Dynadot

What happened to Pheenix ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

hlkvrl

Restricted (Market)
Impact
The last time the results fail. Backorder did but I get the domain manually.

Is having problems?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What will you be using then?
Even i m trying to find an alternative.

I will try and do it on my own. Atleast my software is much better than Pheenix these days ;)

•••
I will try and do it on my own. Atleast my software is much better than Pheenix these days ;)
Oh!!
Is it NameCatch.in ?
Or its your own software ?
I would like to know more details on this if you care to share. I can develop it for myself as well or use your service.

•••
Oh!!
Is it NameCatch.in ?
Or its your own software ?
I would like to know more details on this if you care to share. I can develop it for myself as well or use your service.

We do not offer .com dropcatch at NameCatch, however I do use my own software at times for .com's as well :)

•••
•••
But I take @Violets point they are still more expensive than regfee :(
Yes.
Its sad though Pheenix not catching name as it used to. DropCatch is eating much of Pheenix clients.

I got couple of domains through DropCatch. but its expensive $59

•••
But what would have happened if you hadn't backordered at DropCatch also?

•••
But what would have happened if you hadn't backordered at DropCatch also?
Somebody else would have got the domain for sure.
I tried all the combo's
Backorder on DropCatch and Pheenix. DropCatch caught It.
Backorder only on Pheenix. DropCatch caught it.
Backorder at DropCatch. DropCatch caught it and pushed in Auction.
There was only one instance where pheenix got the domain. I think the domain was too bad for DropCatch or for anybody else.

•••
But it seems you were the only bidder, correct? Otherwise you would have been in an action for it. So without your bid, I very much doubt DropCatch would have given a second thought to your domain. Leaving Pheenix the winner.

•••
But it seems you were the only bidder, correct? Otherwise you would have been in an action for it. So without your bid, I very much doubt DropCatch would have given a second thought to your domain. Leaving Pheenix the winner.
50% of the time yes i was the only bidder. Most of the time auction happened in Pheenix. So i prefered DropCatch. but its a huge burn on pocket so i will let off DropCatch and pheenix too.

•••
•••
•••
Forgive my ignorance. Who is IDK?

•••
The phenomenon of DropCatch catching over 50% of wanted dropping domains is not a surprise since they have more than 50% of the servers hitting registry at drop time.

•••
The phenomenon of DropCatch catching over 50% of wanted dropping domains is not a surprise since they have more than 50% of the servers hitting registry at drop time.

IDK = I Don't Know

•••
@discoball - How can @yogiDomain drop DropCatch and Pheenix without knowing what he is replacing them with. That doesn't make any sense at all unless he saying he is not backordering domains anymore.

•••
I never had luck with Pheenix.

•••
unless andrew grabs it for himself. that's the thing about dropcatch.

•••
unless andrew grabs it for himself. that's the thing about dropcatch.

That's always a possibility. To counter that possibility, and it's only a possibility, you should ALWAYS enter a DropCatch bid. That way, if Andrew is to be believed, he wont let DropCatch/HugeDomains compete against you. But because DropCatch is so successful, you are faced with paying $59 if you are the only bidder, and considerably more if there are multiple bidders.

•••
That's always a possibility. To counter that possibility, and it's only a possibility, you should ALWAYS enter a DropCatch bid. That way, if Andrew is to be believed, he wont let DropCatch/HugeDomains compete against you. But because DropCatch is so successful, you are faced with paying $59 if you are the only bidder, and considerably more if there are multiple bidders.
i try to avoid using dropcatch whenever possible. if a domain goes to auction, its a lost cause as the bids always go above what the domain is worth. its fine if you're the only bidder but if you're not, i'd rather the domain go to snapnames or somewhere else. i wish pheenix would get back on track.

•••
Pheenix is doing well this days.
Sometimes their success rate is good.
Today Pheenix caught a nice LLLL.com.
They managed to beat Namejet.com(it had dozens of backorders there), dropcatch.com and Snapnames.com.
All the major drop catchers were beaten.
Probably it will go to an auction soon(hopefully not).

It is true that Pheenix is less successful than the major drop catchers but it catches very nice domains once in a while.

Last edited:
•••
Pheenix is doing well this days.
Sometimes their success rate is good.
Today Pheenix caught a nice LLLL.com.
They managed to beat Namejet.com(it had dozens of backorders there), dropcatch.com and Snapnames.com.
All the major drop catchers were beaten.
Probably it will go to an auction soon(hopefully not).

It is true that Pheenix is less successful than the major drop catchers but it catches very nice domains once in a while.

You're likely talking hubx dot com which is auction at Pheenix, correct. Ya they grabbed that today.

As I test I backordered 8 domains that I knew would get caught somewhere. Some LLLL.com, NNNNN.com, 8gv.com etc. Out of the eight I backordered Dropcatch grabbed 6 of them.

•••
You're likely talking hubx dot com which is auction at Pheenix, correct. Ya they grabbed that today.

As I test I backordered 8 domains that I knew would get caught somewhere. Some LLLL.com, NNNNN.com, 8gv.com etc. Out of the eight I backordered Dropcatch grabbed 6 of them.

Yes, I was speaking about hubx.com which will most likely end up as $x,xxx-$xx,xxx auction.
There is already some activity in the auction.

6 out of 8 domains is: 75/100=3/4 success rate for Dropcatch.com
This is not surprising, they are almost unbeatable.
They are damaging all other major drop catchers and revolutionize the backorder module.
As some other members implied, I'm afraid Namejet and Snapnames will change their private auctions to public soon in order to better compete with dropcatch.com.

•••
It would certainly be amusing to watch the industry cope with 3 (instead of 1) of the major catching services operating on a public auction model; from what I've seen, there are people on here who may need a doctor to help deal with the outrage-induced-stroke that'll bring on.

As for their success rate, based on what I've been watching it's more like 2/3 over the last couple of weeks, but if they position themselves right by competing in the low-price market, they could still stand to do some serious damage to some of the other services (Pheenix, etc).

•••
It would certainly be amusing to watch the industry cope with 3 (instead of 1) of the major catching services operating on a public auction model; from what I've seen, there are people on here who may need a doctor to help deal with the outrage-induced-stroke that'll bring on.

As for their success rate, based on what I've been watching it's more like 2/3 over the last couple of weeks, but if they position themselves right by competing in the low-price market, they could still stand to do some serious damage to some of the other services (Pheenix, etc).

One scenario:
3 Major drop catchers who use public auction will be disastrous to Domain Name Speculation.
It will attract the end users and the serious buyers who will have the deepest pockets.
If that will occur, many domainers might stop to backorder domains.
After many will stop backorder domains, the drop catchers will realize that domainers had a large market share, this might end the phase of public auctions.

Note: The only way to stop this scenario to become a reality, it is essential to stop using dropcatch.com(in the hopes they will either stop operate or change their module to private auctions).
The main problem: You will continue to loss many valuable domains until enough people will stop using their service.

•••
A few weeks back I read ICANN is going to bring a conference to abolish dropcatching.. hope they do......level the playing field...Can you imagine a world of domaining where there is a fair shake for everyone at the same price? Wouldn't that be great!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back