Dynadot

What do you think is the best domain name? - mohamed-yehia.com

NameSilo
Watch

mohamed yehia

Impact
I am launching my portfolio website could you help me choose the best domain name?

my name is: Mohamed Yehia

I want to choose from these options:

mohamed-yehia.com
mohamedyehia.net
myehia.net

Which is best?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am launching my portfolio website could you help me choose the best domain name?

my name is: Mohamed Yehia

I want to choose from these options:

mohamed-yehia.com
mohamedyehia.net
myehia.net

Which is best?
If you choose to use your name for the portfolio website, of those three options the .com strikes me as the most appealing. The .com in general seems much more popular nowadays. Some may say the hyphen may make it less appealing, but compared to having a .net, might be OK.
Keep in mind that MyMohamedYehia.com is still available, and might be an interesting alternative. MohamedYehia.com does not appear to resolve to a website at this point, so that may be all the more interesting as an option.
Do keep in mind, though, that many folks may have a difficult time remembering the spelling. Have you considered other names?

•••
is myehia .com avail.?

or moyehia .com

•••
is myehia .com avail.?

or moyehia .com
Like the first choice. Nice idea.
Looks like at least one of them was registered several days ago.
Hopefully, we'll hear what the final choice was.

Last edited:
•••
Personally, I'd go with Yehias.com.

•••
IMO,

Don't use your personal name for your website, since your name is not known similarly to any other name you may use to build your own brand, then I advise you to use a catchy, short, memorable, and most important to avoid the mis-spelling possibility, myself will wonder if I heard your site name how it's written, whether Mohamed/muhamed/mohammed/mohamad/ and the same thing with Yahia/yahya/yehia.

Also, it's very easy for anybody else to change any letter in the name and acquire a similar domain name.

Another reason is if you thought of selling it one day, just think if its personal name would be better or if it's a catchy name is better.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back