IT.COM

opinion What does it mean a premium domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Malin94

Established Member
Impact
So namecheap is telling me that my domain is a premium one. What does that mean in terms of selling it? Does it make more valuable?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Afternic just e-mailed me, after 60 days (lock period) they will list my domain on their premium market, great news 🤘

•••
Sadly some people see a 4 word, triple hyphenated, alphanumeric, misspellt .biz sell for 5 figs and reg something similar, proudly calling it 'premium'.
Again, the challenge here is if they are iterating what they are being told by a registrar. It's unfortunate for those questionable domains. If the registrar gives it that label, can you blame any buyer turned now seller for trying to use the term to help sell their dubious purchase?

That's not to say that this person's domain is not premium. This discussion has been more about the general use of the term.

For the original poster here, congrats on the acceptance to the "premium network." Is this something separate from Afternic that they have developed? Did you have to pay an extra fee for this premium sales service?

Last edited:
•••
Back