Dynadot

question What if you are a billionaire?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

62.com

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

What if you are a billionaire, how much are you going to buy domain names? And what domain names are you going to buy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many of the times I’ve been contacted and sold a domain to a high net worth individual or large corporation, contact has been made via some nondescript email.

This is the same way a billionaire might purchase real estate - through some unknown nominee or designee.

No one wants to overpay.

If you do your research sometimes you’re able to determine who might be at the other end by figuring who might be interested in a given name but - not always.

Otherwise - if you don’t know and can’t figure out who the buyer is, then the buyer’s identity is not going to be relevant to your calculated price.

Should you price a domain based on the buyer

Last edited:
•••
If I am a Billionaire I would not by any domains I would buy Godaddy then ban HD from auctions :xf.cool:
I would buy it and dissolve it, split up the company as they did to Standard Oil

•••
Follow the Charlie Sheen lifestyle, then realize it's shallow n doesn't lead to happiness, give up everything and become a Buddhist monk.
That's what will reasonably happen with me!

Wow, A Mi Tuo fu:-P

•••
If I am a Billionaire I would buy .ORG Registry :xf.grin:

•••
@DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Is pot.top a good name since pot.top can be read the same forwards or backwards including either side of transparent glass (but unfortunately not upsides down) so almost perfect for advertising the top pot? Do you think pot.top is the world's top pot domain name?
No comment (except this one).

•••
i would buy all the names have been posted at Namepros Chat section. They are all top quality hidden treasures.

•••
if i was a billionaire i would help others.... Especially the homelessness and the people who are sick and mentally i'll... There is no point taking pride in being rich while other people below you are suffering. Wealth,houses and jewellery are all materialistic thing don't bring happiness if you have a good heart be a good human being that is the rich i want.

•••
if i was a billionaire i would help others

It's a noble cause, but caution is required. Some of the wealthiest people always play poor (and many run charities claiming to help the poor but they are just businesses to prey on peoples' generosity to make themselves rich) while other who say nothing and appear fine can be doing it very tough. I've seen/experienced both of these. There are just too many frauds and narcissists who will try to take advantage of you.

I would not tell a single person about my wealth, nor would I offer one dollar more that I feel a domain is worth. But yeah I would probably buy a few domains, purely for hobby purposes. Maybe one/more for businesses that I had someone else managing for me.

•••
if i was a billionaire i would help others.... Especially the homelessness and the people who are sick and mentally i'll... There is no point taking pride in being rich while other people below you are suffering. Wealth,houses and jewellery are all materialistic thing don't bring happiness if you have a good heart be a good human being that is the rich i want.

You are the third people having this kind thinking on this topic discussion. (y)(y)(y)

•••
•••
•••
•••
If I am a Billionaire I would not by any domains I would buy Godaddy then ban HD from auctions :xf.cool:

Pardon my ignorance what these "HD" are ?

•••
•••
•••
I won't become a Domain registrar. B-)

•••
- Buy more wives and move to Las Vegas

If you don't renew those purchased wives each year by luxury gifts, jewelleries, they will drop and someone else will be waiting for drop catching :)

•••
I would own mainly rental properties for cashflow. Re-invest half and the other half to charities.

•••
First time I've googled "are there any countries for sale?" and according to Fox News there is one country for sale priced just below a billion $ 977 million https://www.foxnews.com/story/worlds-smallest-country-for-sale. If ever you wanted the label "person of interest" then buying a country 10 miles from joint British-American military base is a damn good way to start.

Last edited:
•••
First time I've googled "are there any countries for sale?" and according to Fox News there is one country for sale priced just below a billion $ 977 million https://www.foxnews.com/story/worlds-smallest-country-for-sale. If ever you wanted the label "person of interest" then buying a country 10 miles from joint British-American military base is a damn good way to start.

I remember Bates getting news coverage on Sealand, oh many years ago now. I'm pretty sure he didn't buy it, and instead claimed ownership of it via Adverse Possession; a little-known legal process (some might say "loop-hole"), that has enabled some people to acquire apparently abandoned land and property by claiming it as their own and living there, etc..

•••
•••
If ever you wanted the label "person of interest" then buying a country 10 miles from joint British-American military base is a damn good way to start.

I wonder if the British-American base is selling it, then they'll just move in with force and steal it right back from you? I can easily see that happening.

•••
What if you are a trillionaire?
I would enjoy my life and do nothing to earn more money. I think even my grandchildren will not be able to waste so much money.

•••
Hi, 62!
To answer just your title question: If I were a billionaire, I would not be reading this! :xf.cool:
And now to answer what you actually asked. I'd only invest in a few domains crucial to my business and not worry about domains much since I would have other things to cater to and also since most of the domains for sale would be well within my reach so I would not bother with them.

Lastly, I'd answer a hypothetical related question. What if I were to become one in the, err... not so distant future? Though chances of it are bleaker than a black hole swallowing the Earth. Especially considering the fact that I am not just spending time reading, but even posting here :xf.rolleyes:. In that scenario, I'd definitely buy a few domains that I deeply cherish. Maybe for fun and kicks I'd even pull off a robin-hood and buy domains (not steal) and hand them over to poor companies.

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed above are subject to market risks and may change once I actually become a billionaire.

•••
As a billionaire, I'd buy back x.com. I'd smoke weed with Joe Rogan. I'd also host SNL and dabble in cryptocurrency.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back