Dynadot

What does $1,000 mean to you?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What does $1,000 mean to you

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • It's Tip money, nothing to me at all

votes
    7.1%
  • If I profit $1,000 changes little and I could afford to lose it

votes
    36.7%
  • $1,000 is more than I make a month at my job

votes
    12.8%
  • $1,000 is a good deal of money to me

votes
    38.8%
  • $1,000 profit would change my life greatly, I could never risk that much in purchases

votes
    4.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Namepros is a pretty diverse place, members from every continent except for Antarctica. Discussions take place about money where many see their opinion as fact. Examples:

That's not a lot of money

I don't get out of bed for less than $5,000

Anyone can afford to blow 100 .com regs in a year

People pronounce their desire to never sell to a domainer, or buy from one. People talk about how they don't flip names for a couple hundred dollars. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and free to do what they like.

But what does $1,000 tied up in domain names mean to you? Can you afford to lose it? Can you renew said $1,000 for 1 year, 5 years, 10 years? What about profiting $1,000 in a year?

Vote in the poll.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What does $1000 mean for me? It means $800 after 20% commission through afternic.

•••
The question and answer made it clear —-is it life changing amount—-and no American would say $1K would change their lives.

Maybe not for the middle class but it is a lot of $ for a lot Americans. Maybe life changing is a bit of an exaggeration but it can make a huge difference to a lot of people.

I'm lucky enough to be able to 'waste' money at times. It hardly ever happens though as every single € I waste could be put to good use instead, helping less fortunate people.

I'm lucky enough to live in a rich country, got educated, great parents who taught me it's good to work hard every day and give thanks for the prosperity we receive. The reason why 1K, or 1$ for that matter, matters to me is because I know there are people who come short on that $1 every single week trying to pay their bills. Even in Western Europe.

•••
$1000 is alot to me, because I can use that little to start a business or invest and multiply it.
One person see only $1000, i see $1000,000. Hope you get the gist.

I'm learning to value money more. It's a great tool if used right.

•••
Several other countries conducted similar cash-transfer experiments, including Finland and Canada. Tech incubator Y Combinator conducted a feasibility study in Oakland that gave a few dozen residents between $1,500 and $2,000 beginning in 2016, and will soon conduct an expanded trial involving 1,000 people across two U.S. states.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back