IT.COM

What ever happend to Yun Ye?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
Im sure Im not the only person who wonders what ever happend to Yun Ye after he sold out to Marchex.

"SEATTLE, WA - November 23, 2004 - Marchex, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCHX), a provider of technology-based merchant services that facilitate and drive growth in online transactions, today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire certain assets of Name Development Ltd., a corporation operating in the direct navigation market, for $164.2 million, including $155.2 million in cash and $9 million in stock...

Yun Ye/UltSearch (Ultimate Search) is the well know pioneer who receives a multi-million dollar yearly income from Pay Per Clicks of the previously expired domains he registers."

So does anyone on here know him?

Do you think he still is buying domains, under a different name?

Does he ever appear at Traffic or other shows?

Im just curious, he is a domainer legend and we never here much about him, I would love to see an interview on how Domains have changed his life and what he thinks the market is like and where it is going.

Regards,

Rob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Floating around somewhere off Monaco on his Gigayacht drinking pina coladas I'd imagine :wave:... I bet he still watches the drops though ;)

•••
Who knows! I think he still in the DN game heavy, we just don't know it.

•••
At that point, you have "game over" money.
You do whatever you want.
Some people cannot resist the lure and excitement of business, others make their big score and bow out.

Last edited:
•••
Living happily ever after.%%-

•••
Who knows! I think he still in the DN game heavy, we just don't know it.

Thats what I think too but we probally wont ever know!

•••
Thats what I think too but we probally wont ever know!

He probably have a couple of generic domain name under a different name.

•••
probably doing some charity work around the world. ;)

•••
He must be retired and as secretive as he was while in business :)

•••
Im sure Im not the only person who wonders what ever happend to Yun Ye after he sold out to Marchex.

"SEATTLE, WA - November 23, 2004 - Marchex, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCHX), a provider of technology-based merchant services that facilitate and drive growth in online transactions, today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire certain assets of Name Development Ltd., a corporation operating in the direct navigation market, for $164.2 million, including $155.2 million in cash and $9 million in stock...

Yun Ye/UltSearch (Ultimate Search) is the well know pioneer who receives a multi-million dollar yearly income from Pay Per Clicks of the previously expired domains he registers."

So does anyone on here know him?

Do you think he still is buying domains, under a different name?

Does he ever appear at Traffic or other shows?

Im just curious, he is a domainer legend and we never here much about him, I would love to see an interview on how Domains have changed his life and what he thinks the market is like and where it is going.

Regards,

Rob

robfer ... I'll bet his story would make an interesting movie ... for us domainers anyways :)

•••
I think he goes by the name "halverez" now and sticks strictly to SnapNames... ;)

•••
•••
I think he goes by the name "halverez" now and sticks strictly to SnapNames... ;)

:hehe:
So do you think SnapNames will pay him or not? :wave:

•••
last I heard, he went back to China. Pretty sure he sits on the board on some big VCs over there

•••
Legends work silently always in any business and one day they make big news.i strongly believe that he is working on domain names still using another name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back