IT.COM

discuss What do you think are the top 3 ccTLD's to invest in at the moment.

NameSilo
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

So I was wondering....

As some of you already know, I am a big fan of ccTLD. Especially ccTLD's in emerging markets.

What do you guys think are the top 3 ccTLD's to invest in currently?

My Picks are:
.co.za (obvioulsy ;))
.in
.ng

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Guess .de has some special cause.

It not only serves a big country with it's ccTLD.

.de also serves a much bigger geographic area of German speaking people (that is Germany, Austria, Swiss, Liechtenstein)

Last edited:
•••
•••

.de also serves a much bigger geographic area of German speakers (that is Germany, Austria, Swiss, Liechtenstein)

in Germany we speak German but we also love Denglish ( mix of Deutsch and English )

btw

English is a west germanic language

Germany is Deutschland

•••
•••
•••
My humble opinion.
I am new to domaining, I have only spent 2 months doing market research.
However, it seems to me that CCTLD's will increase in value.
Why? Because in the UK, .co.uk is more recognised and popular than .COM
More companies use .co.uk to promote their services or goods than .COM

I own TheLondonTutors.com and TheLondonTutors.co.uk, however, I use the .co.uk extension to market my company, because it will be easier to be seen.

If this is true to the UK, it is true to .DE, IN, .RU

Then the questions is, which countries have the most amount of wealth or people with high disposable incomes.

India, Russia and China.

Within a decade, DOT COM will begin to lose it percentage dominance and the CCTLD's will increase their dominance, more than the GTLD, For English speaking people, the most profitable CCTLD is Indian domains.

Indians have the money and their Internet user base is growing rapidly.

.IN is going to be the most popular CCTLD.

•••
My humble opinion.
I am new to domaining, I have only spent 2 months doing market research.
However, it seems to me that CCTLD's will increase in value.
Why? Because in the UK, .co.uk is more recognised and popular than .COM
More companies use .co.uk to promote their services or goods than .COM

I own TheLondonTutors.com and TheLondonTutors.co.uk, however, I use the .co.uk extension to market my company, because it will be easier to be seen.

If this is true to the UK, it is true to .DE, IN, .RU

Then the questions is, which countries have the most amount of wealth or people with high disposable incomes.

India, Russia and China.

Within a decade, DOT COM will begin to lose it percentage dominance and the CCTLD's will increase their dominance, more than the GTLD, For English speaking people, the most profitable CCTLD is Indian domains.

Indians have the money and their Internet user base is growing rapidly.

.IN is going to be the most popular CCTLD.

Best sales are in germany❗
.de

•••
Yes, right now it is Germany.
But, when a Billion Indians get on the net, it will be India.

Those 3 to 4 letter .IN domains will cost a fortune in 5 to 10 years

•••
@TheLondonTraders
Don't want to argue with you about your opinion.

Still, to me this sounds a little bit short thinking, and not taking into account the whole picture (not saying that I got such picture :) ).

India growth = yes
Money = no (yet)

To me it seems like stock markets..

buy low sell high = more risk higher possible reward

buy established uptrend = higher entry price -> lower risk by above average returns

Pick your poison

ccTLD undoubtedly have their own cause, but not really comparable to com, net etc..

My most research -for a reason- went into .at
But can't see very much growth above actual % rates -> .de dominating and probably ever will.

I heard that even LLL.in sellers having though times cause very low money spent by end-user.

Last edited:
•••
Aren't you guys missing the point. The Internet is international - .com is international, so anything less is restricting your market. Once you move away from .com, then everything is dependent on the name itself.

•••
fully agreed.

But that doesn't mean everything non-com must be abandoned. For many the com train is not reachable and/or feasible (for domainer & end-user)

Restrictions often create trust
(local business, shipping costs, etc)

•••
After reading and doing more research.

It seems Indians are not ready to spend a lot of money on LLL.in domains.

It may take many years before they do.

Right now, and for a long time

DOT.COM is King

•••
@TheLondonTraders
Don't want to argue with you about your opinion.

Still, to me this sounds a little bit short thinking, and not taking into account the whole picture (not saying that I got such picture :) ).

India growth = yes
Money = no (yet)

To me it seems like stock markets..

buy low sell high = more risk higher possible reward

buy established uptrend = higher entry price -> lower risk by above average returns

Pick your poison

ccTLD undoubtedly have their own cause, but not really comparable to com, net etc..

My most research -for a reason- went into .at
But can't see very much growth above actual % rates -> .de dominating and probably ever will.

I heard that even LLL.in sellers having though times cause very low money spent by end-user.

