Epik Escrow

What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

Labeled as domain in Domain Appraisal started by lolwarrior, May 30, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. royj

royj Established Member

Sweepstakes.center

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Qutest

Qutest Established Member

NewVision.Group

3. lolwarrior

lolwarrior Founder, Brands.International VIP

@qwartet few important remarks here:

a) when I try to visit your domain name, I get error message (probably something with security certificate which you have not installed?)
    b) GDPR means your contact details are not visible via WHOIS

combination of a) and b) means that there is no way atm how to reach you. Even if someone is interested in your domain name, they will not be able to get in touch with you.

To the name itself:

interesting combo, there although I am pretty stretching my imagination who would be the end users
    (but I am not expert in glass industry, so I might miss something, and ok, I can imagine some uses, like glass works design app, etc).

If the domain sells, I feel it in USD 500-1k range with probability of 1% for any given year of holding.
    If you do not improve a) and b), it will have probability of sale 0%.

Math for the name: your projected yearly profit is around 5-10, while your yearly holding cost is USD 12 (which is the standard renewal fee for .app at many registrars). This makes profitability chances shifted against the domain investor holding the name, imo.

GL :)

4. ecalc

ecalc Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Your appraisal method and retail price range are reasonable but I can’t find a shred of evidence that a dot name of that caliber has a 1% chance of sale in that price range in a given year. Namebio shows one dot name sale in the last 5 years, a 2900 USD sale (#1 all time highest) dated 02-Jan-2019, twelve days after the name’s creation date 21-Dec-2018, nothing fishy there. Namebio’s #3 all time highest dot name sale, 2190 USD 07-Oct-2009, is now available to hand reg. Please allow me to suggest that the math is shifted like Niagara Falls against the domain investor holding dot name or similar tlds.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  5. Puneet Malhotra

Puneet Malhotra Established Member

x

6. Puneet Malhotra

It will be great if someone can give
    more info on the keyword "name" not as an ext but only as a keyword...

7. Puneet Malhotra

a

8. lolwarrior

That is a very good point you made @ecalc , I agree :)

9. immmi

immmi Established Member

fold.club & foldable.club please。The reason for registration is: galaxy fold

10. qwartet

qwartet Established Member

Thanks a lot for your input! It is very appreciated. Outside perspective is a powerful thing.
    Problem with potential customers reaching out to me due to a) and b) was something that took longer to solve than I would like it, domains enforced secured https connection appeared to be a problem. Undeveloped seems like a good solution for that. All good now. But thanks for pointing that out!

I totally see how it is hard for someone not involved in the industry to give a realistic appraisal, but I myself am involved in the glazing industry and see growing use of glazing applications lately, so it's only new gTLD I purchased. But your prognosis is very reasonable though. Thus, I will try to see if there are any offers out there in the next 8-10 months and if there's nothing reasonable, I will try to sell it to the company I work in for future developments. Renewal is kinda very questionable for me.

Once again thanks for your opinion, you rock. Cheers.

11. Judge9

Judge9 Established Member

Could you please appraise
    ESP.News
    Targetting Esports News

And if you could pick one off your Favourites from the fintech list below
    to appraise please .

Fintech.Holdings
    Fintech.Express
    Fintech.Studio
    Fintech.Supply
    Fintech.Builders
    Fintech.Construction

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  12. handpicked

handpicked Established Member

Kindly appraise these two .top names.

(1) seopros
    (2) webgenius

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  13. lolwarrior

@cabotower I am trying but simply do not understand the thoughts behind this registration, and so far I think it has very close to 0 chance to any sucess... or please prove me otherwise, I am very curious what are you thinking here :)

14. lolwarrior

@jamesall both those names are classic example of meaningful names which can sell in USD 500-1500 range imo with 1% probability in 2019.

Because of large number of available alternatives in new gTLD space for string "afterwork", the chances that you can sell them for more then this are very limited.

15. cabotower

cabotower Established Member

i'm thinking that when you can buy a 2L.anything for $4.00 you go for it.

16. lolwarrior

@jamesall as an experiment they are ok, but number of alternatives BOTH in new gTLD space, AND in string itself is overwhelming.

End users can find so many close alternatives for your names .. enough said here :)

To see more what I think about huge number of available alternatives, you can check here:

How to register new gTLD names in 2019 (and actually sell them).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  17. lolwarrior

I get that, while I think in terms of new gTLDs, the "LL" type of thinking will not give great results, imho.

(BUT ... unless you know something about China market, and you regged your domain from this pov... because there, indeed this can work .. honestly I have no idea about Chinese market, 0 knowledge about it, so I can not assist much there...).

But if you aim to anything else then Chinese, I think such domain name is not good, as it does not make any sense.

In general, New gTLDs are interesting because of their semantic qualities (that left side gives meaning with right side), while LL type of thinking is great when it comes to .com names, but is not easily transfered to new gTLDs (exceptions are there of course).

18. NameJi

NameJi The Domain Lover Gold Account

An idea to allow users to capture rocking moments (pics, videos), personal email app and personal cloud storage. Also own .com version of it (two words). I wish to productize the below brand and may sell if there is a great offer. Could you please let me know your thoughts.

---
    merocks.png
    ---
    merocks_shirt.png
    ---

19. immmi

immmi Established Member

Yes, and one thing to consider is that China is a non-English speaking country. Most suffixes for new gTLD names are meaningless if they are not simple and easy to remember words (for example, I just learned English, translated by translating robots)

20. immmi

immmi Established Member

Most Chinese netizens only agree with. com,. cn,. net or. com. cn, a few. org,. cc, and even less about new gTLD.

21. lolwarrior

Not 100% sure (as I am not natural English speaker) - but would that be grammatically correct ?

I (me) rock
    you rock
    he rocks
    she rocks
    it rocks
    we rock
    you rock
    they rock

so I would guess he / rocks or she / rocks are perfect, but can we say me / rocks? Bob (@Bob Hawkes), could you please help here? How natural english speakers would view it, would this be any kind of problem? Thank you :)

22. jamesall

jamesall Upgraded Member Gold Account

But that can rock too!

Ever heard of Ali G?

23. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent VIP

You are right that strictly speaking as I interpret English (perhaps incorrectly :xf.wink:) me rocks is not correct English although I could still see it being valuable and used in a playful deliberately incorrect fashion. It would be a great domain for the .me registry if they wanted a domain in another TLD :xf.cool:.

Since it is rocks and not rock, it needs to be singular to be strictly correct. So as I read it golf.rocks, Fred.rocks, he.rocks and she.rocks would all be correct, along with it.rocks. Of course rocks also could be used literally as the plural of a rock, as in moon.rocks or valuable.rocks.

Bob

ps lolwarrior.rocks is correct, and true :xf.smile:, and available :xf.grin:, although GoValue say it is worth less than $100 :xf.frown:.

24. lolwarrior

Thanks a lot Bob!

So although it is confirmed now that is not correct English as such, I personally pretty much like the idea of "playful deliberately incorrect fashion".

:)

25. NameJi

NameJi The Domain Lover Gold Account

Thanks a lot Bob & @lolwarrior.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: