Dynadot

What is the difference between a proxy and a VPN? Are they both safe to use for browsing anonymously?

NameSilo
Watch

sunnyIsla

Impact
VPN is a Virtual Private network, most of them built on some hosting servers, thats why their IP is a datacenter IP.

When you connect to it your incoming and outgoing traffic go throught it so only VPN provider can see sites you browse and your real IP.

But they would give police your Real IP and your log file if police asked them.

They also can sell your data to Ads websites or even show you some Ads

Some of them can also can convert your device into a VPN server and sell it to other customers as a residential VPN.

That’s why I never use VPN

I use something much better which is the “922 Socks5 proxy”

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
VPN is a Virtual Private network, most of them built on some hosting servers, thats why their IP is a datacenter IP.

When you connect to it your incoming and outgoing traffic go throught it so only VPN provider can see sites you browse and your real IP.

But they would give police your Real IP and your log file if police asked them.

They also can sell your data to Ads websites or even show you some Ads

Some of them can also can convert your device into a VPN server and sell it to other customers as a residential VPN.

That’s why I never use VPN

I use something much better which is the “922 Socks5 proxy”
There are tons of VPN companies that will never give the police or anyone else logs because they dont store them. I use Mullvad, which is one. Just type vpn companies that dont keep logs into google to get tons of recommendations

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back