I finally agree, after doing my research

•••

.de also serves a much bigger geographic area of German speaking people (that is Germany, Austria, Swiss, Liechtenstein)[/

Yep thats I mentioned in an earlier post that I've changed my initial top 3 :)

It's now:

Co.Za , .DE , IN

•••

DOT.COM is King
.IN is available for public use in 2005 until that time around 4000+ names were registered , highly regulated and controlled registrations are allowed until 2005... by that time .co.uk and .de kind of extensions are having few million names each ... also Indians in general are new to internet, Approximately 300+ million internet users are added only in last 4 to 5 years.. also internet infrastructure improvements are happening now.. its the perfect time to focus on lll.in name with the view to cash them in 3 to 5 year plan for profits.. there is always a liquid market for lll.in names and that will bound to grow further as end users paying more... they both are linked to each.. imagine if a LLL.in sold for 20k , i am sure there will be re-sellers who will happy to 1 to 2k for such lll.in names.. one need to look at the future forecast and future potential rather than just current market.. however if you are focusing on only short term investment possibly you cant expect a quick turn around to sell a lll.in name to end user in a year.. .com domainers who sold names each worth 5 million and above has waited for several years before making such deal and also they have huge portfolios only one or two such names sold at those prices..

LLL.in trading around less than 1% of the LLL.com whole sale prices that make them attractive .. as the Indian population on the globe is 18% and the internet population is over 20% of the world... also indian economy is the fastest growing economy .. taking all these into consideration its the right time to focus on .IN domain names.. .de and .co.uk are already successful extensions , .IN is on its way to growth path.. as a investor one need to look at future potential .. just my honest and humble opinion

•••

DOT.COM is King
I disagree with you, Indians can be classified into different categories, there are rich , middle class, poor and very poor. also indian businesses are quite smart in negotiating acting like they are poor and cant pay more where they are doing multi million turnover a year.. culturally domains are perceived as liability rather than asset which is always there .. but the same culture is bound to change when they start making income through online businesses... its not far away for those businesses seeing the reasons of acquiring premium domain names to stand them as different from several million online businesses. At moment the amount of online businesses as very little compare to western world but its growing at exponential rate.

.COM is king for several years, its the extension accepted world wide as its the first extension world has.. also coming to Indian businesses if they cant afford a LLL.in per example which they can 2k to 5k usd they cant afford to buy a lll.com which usally offerred in 6 digits price. .COM king but not many can reach out to buy a premium lll.com or nnn.com per example because they are too expensive for small to medium enterprises to afford. Just my 2 cents.

•••
.io
.co

Because they are used by startups and there are many reported sales
Obviously just few niches

•••
I forgot the third solid: cc

Still lot of interest for 1word keywords or Chinese niches

•••
#1 - .co - This is really steadily taking off as a repurposed generic.
#2 - .de - The German ccTLD has always been the best "traditional" ccTLD as far as I know.
#3 - .cc - Possible that this continues to grow as a generic AND as a repurposed China TLD (after .cn)
#4 - .in - This will still take a bit of time to develop. But makes for good time to grab ultra premiums if you can.
#5 - .tv - But only really good ones.

I personally don't buy in .cn and .de as I don't think I know the language well enough. I see sooo many people here in the forums who obviously don't know English very well who buy absolutely horrible English domains .. and after making a translation mistake or two myself I'm convinced I should leave them along unless really obvious. I do speak French as a 2nd language .. not perfectly .. but enough to grab some decent one word domains if I find good ones.

•••
.ID

.id is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Indonesia, #4th world's most populous country and Southeast Asia’s largest economy with 256 million people.

Currently Indonesia is the fastest growing economy in Asia surpassing China & India in terms of growth rate.

E-commerce in Indonesia is growing at a compound annual rate of 50 percent, with current projections putting this archipelago nation’s e-market at $130 billion by 2020 (coming third behind China and India).

https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/29/indonesia-will-be-asias-next-biggest-e-commerce-market/

Indonesia also has the highest mobile Facebook usage rate worldwide, with 63 million users in 2015.
Indonesia’s e-commerce market is on track to be one of the largest in Asia.

•••
•••
.io
.co

Because they are used by startups and there are many reported sales
Obviously just few niches

•••
Hmmm just taking a quick squiz through the thread I see that some of the most popular choices are:

.DE / .CO.UK / .IN / .IO / CO

I realize now it was silly of me not to include a POLL section on this thread, would made it much easier.

•••
Well, I'm going to go against the prevailing wisdom by others in this thread, and go with the ccTLD hoarded by the likes of some slimy, double-dealing, back-stabbing, lying, pontificating, industry "insiders." That would be .us. Try finding a good one. You can't. Try picking up one on the drop. Lots of competition there. Do a whois search for the ones you'd dream of owning. You'll learn.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back