Dynadot

discuss What is New Ventures Services / NewCorp.com ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was going to backorder some expiring names recently at Namejet - one registered at Network Solutions and another at Register.com. I had a glitch with my laptop and missed the cutoff. The names never went pending delete but are now at New Ventures Services which a reverse Whois seems to show as having more than 300k domains. If you download their list, you see a lot of junk domains but I am sure in the list there are some good ones. The two I was interested in were not even in the download. I found an article ...

http://dotweekly.com/new-ventures-services-corp-who-are-they/

which suggests they may be a company affiliated with some registrars - presumably to warehouse domains. That would be a conflict of interest between the services of a registrar and the public but I am not familiar with the rules.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is a shady domain holding company tied to Network Solutions/Register.com.

They just cherry pick what expired domains they want to keep, and then take them without letting them go to auction or delete.

Brad

•••
I'm sure they have a way to see if you had an interest in the domain. So I you had it in a "watch list" but didn't buy it, then it goes to them and they take a second look at the domain or hold it for some time then put it back up for auction.

Keep an eye on it and see where it ends up. I have had the same thing happen on some domains that I was watching.

There are alot of weird things that go on behind the scenes that isn't talked about or even brought up. There is a conflict of interest for sure.

•••
Now available for purchase at Snapnames.....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back