NameSilo

What is the best way to sell 3 letter .com domain

Labeled as advice in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion started by Hef, Jul 16, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Hef

Hef New Member

Hi,

I recently decided to sell my 3 letters (.com) domain which I own for more than 20 years.
    What is the best strategy? For now, I only have a lending page. Waiting for someone to discover it doesn't look enough to me.

Shell, I look for the broker; any recommendation.
    I prefer to go to the Chinese market.

Any help will be useful

thanks in advance

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee 域名世界 VIP

3L .com are sought after by corporate China. Do research. The best value is discovered when your domain can serve as an upgrade for a Chinese company (e.g. OFO.com sold for over $1m). You can list your domain with a domain MLS service such as Afternic fast transfer so you can avoid the language and other issues.

3. biggie

biggie Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

such names basically sell themselves

only issues for buyers are, ability to contact owner and agreeing to a price

however, I would not put it on fast transfer/

imo...

4. BaileyUK

BaileyUK Top Member VIP

There has to be a comment about the relevance of these three letters. I am going to assume, though I could be wrong that this is a combo of three less desirable letters, maybe not lending themselves too readily as an acronym.
    I do remember searching for three letter combos myself in 1999* and Be buggered if I could find anything. If anybody is going to sell it on your behalf it's probably going to be SEDO. They are not my favorite agent but they do get the lions share of the big sales.

* Didn't quite get to the 17,000 plus searches required but certainly very close

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  5. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Member VIP

Post it here in appraisal section and a lot of speculation could be cleared up in a hurry.

Plus, there are a lot of buyer that lurk looking for a domain like that and you might (BIG might) get a reasonable offer thru PM. I for one would like to know what it is! :xf.smile:

Best of luck.

6. dande

dande UNNATURE.COM VIP

4.cn could have be a good place but they will put you through many troubles. Not recommended. They may simply go on 15days holiday after collecting money for the sale.

7. Hef

Hef New Member

Thanks.
    After my very limited research, I find 4.cn I though I list there, obviously, I need more research.
    Are they really that bad?

I'm not hiding my domain name, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to post in this topic. Board rules I quite complicated.

thanks for your and other replies

8. BaileyUK

BaileyUK Top Member VIP

That made me laugh ;) Yep I know that feeling well.

I think you'll find, that as the thread starter you can post pretty much anything you want, And in this instance it is relevant to the 'Thread title' Probably best not to encourage Valuations. Though you can do that in a separate 'Appraisal thread'

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  9. YairDD

YairDD Established Member

You can post the domain here.

I would advice you to just use DAN.com as a landing page for the domain and wait for offers. you will probably get a lot of offers without promoting it anywhere. you can also do outbound if these 3 letters are being used by other companies.

10. talking.domains

talking.domains DotKing.com VIP

Depends on how fast you need to sell but in the longer run my advice is
    DAN.com landing page + sedo make offer + afternic (DLS if possible)
    You must have offers that way
    Good luck

11. lock

lock Free.marketing VIP

Park wait and negotiate.

12. JagG

JagG Upgraded Member Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Can I have a look on what you have for sale? PM me, with prices if possible.

IMO - Dan.com | Sedo.com, sedo has had some amazing sales this year.

Or reach out to VIP Brokerage they just closed a LLL for $300,000 USD Ref: https://namebio.com/?s==UDNykTNzIjM

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  13. Hef

Hef New Member

Thanks for the links. Very interesting. PM send.

14. bballdude823

bballdude823 Account Auto-Closed

Try EPIk marketplace and post to sedo and afternic

15. getakash1

getakash1 Akash Jain

Post it as an auction on different platforms and sell it where you get a better price for that.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!