. I think other types of products and services will expand.

Artificial intelligence is clearly already here, but the applications of it in real world day to day life still has lots of legs. Robo financial advising has become huge in last half-decade. Similar will be in other professions where AI enabled products handle routine aspects.

If I look to society it seems to me lots of justified concern around related issues: privacy, data security and others profiting from your information. While this is sort of not a new trend, I think it may well be at a tipping point where we will see some service (hopefully a domain friendly one:xf.smile:) that allows people to do much of what they like on social media, but own their contributions, and control their interactions/data.

Robotics has been here for decades, but I still see lots of life in it. Robotic surgery already big. Will be bigger in dentistry. Will be bigger in consumer level assistive services.

I think transportation is already well into major revolution away from private cars, away from gas engines. into more environmental and urban friendly alternatives like ebikes and escooters. In these and many other products the sharing economy will grow.

To some degree IoT type smart cities are more promoted than impactful, perhaps, now but I see it as a big area. Will it be good for domainers? Not sure. I like .org for this if it were not for the recent issues.

Experiences of every kind are a scaleable big thing, as people treasure experiences they have over more products.

Buy/do local will get even bigger. This is for a host of intertwined reasons and not only environmental, but partly that.

Creative side-gigs. I think more people will have side-gigs bringing in 10% or more of their income than now, and many of these will be in creative pursuits. Lots of potential for domain names here, although maybe not at very high prices.

Environmental travel. Conventional travel of jetting across oceans, taking cruises, driving long distances in private automobiles is going to be increasingly frowned upon. I think unique travel experiences that provide an experience with little impact on carbon or other environmental aspects will grow. For 2020 this is high on my priority to probably get some domain names in personally.

Happiness and Mindfulness. Mental health is health. I am always bullish on happiness :xf.smile:. As I have pointed out in other threads, the word happy sells a lot as part of a domain name in recent years.

You can return to this post in five years to see how wrong I was! D-:

Have a happy day everyone! :)

Bob

Please elaborate us more on buy/do local

I can understand all others , but I don't really understand the concept on buy/do local

•••
I can understand all others , but I don't really understand the concept on buy/do local
The idea of to the degree possible buy food that is grown in your region (a few books such as 100 Mile Diet championed the idea). I see a lot of sentiment toward dealing with local markets from farm producers in the region, and the big supermarkets here are starting to list where food items were produced when nearby. Part of the reasoning it is more environmental because not paying for refrigerated transport from different regions, and also you are supporting the local economy. Some also see it as supporting small vs big and tie in to a sort of wave of anti big business globalism.

But it extends to more than food. People I think for certain types of items, like hand crafted items partly because they get to have a direct relationship. Like if I go to the local market and buy a wall hanging, art card, jewelry piece, scarf, locally printed and published book, etc. I know the seller and maker. Clearly most purchases still made at big stores from products crafted other side of world but I see a trend to support local.

Re do local, there are mixed signals it seems with lots going to exotic places on other side of world, but others are choosing to make local vacations and activities. These are environmentally friendlier and also support local initiatives. They also may lead to ongoing relationships, either with others you meet in the experience or by revisiting it. Our city for example each week has a Be A Tourist In Your Own Town with discounted rates to go to the things tourists do.

I see in the experiences my daughter and her friends with young families are providing for their children a focus on experiences not things, and a focus on local experiences many times vs paying for one big trip to a distant place.

How big is this domain wise? Not sure. But at least in Canada I see lots of sentiment toward local and small vs global and big.

Thank you for the question.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the detailed explanation

•••
•••

Little off topic here:

I hate IoT very much because I know where it is heading.

Ask your self what is the use of IoT? or more specifically why do we need this tech in first place?! why my fridge needs to be connected to the internet? I think the answer is clear but we chose to ignore it, the answer is "So that your fridge will be able to spy on you, in case your mobile phone is far away".. Really guys IoT will become the biggest spying network of all time, they will get info about every small aspect in your life to send you targeted ads, to classify you then send you targeted news...etc.

•••
Do some research, iot is more than that. The internet is also more than just advertising and spying.

•••
I hate IoT very much because I know where it is heading.

Sometimes I have similar thoughts on IOT as well, hell, I have them now ever since I got a smart phone,
but IOT is coming nonetheless and I hope to capitalize on it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back