IT.COM

advice What is most wanted by buyers? (freshly registered domains or expired ones?)

NameSilo
Watch

Francis AHLE

Established Member
Impact
I was asking myself some questions:

What kind is most wanted by buyers? Freshly registered domains or expired ones?

Also which industry is truly in demand?
Thanks a lot for your returrns.
Best,
Francis

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@francis,

Well in depends based on the type of buyers.

If the buyer is a domain investor / reseller / broker , he would prefer to grab the expired ones at cheaper price so that they can sell it with profits in future.

Whereas if the buyer is the actual end user , he might first prefer new domain for his business , if its not available then he would search for expired ones that is available , even then its not available , he would contact brokers or the actual domain's owner to buy it with an lucrative offer.

When it comes to Industry , almost every business whether they belong to IT or Drop Shipping or E-Commerce , they look for promising domains .

Finding the hot industry in terms related to domain is bit hypothetical.

Also its seasonal , for example when cryptocurrencies where booming & much hyphed , domains with crypto / digital currency had a huge crush , then it slowly faded away.

Hope it helps !!

•••
Okay, thanks @phptechie!! What about dating? Is it a good niche?

•••
Will you stick to same niche? Why not rate individual names by merit whether new or used makes no difference the buyer types in the name it is all second hand to them. If buyer wants new they will do what you do and look them up themselves

Last edited:
•••
Analyze reported sales week after week (or day after day). Then you can figure out the trends, what kinds of names are in demand.

•••
•••
Do not just stick on to single niche , as I told you a trend will not always be same.
It changes over a period of time , so when you find a domain under a niche , you have to quickly sell it when there is huge demand , else you may end up holding forever until you find the right buyer :)

•••
The niche that will work best is one that is both selling and in which you have knowledge and therefore a competitive advantage over other domainers.

•••
•••
I was asking myself some questions:

What kind is most wanted by buyers? Freshly registered domains or expired ones?

Also which industry is truly in demand?
Thanks a lot for your returrns.
Best,
Francis

Enduser want good .com and .ws name.

•••
Buyers want domain that is suitable for their business startups. It doesn't matter if it's hand registered or expired, every domain were hand registered at some point. Concern yourself with finding good domains irrespective of industry.

Last edited:
•••
Buyers want domain that is suitable for their business startups. It doesn't matter if it's hand registered or expired, every domain were hand registered at some point. Concern yourself with finding good domains irrespective of industry.
Thanks!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back