Dynadot

poll What does your portfolio hold?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What does your portfolio hold?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Premium domains

votes
    41.7%
  • ccTLDs

votes
    33.3%
  • Exact Match Domains

votes
    45.8%
  • Geo-domains

votes
    35.4%
  • Brandables

votes
    58.3%
  • Others

votes
    39.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It looks like there are quite a few .co.uk holders here, but I hardly ever hear .co.uk talked about on Np.

•••
•••
It looks like there are quite a few .co.uk holders here, but I hardly ever hear .co.uk talked about on Np.

The UK market remains in a bit of a flux at the moment. The introduction of the shorter .UK extension has been around awhile but it is in the next couple of months that all the free .UK 'assigned' registrations (assigned to the .CO.UK holders) comes to an end, and renewals will be required.

A visit to a resellers site like domainlore dot UK will show all the quality available sometimes for quite small amounts £50 (under $65) Sure one or two domains sell for high prices but it's nearly all 50 quid stuff, and dare I say most would go for 20x plus in a com.

Last edited:
•••
I have them for projects I build. Much better to sell with .com, .de and .co.uk
I don't care about .eu because I don't think people really like it.

•••
The UK market remains in a bit of a flux at the moment. The introduction of the shorter .UK extension has been around awhile but it is in the next couple of months that all the free .UK 'assigned' registrations (assigned to the .CO.UK holders) comes to an end, and renewals will be required.

A visit to a resellers site like domainlore dot UK will show all the quality available sometimes for quite small amounts £50 (under $65) Sure one or two domains sell for high prices but it's nearly all 50 quid stuff, and dare I say most would go for 20x plus in a com.
Free? I believe I have been paying for mine.

•••
They were freely assigned IF you held the corresponding co.uk prior to 2016/17. I'm not sure of the exact date.(two year grace registrations)

Nominet.uk have all the exact date info. I do keep a beady-eye on the UK market and it really looks as if many large CO.UK owners are liquidising a large part of their holdings, hence some bargains for developers but not so much resellers.

If you take a look at domainlore.uk you can get a feel for the uk resellers market (I'm Not associated with the site in anyway)

I am going to mention 'acorndomains' because it's not in competition with Namepros. but again some bargains to be had. If you wanted to develop in the UK space. I personally wouldn't be looking to capitalize on the UK resellers market for generics etc, until we get the picture at the end-of 2019.

Yes big UK portfolio holders will tell you everything is Just 'Dandy' but it isn't

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back