IT.COM

What happens to my domain if the tld gets removed? (.icu)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey guys,

Just wondering what would happen to my domain if the domain name extension gets removed, for whatever reason?

I am wanting to register a .icu domain, but if .icu fails and gets removed what would happen to my domain? Will everyone with the .icu extension loose their domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if the extension dies, then how would you reach the name in front of it?

:)

imo….

•••
checkout

Home - .icu - I See You

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
umm did you click on the link?

•••
•••
ask them, I think they own & run the extension!

•••
•••
Thank you. :)

"... in the event of termination by either party and after consultation with Registry Operator, ICANN shall determine ("Preliminary Determination") whether or not to transition operation of the Registry to a successor registry operator in its sole discretion and in conformance with the"

•••
I am wanting to register a .icu domain
WHY in the 'F' would you want to register a .icu?!?!? That extension is simply a full out spamming extension. And that is the way anyone whose been deluged with the relentless daily spam emails that come from it will feel too. I doubt there's 10 sites built on this POS extension. Save your money and buy a domain with an extension that is not so spam associated!!

•••
WHY in the 'F' would you want to register a .icu?!?!? That extension is simply a full out spamming extension

Maybe for spamming :xf.grin:

•••
While I don't understand why a few people apparently get lots of .icu spam, I get way more from .com, .biz and a few country codes and have only ever got a single spam message from .icu. But really it is more relevant to look at what an organization that protects billions of mailboxes and have about two dozen full time professionals dealing with controlling spam say.

Here are today's numbers Spamhaus score (lower is better)
  • biz 3.92
  • .com 0.72
  • .icu 1.27
  • .us 2.87
So yes, somewhat worse than .com, but by no means terrible. I'm not making a case for or against any TLD, but simply saying that when objective data based on a huge dataset is available we should consult that.

Bob

•••
What do you have, ‘one’ email Bob? Try running multiple biz’s which need more than one. And no matter how many times you block them, the .icu spammers either change one letter, or go reg a few hundred more$1.99 spamming icu POS’s.
Word of mouth is more reliant than skewered data points!

•••
I think the gtld is here to stay. Due to renewals and the rack up of new regs anyway. If someone drops it, there is someone else that will think its the one to have anyway. I have one .icu domain just in case. lol. .

•••
WHY in the 'F' would you want to register a .icu?!?!? That extension is simply a full out spamming extension. And that is the way anyone whose been deluged with the relentless daily spam emails that come from it will feel too. I doubt there's 10 sites built on this POS extension. Save your money and buy a domain with an extension that is not so spam associated!!

OP joined Dec 16, 2005; I don't think that an Old member reg a new gTLD like .icu, his question wasn't a real one ;) but I think it is a message that he want to send to new NP members :-P I am sure he knows the answer of his own question!

Last edited:
•••
OP joined Dec 16, 2005; I don't think that an Old member reg a new gTLD like .icu, his question wasn't a real one ;) but I think it is a message that he want to send to new NP members :-P I am sure he knows the answer of his own question!
ok.

•••
A good question , thanks . I would like to know too

Say i have wakguano.icu and .icu fails

Do i have enough time to redirect my site to wakguano.somethingelse?

•••
Back