Dynadot

question What if you are a billionaire?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

62.com

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

What if you are a billionaire, how much are you going to buy domain names? And what domain names are you going to buy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As a billionaire, I'd buy back x.com. I'd smoke weed with Joe Rogan. I'd also host SNL and dabble in cryptocurrency.

Wow, are you the pre-owner of X.com?:xf.grin:(y)

•••
Im friends with a billionaire and domains are way down on the invetment list.

•••
I think the real value is web3.0 domains as for as 20x 100x profit but its gonna be a decade of development
imho

•••
Thinking out loud and w/o reading most previous posts. Its a gamble with a name for a big boomin company. good night

•••
If i have $1 Billion?

I will still use all to buy domains
Then selling it for higher price, hopefully will be sold to $2-10 Billion, in few years, just like another investment

After have $2-10 Billion, i will reinvest buy more domains again
And hopefully will be sold to $20-100 Billion, in few years

After have $20-100 Billion, i will reinvest buy more domains again
And hopefully will be sold to $200-500 Billion, in few years

After have $200-500 Billion, i will reinvest buy more domains again
And hopefully will be sold to $1 Trillion, in few years

•••
I think this is better:

If i am a Billionaire?

I will buy Verisign, and catch every good domains before Dropcatch.com did

•••
Is their time to buy and sell names inbetween looking at waterfalls.

•••
•••
I would do things in their proper order, first buy the EMD...

Screenshot at 2021-07-20 23:20:57.png

and only then launch myself into space...

Screenshot at 2021-07-20 23:09:09 bezos.png

•••
I remember Bates getting news coverage on Sealand, oh many years ago now. I'm pretty sure he didn't buy it, and instead claimed ownership of it via Adverse Possession; a little-known legal process (some might say "loop-hole"), that has enabled some people to acquire apparently abandoned land and property by claiming it as their own and living there, etc..

We call that squatting.

Adverse possession (AKA Squatter's rights).

In Australia, if a squatter lives uninterruptedly in a property for over 12 years (15 in South Australia and Victoria) and against the wishes of the owner, the ownership of the property can be claimed by the squatter. (source)

Last edited:
•••
•••
i think i wouldve chosen being older, that way you know two worlds instead of one. :)

Are there actually billionaires that came from poor families?

If so, it must be a pretty short freaking list. :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
Are there actually billionaires that came from poor families?

If so, it must be a pretty short freaking list. :xf.grin:

Depending what you mean by poor but if you look at the list of billionaires at least the top 20 (minus walton) is first generation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back