IT.COM

discuss What do you think are the top 3 ccTLD's to invest in at the moment.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

So I was wondering....

As some of you already know, I am a big fan of ccTLD. Especially ccTLD's in emerging markets.

What do you guys think are the top 3 ccTLD's to invest in currently?

My Picks are:
.co.za (obvioulsy ;))
.in
.ng

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Most .IN sales are $xx

http://the.in
So good opportunity to invest.. This is what I am telling... Lower reseller prices are always good for new entrants... most of the guys showing the data of namebio....etc.. Do that stats predict the future potentials?... Honestly it's misleading to base the investments based on past glory... I was the. Com investor mainly in early years... I see massive opportunities in. IN, moved some money to. In... I have got benefited already. Just sharing my experience

•••
Here we are talking of:

.io
.cc
.co

for real domainers.
Passive domainers can follow the tide a go with user speculations on
.in
.ru
.xyz
such domains are for users and not investors.

What are the fundamental strengths of. Cc or. IO extension... These are much hyped in my opinion... . IO is many tech startups following trends.. Not sure this hype lasts... Domainers are not the one decide extension growth... End user readiness and demand to use an extension demands an extension growth and also stability... . IN is not for passive domainers, . IN is for real domainers..

I am happy to explain, if you can't understand. In potential??

Cheers

•••
1 .in
2 .in
3 .in

I completely agree with many of the others above, the .IN extension is now at the cusp of a major explosion that will create enormous long term growth in value. I can anticipate that by early next year or end of this year, most, if not all domainers will be investing into .in

I also see the appeal of other extensions such as .uk, .io, .ru and .co (which is used to invest into quite heavily at one point) but to be honest, I've sold off 98% of my other extensions now, to reinvest into .in and PURELY concentrate on what I believe is the future extension of domaining worldwide, the .in extension just has much more stable and longer term potential than any other extension.
Its interesting that the top 8 owners of .in are chinese. We own xinggan.in and zujin.in

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
1. .io
2. .ly
3. .ai

The hottest ccTLDS

•••
•••
.ly? Not sure why people are voting for this, because in regards to the instability in Lybia, this extension can take decades to grow imho.

Guys, can you develop why you think this extension is a good investment?

•••
.ly? Not sure why people are voting for this, because in regards to the instability in Lybia, this extension can take decades to grow imho.

Guys, can you develop why you think this extension is a good investment?

I think that .ly is popular primarily due to it being perfect for domain hacks. There are plenty of English words ending in LY

Last edited:
•••
I think that .ly is popular primarily due to it being perfect for domain hacks. There are plenty of English words ending in LY
Yes within the domaining community, I understand this. But from an investor point of view, I'm not sure to understand the logic.

•••
Yes within the domaining community, I understand this. But from an investor point of view, I'm not sure to understand the logic.
Most of the domainers fall into the trap of big brands craze... App.guru is registered by Amazon and all of sudden speculation raises and every one register. Guru names... Similar way Google start using. Xyz for parent holding company then everyone start registering. Xyz.... This is mere foolishness in my opinion...just one brand using an extension Will not.make extension stronger... Same craze happened for. IO and. LY... But these are two are the most fundamentally weak extensions to me... certainly one day they will learn a lesson and left with a bag of junk.to drop.. Just my opinion..

•••
•••

Basically a domain hack can have value from a brandability perspective.

Let says for example a company that wants to operate as a domain reseller... they could create a brand/company name called Namely and use a domain like Name.ly

That's just a quick example from the top of my head

Not saying these are sure things and perfect investments, just saying that I do see why some people are buying these domain hacks... there is value in them purely because the market for them currently exists. Supply and Demands... if there is a demand then someone will supply... :) Can't say for sure how long the demand will last though...

Last edited:
•••
.us,
I'am actually only hunting for .us generic names at the moment.

•••
•••
•••
Basically a domain hack can have value from a brandability perspective.

Let says for example a company that wants to operate as a domain reseller... they could create a brand/company name called Namely and use a domain like Name.ly

That's just a quick example from the top of my head

Not saying these are sure things and perfect investments, just saying that I do see why some people are buying these domain hacks... there is value in them purely because the market for them currently exists. Supply and Demands... if there is a demand then someone will supply... :) Can't say for sure how long the demand will last though...
I understand this, but in my opinion, building a new brand using a domain hack from a country with civil war is not a good idea. Who can be sure that Libya (and .ly registry) will still exist in 5 years? I hope situation will stabilize and things will go better for Libya, but from a investment and branding point of view, sorry to persist, it's not good at all.

Example:
http://domainnamewire.com/2010/10/06/libya-shuts-down-ly-link-shortener/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back