IT.COM

question What is more valuable "-" or number in domain name?

NameSilo
Watch

Amphibia07

Established Member
Impact
Suppose you are choosing between "rq-m" and "rqa1", which one would go with? Do you have any rule of thumb on valuing non standard letters?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't really like either, but there are a few exceptions. I'm starting to look at names with prefixes such as "hi-" I've noticed quite a few on tradesman's vans recently. As regards to numbers - it depends on the way a number links with the rest of the name. 2,4 and 8 can all form part of a work - my name G8S.com is one example. 2 can be part of a keyphrase. The advantage of using numbers is that it can turn an everyday phrase into a recognisable phrase that can be trademarked.

•••
None of them pass the radio test. But the hyphen is commonly used as a separator, while using digits is a poor trick that seldom adds value. Answer: none of the above.

•••
Don't go for any like this, but given the choice would prefer the hyphen.

•••
Have seen some aftermarket sales of domains with keywords followed by the number '1', in the class of 'poker1' and its like. Suffixes like 24, 365, 360, 365 may work to, with some single words.

Last edited:
•••
If there is any element of confusion ....... avoid
~
As mentioned ...... must pass the radio test

•••
The file required to shave the penny.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back