NameSilo

What I should call my domain marketplace?

Labeled as poll in General Domain Discussion started by NicTraders, Sep 11, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

?

What should I call my domain marketplace?

1. NicTraders.com

2. Name-Traders.com

3. Name-Dealer.com

4. Name-Dealers.com

5. Domain-Dealers.com

6. TheNameDealer.com

7. TheNameTraders.com

8. DomainDealery.com

9. NameNirvana.com

10. NameNerdz.com

11. Namrs.com (pronounce as ‘Namers.com’)

12. Eezli.com (pronounce as ‘Easily.com’)

13. Zoohp.com

14. Qasoo.com

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Total: 71 vote(s)
  1. NicTraders

NicTraders Upgraded Member Gold Account

Thanks for taking the time to comment @HotKey. I appreciate it. Yes, I did wonder if I may skew the results a bit by having NicTraders in there. Even if people don't remember seeing it, a name tends to get into the sub-conscious a little and therefore sounds 'right' just because it's partially familiar. It's interesting to see the results of the Poll anyway. Some are what I expected and others aren't.

Another name I have considered using (but failed to add to the poll) is DAHDomains.com. Boring, I know. But my domaining business is a division of a larger business which has a 3-word name whose initials are DAH. In that regard it makes total sense and shows the connection to the rest of the business. My main concern was that if someone tries to pronounce it as DahDomains it doesn't really make sense. DAHDomains works, though is longer. I would have preferred a pronounceable. Though I must admit it's not the major concern really since I don't expect too many people to try and pronounce it. If they click a link and go there that's just fine with me.

Thoughts anyone?...

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Aroon Bhattia

Aroon Bhattia Established Member

I was going to use DomBuzz.com for domain buzz obviously :)

3. handpicked

handpicked Established Member

Nirvana represents the 'Final Goal' 'Liberated' (Indian context - Nirvana is the ultimate aim of meditation) and 'Name' proceeding it tells the common brander that it's related to naming business... hence I vote 'Name Nirvana'

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  4. xdomainer

xdomainer Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

My advice is to avoid the following words in your business name:
    Trader / traders
    Domain / domains
    Dealer / dealers
    Nerd / nerds

When I was looking for names I came across "DataPartners" but it was in .net though. I still regged it - good name but I use something else for my marketplace. PM me for that as I'm still developing the site.

"Dynaname" was dropping recently. Something like this is good. A user here by the name of bmugford has a marketplace "DataCube" in king.

Words like this are better:
    Partner / partners
    Data
    Cube / box
    Studio / studios
    Media
    Network

etc..

5. BrandFactory

BrandFactory New Member

I suggest this small list from my app :

GemsDomaines.com
    FortDomains.com
    TideDomains.com
    FunkyDomains.com
    BrassDomains.com
    PurseDomains.com
    ViceDomains.com

i hope you find your brand name and make something big from ^^

6. forge

forge hoop dee do VIP

Okay, but why?

When I hear "dealer", I think of car dealers or drug dealers, so I'm tending to agree with you...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 2:28 AM
  7. NicTraders

Like @forge I'm interested to know why too. I know the word 'nerd' can tend to have negative connotations, and per forge's comment some could read 'dealer' negatively (though when coupled with the word Domain I think this is much less of a risk). But I don't really see why one would choose to avoid the other words?... On the other hand when I hear DataPartners, though it's a pretty good name, I think of lots of other things (big data, DB development, maybe even a web-host or data centre) but not domains...

8. xdomainer

xdomainer Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

For the general public I thinking domaining is stilled looked at negatively and my bias to be a little low-key (ignore my username it was created long ago). It's easy to quickly make it known that you are selling domain names so there is no issue with "I wonder what this person's business is" once they see the homepage or if you just say "here's a domain name for sale".

You can branch out into sales of other products if the marketplace domain is more overarching. I think trader/domains/dealer is too limiting.

If you plan on doing outbound sales I think it can increase your emails being sent to spam folder the more words associated with selling and "hawking goods" that are in the email. For email spam filters "domain / domains / trader / dealer etc.." are high on the list of filter words. An email coming from something like "DataPartners", "MediaNetwork", etc.. probably can skirt by spam filters and carries more professionalism then "[fill in the blank[Domains" or "TheNameDealer".

The domain "industry" is filled with cookie cutter marketplaces using words like trader/domains/dealer so not using those words can differentiate you from the pack.

BUT I think "name / names" as a substitute for "domain / domains" is fine though. I use "name" it in mine but I also came up with a domain that is read as one word rather than two.

It's really about branding that involves future-proofing and a professional bias. Are there exceptions - sure. Not rules written in stone but some things to consider if coming up with a marketplace brand.

9. eternaldomains

eternaldomains Established Member

I chose NameNirvana - simple, 2 word, real spelling, no dash, good meaning, less than 6 syllables

10. NicTraders

Valid reasoning. Thanks.

11. GoWebnames.com

GoWebnames.com Truth alone triumphs VIP

IMO, all options are rather poor choices. Something more relevant like TopDomains, SuperbNames, DomShop, DnShop, DnStore, DnConsult etc. would be far better, even if available with a hyphen. Essentially the keyword should be natural so it get your natural search traffic. You may also try other extensions such as .net/.org/.co etc.

12. manpreet

manpreet Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Not very great names, I think you can research more to find some better ones. Still, from this list I like - NicTraders.com and NameNirvana.com

13. iGreen

iGreen Established Member

NobelNames.com

14. Abby jace

Abby jace Established Member

• Godaddy Auction.
    • Flippa Marketplace.
    • Sedo Marketplace.
    • NamePros Forum.
    • NameCheap Marketplace.
    • Efty Website.
    • eBay Marketplace.
    • BrandBucket Website.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice