IT.COM

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

I would like to know the approximate value of Love.xyz, according to your expertise.

Renewal fees reflect its original registration price, which is around $1500 USD. Domain is only set to expire on 2020-11-03.

Thank you!

•••
•••
Hello,

I would like to know the approximate value of Love / xyz, according to your expertise.

Renewal fees reflect its original registration price, which is around $1500 USD. Domain is only set to expire on 2020-11-03.

Thank you!

Let's look on highest sales of "love" keyword, as reported by namebio:

Domain Price Date Venue
love.me 32,000 USD 2011-03-09 SnapNames
love.ly 20,000 USD 2011-06-08 Sedo
love.co 20,000 USD 2011-03-08 Sedo
love.mobi 12,750 USD 2007-11-07 Sedo
love.info 12,000 USD 2010-02-24 Moniker
love.ski 9,896 USD 2015-08-01 StartingDot
love.top 9,278 USD 2015-02-16 Com.top
love.ly 7,114 USD 2008-06-17 Sedo
love.bet 6,999 USD 2017-10-20 Sedo
love.li 6,440 USD 2011-07-20 Sedo

Some of those makes strong semantic connection between keyword and extension (for example love.me), some of those are broader new gTLD extensions with keyword "love" (for example love.top).

Seeing that, I would guesstimate love / xyz in 5k-10k range for 2019 (so far so good, it is very lovely name), but only in case of financially very strong end user, as renewal is very significant here, $1500 / year - so this is a name which really needs to go to end user, which will developed nice site on it.

To summarise from domain investment point of view: you might get 5k -10k for the name, but you must pay each year 1500 just to keep it .. compare this situation for example with similar domain name love / top, which has renewal of only 30 / year and sold for 9k. So the profitability of love / top seems to be 50 times higher for domain investor (1500/30 = 50), at least in case you would also sell your domain name for 9k.

In general (following remark is not anyhow connected to your name, but just came to my mind) : the art of profitable domain investing is to get beautiful domain name, but with as low renewal fee as possible. It is not difficult these days to get beautiful domain name with high renewal fee, but from math point of view, this will decrease your profitability significantly, and in many cases you can even buy liability (which you were thinking is an investment at the time of registering) but which could loose you money over time.

So, back to your name: I would advise to do strategic outbound on LinkedIn, targeting CEOs of medium/large companies. This will not probably resell on domainer forum like Namepros, imo, exactly because of the renewal fee.

LinkedIn is the best venue imo: I was recently able to resell there domain name with renewal fee of 500 / year (which is still 3 times less then yours and is kind of outlier sale, as end users usually prefer domain names with low renewal fees as well, at least in my experience), but at least it confirms that some financially strong end users do not mind higher renewal fees.

GL :)

•••
Have an idea, but as always, value your opinion and experience

Private / Rentals (around $100 / year premium renewal tho)

Thanks Marek!

I have few thoughts here: this one is pretty difficult to appraise, you can sell it anywhere between 15k - 100k imo, maybe even more. But in my experience, selling real estate domain names is very long-run thing - so it can take lot of years for this name to be able to achieve this price range.

Still, even if you hold it for 10 - 15 years, the cost for you will be 1k - 1,5k. And profit will be probably much higher then 1k-1,5k, imo.

This is type of name which would really benefit from exposure to end users, real estate agents or digital companies which are launching rental online platforms. It is very memorable, while It would be naive to thing that real estate agents are massively aware of all those new domain options we have now. But when they see it, they will like it :)

Another thing to consider: your name will compete with some other real estate extensions, like .homes or .rent. Particularly .rent, which is very similar, and in which this keyword costs approx 1200 / year (and this domain name is available, at the time of writing).

So this can give your domain name some upper cap: as end user can decide to register .rent version of your keyword, and pay approx 1200 / year for it (which means your name with 100 / year renewal can really compete here in approx 15k - 30k range, imo.

Anyway, this domain name is a keeper, and I think it will be pofitable. Btw, I am doing similar bet in this extension with keyword "realty", which has the same renewal fee as your domain name, so I definitely think it is worth it!

•••
I have few thoughts here: this one is pretty difficult to appraise, you can sell it anywhere between 15k - 100k imo, maybe even more. But in my experience, selling real estate domain names is very long-run thing - so it can take lot of years for this name to be able to achieve this price range.

Still, even if you hold it for 10 - 15 years, the cost for you will be 1k - 1,5k. And profit will be probably much higher then 1k-1,5k, imo.

This is type of name which would really benefit from exposure to end users, real estate agents or digital companies which are launching rental online platforms. It is very memorable, while It would be naive to thing that real estate agents are massively aware of all those new domain options we have now. But when they see it, they will like it :)

Another thing to consider: your name will compete with some other real estate extensions, like .homes or .rent. Particularly .rent, which is very similar, and in which this keyword costs approx 1200 / year (and this domain name is available, at the time of writing).

So this can give your domain name some upper cap: as end user can decide to register .rent version of your keyword, and pay approx 1200 / year for it (which means your name with 100 / year renewal can really compete here in approx 15k - 30k range, imo.

Anyway, this domain name is a keeper, and I think it will be pofitable. Btw, I am doing similar bet in this extension with keyword "realty", which has the same renewal fee as your domain name, so I definitely think it is worth it!

Thanks!

Just to add - personally don't feel like it actually directly only competes with with .rent / .homes

Rentals is quite a "diverse" word, as it also can cover any other sector or industry (i.e Private home rentals, private yacht rentals, private island rentals, private jet rentals, private venue rentals etc.) which just absolutely massively broadens the scope and reach of potential end users.

Thanks again!!

•••
motivationclub.png

Renewal fees are $11.64 USD and domain is only set to expire on 2020-12-06.

Thank you again!

•••
•••
Hello,

I would like to know the approximate value of Love.xyz, according to your expertise.

Thank you!

Great term, but that renewal fee makes it a liability (not an asset) in my view.
It is certainly not a domain I would passively hold with that fee.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
micro / live
Not big fan of this name, honestly. If that would be micro / life, that would make nice semantic sense and I would see it definitely in few k's range.

But micro / live imo does not make much sense together, although it kind of sounds pretty cool.

So next step, when I see domain like this, is that I google it. And immediately we see all over an internet that there was a cute show on bbc, named Micro Live,

First episode date: October 2, 1983
Final episode date: March 28, 1987

And that is it. So there is no semantic sense, and all internet us filled with information about the british show. So in my opinion, which new business would like to brand themselfves as micro / live?

There are another disadvantages we can see as well:

a) lot of alternatives for this keyword in new gTLD space (because the semantic connection between micro and live is not that strong, therefore someone can opt let's say for micro / supply or micro / equipment for 20 USD at the moment of writing, and dozens of good options ...

b) what is worse, some people can google it and start to think about potential TM issues .. are those issues real or not? Normal end user will not be able to say, and if one is not the lawyer, they are not able to say either ... this can nudge them just to look for another alternatives in new gTLD space which are available for few dollars.

Unless I miss something significant and you can explain who is the potential end user and why, and why end user will not opt for other alternatives, I personally do not see lot of resale potential.

I checked end user which sits on microlive / com, unlikely imo that they would somehow need micro / live.

There are some end users like microlive india / com, they could probably benefit from the name (and really not to worry about some hypothetical TM issues, as their area of business and their location is totally different then TV shows in UK)

Renewal is also not low, name seems to carry medium premium renewal of approx $70 / year... I think this is name which can achieve in theory 500 - 1k - 5k, but there are some issues I just mentioned (from end user point of view) which will make STR for this price range pretty low. Even with STR 1% (I feel it would be lower), your projected yearly profit is 5-50, while your fixed renewal cost is 70.

Saying that, it kind of sounds nice ... so I hope I am wrong here, and you will have a nice sale! GL :)

•••
Thanks!

Just to add - personally don't feel like it actually directly only competes with with .rent / .homes

Rentals is quite a "diverse" word, as it also can cover any other sector or industry (i.e Private home rentals, private yacht rentals, private island rentals, private jet rentals, private venue rentals etc.) which just absolutely massively broadens the scope and reach of potential end users.

Thanks again!!
I agree, that is absolutely correct - here is my professional deformation of real estate agent in play, as I always first think about real estate - but of course, other objects like cars or jets can be rented as well :)

Honestly, when I think about it now, private / rentals can be used in similar manner as something like private / jet / rentals or similar domain names in .com, and this can be pretty lucrative venture! GL.

Last edited:
•••
Incredible depth you are providing in the evaluations @Brands.International - great service to NamePros members. Thank you.

I had a couple of points if not an interruption to add.

Re Micro/live the immediate use I thought of was a live microscope feed, of which there are many around the world, as well as products to support them. That said odds are an end user in that field would not pay much, and with renewal hard to make numbers work.

Re love/xyz (such a nice name but such a steep renewal) I just thought I would add that ILoveYou in xyz sold for $2995 this year. If love was mine I would definitely try to interest an end user before the year of registration is up and your LinkedIn suggestion good. I wonder if there is any chance a broker would take a name like love? I don't know off hand if any of the brokers handle new extensions at all.

Thanks again for a fantastic set of evaluations.

Bob

•••
Incredible depth you are providing in the evaluations @Brands.International - great service to NamePros members. Thank you.

I had a couple of points if not an interruption to add.

Re Micro/live the immediate use I thought of was a live microscope feed, of which there are many around the world, as well as products to support them. That said odds are an end user in that field would not pay much, and with renewal hard to make numbers work.

