Dynadot

What Domains did you submit for NamesCon Auction 2017 (ROTD)?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tutoring.tv
RentingCondos.com

•••
A mate of mine submitted a domain that was a premium domain nGTLD ($xxxx) from the registrar. They accepted his domain for pre-bidding BUT they wanted to him to list it with no reserve.

Kinda seems a bit unfair to me, I mean they take zero risk but stand to profit from the sale. Wheres as the seller stands to lose out considerably if he paid a premium fee for the domain and has to list it with no reserve.

Last edited:
•••
Domain Name Wire sent out a podcast interview of the guy holding the auction, anybody interested might want to listen to it- it's on the front page #117. Explains a lot. I get it.
http://domainnamewire.com/category/podcasts/

They accepted his domain for pre-bidding BUT they wanted to him to list it with no reserve.
Unfair, it's just b.s. If it were me, I would refuse. Auctions no matter where they are, imho always have inside deals, unfairness, shills, cronies, all that- nothing is ever 100% clean no matter how hard any auction house or organization tries to police it or make claims they can- far from the truth. You should have seen the millions of excess US Gov surplus property and all the bidders colluding amongst themselves, it was a huge joke. example a group of say 5 major players will all pre-plan over coffee in the morning... "Ok Joe, You buy this, I or we won't bid. Pete, you buy that one, we all won't bid. Then Joe you agree not to bid against me and I let you buy that... ". It all happens, always. Just like the stock market, it's all a game.

•••
Domain Name Wire sent out a podcast interview of the guy holding the auction, anybody interested might want to listen to it- it's on the front page #117. Explains a lot. I get it.
http://domainnamewire.com/category/podcasts/

Unfair, it's just b.s. If it were me, I would refuse. Auctions no matter where they are, imho always have inside deals, unfairness, shills, cronies, all that- nothing is ever 100% clean no matter how hard any auction house or organization tries to police it or make claims they can- far from the truth. You should have seen the millions of excess US Gov surplus property and all the bidders colluding amongst themselves, it was a huge joke. example a group of say 5 major players will all pre-plan over coffee in the morning... "Ok Joe, You buy this, I or we won't bid. Pete, you buy that one, we all won't bid. Then Joe you agree not to bid against me and I let you buy that... ". It all happens, always. Just like the stock market, it's all a game.

Absolutely dude..... I told him as well to tell them to take a hike and refuse their offer. He told them to take a hike...lol.

Yep, there is no way for them to prevent people forming little cartels and shilling or working together to help each other. Whenever there is money involved you can guarantee there will be people/groups trying to manipulate the system to get an unfair advantage. It's always happened and will continue to happen :)

•••
A mate of mine submitted a domain that was a premium domain nGTLD ($xxxx) from the registrar. They accepted his domain for pre-bidding BUT they wanted to him to list it with no reserve.

Kinda seems a bit unfair to me, I mean they take zero risk but stand to profit from the sale. Wheres as the seller stands to lose out considerably if he paid a premium fee for the domain and has to list it with no reserve.

Exactly ZERO risk for them and a 6 month free ride on your domain if anyone inquires after the auction.
One registry went the no reserve route last year. This year they are putting reserves on. Too much risk in this auction @ no reserve.
I hope Godaddy is following this thread. Maybe they will change it up next year.
No doubt the marketing will be very different.
Happy Hunting

•••
30% commission & no reserve.... :)

•••
just to share some info on response times; i originally submitted my domain on 22 Dec and have been waiting since. I reluctantly sent the submission again on 07 Jan and then received a response to this submission on 09 Jan.

the domain submitted was call.world which i was hoping to get $2-3K for, but it was not accepted.

anyway, to those still waiting 3 weeks on, i suggest you resubmit as it seems they may not receiving all the submission forms at their end and you may this time get a response in a few days.

•••
Submitted several today....pretty late to the game...but hopefully they will have enough time to review my submissions.

VirtualSportsEntertainment dot king
3dVirtualReality dot queen
3dPokergame dot queen
3dPokerGames dot queen

And a bunch of 4C .coms and nets

Last edited:
•••
BrakeFailure.com
Citations.org

•••
•••
•••
Can anyone get the live auction? I have 3 in the auction and was hoping to watch.

Unfortunately I can not get on the Live feed on my cell.

•••
I received an unsolicited email today stating the names that did not sell are still on auction. I imagine everyone else who submitted might have also.

•••
No when you see they sold a lot of different kind

Results ( Source ) here

Domain

Price
lawn.com $240,000
tuscany.com $157,500
penis.com $110,000
erotica.com $80,000
88.xyz $70,000
web.hosting $52,500
ius.com $40,000
bef.com $38,000
consignment.com $34,000
eqz.com $33,000
nachos.com $33,000
opx.com $32,500
egf.com $30,200
southamerica.com $30,000
katie.com $30,000
oah.com $26,000
qgi.com $25,000
healthyfood.com $20,000
stock.photo $16,000
8.link $14,500
spew.com $14,000
housewives.com $13,000
hd.tv $12,000
night.club $12,000
jet.ski $12,000
buy.cars $11,000
98.tv $10,000
strip.club $10,000
pot.club $10,000
wrappers.com $10,000
smart.watch $9,500

more

http://onlinedomain.com/2016/01/13/...al-namescon-2016-domain-name-auction-results/
Looks like the 2018 list not 2017 list of sales.

•••
actually some of those names sold, just a few kicks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back