Dynadot

question What does I.D.N. mean?

NameSilo
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
There are some domain names listed for sale at Sedo with the letters I.D.N. in a green box. What does I.D.N. mean?

nierenfunktionsstörung.de

mangoldgemüse.de

wochenübersicht.de

fussballausrüstungen.de

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fake domains?

This is going to be a fun thread.

•••
There are some domain names listed for sale at Sedo with the letters I.D.N. in a green box. What does I.D.N. mean?

mangoldgemüse.de

wochenübersicht.de

fussballausrüstungen.de

internationalized domain name

•••
IDN = internationalized domain name

Simply put, these names are actually a string of characters typed that display as letters.

Google it.

You might see hat.com (idn). What you'd be buying is really dfderc658hh-&.com. something like that. :)

Last edited:
•••
characters like

mangoldgemüse.de

wochenübersicht.de

fussballausrüstungen.de

•••
Should I steer clear of these domains?

•••
•••
i err on side of the Public’s too non-tech dumb.

There are anomalies, to be sure, but i wouldnt spend too much on them... Personally.

Last edited:
•••
Good German IDN .de are big sellers and length is not an issue just quality, about the only extension that is. So if you know what you are doing can be viable.

•••
Steer clear of them. I own a handful of IDN (speculative) ...they are not a prudent investment, requiring specific buyers (usually sentimental, and a bit of fun - I like fun)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back