Re love/xyz (such a nice name but such a steep renewal) I just thought I would add that ILoveYou in xyz sold for $2995 this year. If love was mine I would definitely try to interest an end user before the year of registration is up and your LinkedIn suggestion good. I wonder if there is any chance a broker would take a name like love? I don't know off hand if any of the brokers handle new extensions at all.

Thanks again for a fantastic set of evaluations.

Bob
Thanks Bob for your nice words!

Regarding brokers, I am not really sure - I sell my domain names by myself, while 2 years ago when I contacted some brokers, they were still learning about new gTLDs. What is the situation today I do not know, hopefully some of them are gaining new knowledge also for new domain names.

Well, the main point is, that if one registers a domain name like "love", one basically needs to have some clear plan with it, otherwise it might become pretty stressful venture - and domain investing should be pleasurable :)

•••
Margin / Loans

A margin loan (a.k.a investment loan) is money borrowed by an investor to buy additional securities or to meet short-term financial needs, and is secured against the investor's shares or managed funds. It is a common financial product offered by financial institutions and banks.

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Show attachment 138217

Renewal fees are $11.64 USD and domain is only set to expire on 2020-12-06.

Thank you again!
You are very welcome!

Regarding your name motivation / club, this is nice .club domain name with large end user pool. In 2019, I would feel it in 800-4k range with STR 1%.

Considering it's low renewal fee, I think it is definitely a keeper: if above guesstimate is right, your projected yearly profit is 8-40, while your fixed renewal cost is 11 / year.

If you would build your new gTLD porftolio from similar domain names (they do not need to be .club, but need to have similar ratio between appraisal range and renewal cost), it will be nice and profitable venture for you, imo.

•••
wok/monster?
This is kind of interesting new gTLD brandable.

With keyword "wok", it is in the (imo) same category of names like

wok / expert
wok / guru
wok / ninja

so kind of "master of wok cooking" :)

So from this point of view, this could be nice brandable for wok restaurant, and if I would not look much further, I would say 500-1k appraisal.

But here comes a problem, when it comes to investment point of view:

wok / expert is available, for 36 / year, you can register it now
wok / guru is available, for 36 / year, you can register it now
wok / ninja is available, for 14 / year, you can register it now

All valid at the time of writing of this post. And if those domain names are available, what leverage could you have when you would be negotiating with end user for your domain name? The answer is, if the end user is not totally uninformed, there is not much leverage on your side (this is what is more sophisticately called "large number of available alternatives in new gTLD space with close semantic meaning" in this thread, on many places).

Keyword "wok" will probably not bring many people to desired investment destination, under those conditions. Saying that, the domain name has 9 / year renewal, and so maybe someone will like it for low xxx - mid xxx if you do outbound (but that someone ideally should not be aware of other options).

I am sorry for rather more critical appraisal, and still hope you have a nice sale! GL :)

•••
What do you think of the domain
Ride.Rentals

•••
Sans titre 4.png

Renewal fees are $11.64 USD and domain is only set to expire on 2020-12-09.

Thank you again!

•••
Flowers/Bio

Bio is the extension for everything organic related, specially in Europe

•••
Hello, could you please give me your professional advice about this domain:

Travel.fan
Registration/Renewal fees $219.00

Thank you in advance.

•••
•••
This is kind of interesting new gTLD brandable.

With keyword "wok", it is in the (imo) same category of names like

wok / expert
wok / guru
wok / ninja

so kind of "master of wok cooking" :)

So from this point of view, this could be nice brandable for wok restaurant, and if I would not look much further, I would say 500-1k appraisal.

But here comes a problem, when it comes to investment point of view:

wok / expert is available, for 36 / year, you can register it now
wok / guru is available, for 36 / year, you can register it now
wok / ninja is available, for 14 / year, you can register it now

All valid at the time of writing of this post. And if those domain names are available, what leverage could you have when you would be negotiating with end user for your domain name? The answer is, if the end user is not totally uninformed, there is not much leverage on your side (this is what is more sophisticately called "large number of available alternatives in new gTLD space with close semantic meaning" in this thread, on many places).

Keyword "wok" will probably not bring many people to desired investment destination, under those conditions. Saying that, the domain name has 9 / year renewal, and so maybe someone will like it for low xxx - mid xxx if you do outbound (but that someone ideally should not be aware of other options).

I am sorry for rather more critical appraisal, and still hope you have a nice sale! GL :)

Hi.
You've just told me I could sell a product for 300x more then the price I paid. I don't take it as a critical comment - it's actually a very nice answer with, as I consider, very professional selling advice.
I loved reading your comment.
Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 138545
Renewal fees are $11.64 USD and domain is only set to expire on 2020-12-09.

Thank you again!
Regarding navigation / club, I think it is very similar to recently appraised name motivation / club. They have same renewals and similar appraisal range, although if I could bet, I would say navigation is even a little better. So I would feel it somewhere in 1,5k-7k range with STR 1%.

It is a nice .club name, and imo definitely a keeper!

•••
Back