IT.COM

discuss What do you think are the top 3 ccTLD's to invest in at the moment.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

So I was wondering....

As some of you already know, I am a big fan of ccTLD. Especially ccTLD's in emerging markets.

What do you guys think are the top 3 ccTLD's to invest in currently?

My Picks are:
.co.za (obvioulsy ;))
.in
.ng

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I understand this, but in my opinion, building a new brand using a domain hack from a country with civil war is not a good idea. Who can be sure that Libya (and .ly registry) will still exist in 5 years? I hope situation will stabilize and things will go better for Libya, but from a investment and branding point of view, sorry to persist, it's not good at all.

Example:
http://domainnamewire.com/2010/10/06/libya-shuts-down-ly-link-shortener/

well said, at the same time its hard to educate some guys who cant see the future.. can only wish good luck to those investing into .LY

•••
I understand this, but in my opinion, building a new brand using a domain hack from a country with civil war is not a good idea. Who can be sure that Libya (and .ly registry) will still exist in 5 years? I hope situation will stabilize and things will go better for Libya, but from a investment and branding point of view, sorry to persist, it's not good at all.

Example:

Yep, you are correct about it being a volatile market to invest in.

I think it's important to remember that domain investing is not different from other types of investments when we take the risk vs reward factor into consideration.

Whilst I also don't invest in.ly domains, it's still a ccTLD that other people do invest in. I think the reason for this is that we all have varying degree's of how much risk we want to take vs the reward. This also applies to many other TLD's on the market today and even goes way beyond just domaining. IMO it just boils down to human nature and how much risk someone wants to assume for a certain amount of reward.

Last edited:
•••

Example:

Startups want .LY, I invest in .LY

Startups don't care about .Word, I don't care about .Word

It's business. Follow the money.

•••
.io
.de
.cc

And maybe .top, but the Chinese will decide.

•••
.io
.de
.cc

And maybe .top, but the Chinese will decide.

I actually grabbed a perfect domain if it was a .de but unfortuntley it's a .co - still valuable but I think it would have been awesome in .de (domain name: kreditohneschufa.co)

•••
•••
Startups want .LY, I invest in .LY

Startups don't care about .Word, I don't care about .Word

It's business. Follow the money.
is there any thread to showcase .LY domain names in use ? like some recent startups using .LY extension.. any startups in last one year?... i really wonder why any meaningful startup will focus on a fundamentally weak extension like .LY .. i am trying to gain the knowledge perhaps which I missed to understand earlier.. I knew few popular .LY urls per example no_url_shorteners, i was unaware its getting preferred by many startups in recent months?.. can you share some details to substantiate your statement of startups preferring .LY? I am not trying to challenge but rather trying to gain the knowledge , I love to follow the knowledge.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
•••
According to me:

1.in
2.us
3.co

its Unbiased..and yeah .in is emerging fast... and i think .us will join d race too

...and .co have a large spectrum cz of the resemblance and typo with .com

•••
I like:

.com
.net
.org
.info
.co
.us
.tv

•••
Everyone says .in im not sure if that's good or bad-if it were a stock and everyone piled in it's not great. But here's what is of interest re: .in We were recently able to pick up on a drop (it's not for sale) 88a.in but we've been told -im sure correctly-that 8 of the top .in investors are chinese. How would they miss any short #88 ? Thank you.

p.s. just checked and 88a.in was the only 88L.in anything left-all now taken-interesting-we'll see if it's worth anything in 5 years.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Everyone says .in im not sure if that's good or bad-if it were a stock and everyone piled in it's not great. But here's what is of interest re: .in We were recently able to pick up on a drop (it's not for sale) 88a.in but we've been told -im sure correctly-that 8 of the top .in investors are chinese. How would they miss any short #88 ? Thank you.

p.s. just checked and 88a.in was the only 88L.in anything left-all now taken-interesting-we'll see if it's worth anything in 5 years.

Woaah.. now that's was a nice catch dude. Definitely a shocker that you managed to grab that...

Would definitely be interesting to see what sort of offers you could end up getting...

•••
Many people here are looking towards investing in the .IN extension and its clear to see why they, including myself think it is the most appealing cctld extension to go for right now. The country itself is currenly on the cusp of a digital revolution, 4G prices that are lower than anywhere in the world are about to be released on to the market in the next couple of months. An enormous data price war battle is about to occur that will completely disrupt the market and bring many many more users online in India. Quite a few years ago, the same occurred with voice calls, making India the number one market in the world for telecoms and now the same is happening with data but on an even more larger scale.

And behind all of this, the Indian government is asking its citizens to ditch .com and start using .in

For me and many others on this thread, the .IN extension is a no brainer. Yes many might think that there are only a few high value sales occurring such as wash.in or cycle.in but that is NOT the case, there are many many more high value sales occurring on a weekly basis but most of these are under NDAs and many others are just not reported at all due to the nature of the Indian market being so secretive which is something I hope will change very soon. I can see the market opening up very quickly over the period of the next few months. 2017 will be a very exciting time for the .in extension for sure.

•••
If I had to choose anything other than .com it would be...

1 - .CO.UK with .UK together
2 - .CO
3 - .CC

Can only go on what I've sold before.

•••
•••
•••
Currently
.com
.in
.co.in

•••
Sorry multiple posts due to some issues.

Last edited:
•••
Okay so my original list was:

Co.za
In
ng
-------------------------

I'm going to add: co.uk

•••
Okay so my original list was:

Co.za
In
ng
-------------------------

I'm going to add: co.uk

Are there people buying .ng outside there?

•••
Are there people buying .ng outside there?

It's not really a popular purchase at the moment...but I think long term, like .co.za it will bare fruit.. mainly cos the rapid growth in connectivity in both these countries ...both of them are also the two largest economies on the African continent.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back