question What is the biggest amount you paid for domain purchase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
as you know we are all here trading domains with different budgets
what is the biggest amount you paid to purchase 1 domain - no bulk

mine was for 1 LLL.com for 9000 US$ before prices bumped

what about you Npers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$47 a couple years ago for a turnkey starter site + domain on Flippa - animatingarts.com was the site and I was mostly interested in the website platform so I could rip apart the code for some other projects. I installed the site and ran it a few months, made a couple bucks off AdSense and then let it lapse due to many projects going.

•••
$59.95 for a backorder domain that I got from godaddy.

Last edited:
•••
$89.00 on Namejet for a 6l dictionary word in .com

•••
Can't believe I was only thinking of the more recent domains I buy with the intent to flip...so to correct my first post in this thread, my first domain, StarForce7.com (which I still own) was $140 to register in 1996, since Network Solutions was pretty much it back then and you had to pay for 2 years at $70/yr.

•••
•••
$59.95 for a backorder domain that I got from godaddy.

$59? for backorder? isn't it $25 these days? when was this?

•••
In 2008 godaddy and many other places use to charge $59.95 to backorder a domain

•••
•••
•••
^ hey!

Its funny, I was just thinking of the .moe name (88888.moe). It was my only shot at a Chinese domain. I let it drop of course. Its not like I have a portfolio of .moe names, it was my only one.

•••
^ hey!

Its funny, I was just thinking of the .moe name (88888.moe). It was my only shot at a Chinese domain. I let it drop of course. Its not like I have a portfolio of .moe names, it was my only one.
glad to see your still on namepro's , I was just having some fun with you .

•••
Highest I paid was 5k and got it

Highest I offered was 15k and did not get it

•••
600 @ auction.
Will be paying up to 3k for up to 10yr hold on some premiums too.
3L-4L /3N in category killers.

•••
$200 for a dot com I wasn't entirely sure of, sold it for $1k three months later thankfully.

haven't spent over $50 since

•••
$50 from registrar although much prefer $10. Coms from registrar tho lol

•••
I am amazed by some of the repies so far from some experienced domainers, can't believe many people haven't even spent 4 figures on a domain, very interesting.

My highest to date was $5k + fees for a category killer forex domain recently (I didn't even try to negotiation), a ton of other buys in the lowish 4 figure range but to date $5k is my highest.

Last edited:
•••
•••
$288 about 10 years back for a 2-word geo .com, which we got an inquiry about a week later and sold for $3000 :xf.grin:

•••
$250 for a Godaddy Bin which I sold 2 weeks later for $1,500.

•••
Mega.co bought for $15K, sold one year later for $60K, still one of the highest .co sale to this day.

•••
•••
$10K for an adult VR name.

•••
I am amazed by some of the repies so far from some experienced domainers, can't believe many people haven't even spent 4 figures on a domain, very interesting.

My highest to date was $5k + fees for a category killer forex domain recently (I didn't even try to negotiation), a ton of other buys in the lowish 4 figure range but to date $5k is my highest.

Profit is in the buy ;)
5k sound like a bargain for category killer forex.
Happy hunting

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back