IT.COM

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many thanks for your suggestions .

May I know your suggestions for GIA / FASHION
You are welcome :)

I do not feel much gia / fashion.One thing is that when I google the string "gia fashion" I see immediately lot of end users, some with clumsy names. But it is pretty difficult to sale new gTLDs to existing users, so to speak, at least in my experience in 2018. They have their websites, they gave probably tons of money to marketing to promote them....so it is usually logistically and technically difficult to them to upgrade to new name. If they do so, the name should have some very good properties (amazing seo - category killer, ranking high) so it would justify they cost of change of existing name....

In my experience the new gTLDs sells best to new businesses, which will start directly with new gTLD name. So best sellers are those with very large pool of potential end users (for example if you have something like therapy / online, there are tons of people (therapists) who could utilize the name.

Saying that, if gia / fashion sells, it will be probably 350-1500 sale, but end users should be targetted to make that happen. GL!

•••
Hey man,

Can you please share your thoughts on housing.pro? I think it's a good one but looks like it might never sell, or take too long to sell if it ever does...

•••
Hey man,

Can you please share your thoughts on housing.pro? I think it's a good one but looks like it might never sell, or take too long to sell if it ever does...
.Pro domain names sells generally pretty well. There are recorded sales for realestate / pro for $14k, and realty / pro for $10k. Housing / pro is slighly worse imo, but still has a value, if it sells it can be anything between $2k-$15k imo.

But....probabilities of sale are low. Before 2014, that would be much higher imo, but since 2014 you have lot of competition in new gTLD namespace .. at the moment of writing, you can get names like housing / express or housing / systems and many others for around $5 first year reg fee (check uniregistry.com) - so while maybe housing / express might be considered worse then housing / pro by some (matter of personal taste), end user can purchase housing / express for $4,88 .. such alternatives push your selling price, and your probabilities of sale significantly down.

Still, the name seems to have standard low renewal (around 10-12 for .pro at most registrars), so it seem as good investment to me. One day you will sell it, but it can take few years. Sometimes it can take 10 - 15 years to sell domain name, it is long term journey to get a good end user price. Of course, for fast sale, you can try to liquidate it here, and sell it for low XXX or so to another domainer.

It looks like name has expired, if I would be you, I would definitely renew it! GL :)

•••
.Pro domain names sells generally pretty well. There are recorded sales for realestate / pro for $14k, and realty / pro for $10k. Housing / pro is slighly worse imo, but still has a value, if it sells it can be anything between $2k-$15k imo.

But....probabilities of sale are low. Before 2014, that would be much higher imo, but since 2014 you have lot of competition in new gTLD namespace .. at the moment of writing, you can get names like housing / express or housing / systems and many others for around $5 first year reg fee (check uniregistry.com) - so while maybe housing / express might be considered worse then housing / pro by some (matter of personal taste), end user can purchase housing / express for $4,88 .. such alternatives push your selling price, and your probabilities of sale significantly down.

Still, the name seems to have standard low renewal (around 10-12 for .pro at most registrars), so it seem as good investment to me. One day you will sell it, but it can take few years. Sometimes it can take 10 - 15 years to sell domain name, it is long term journey to get a good end user price. Of course, for fast sale, you can try to liquidate it here, and sell it for low XXX or so to another domainer.

It looks like name has expired, if I would be you, I would definitely renew it! GL :)

It's hard to believe you take so much time to write such detailed answers to help us here, all for free. I really really appreciate the help!

Yes the domain expired and I was going to let it drop, but after reading your answer to my post I'm going to renew it. Might try my luck at a Namejet auction if I just want to try recovering my investment amount on this domain name.

•••
It's hard to believe you take so much time to write such detailed answers to help us here, all for free. I really really appreciate the help!

Yes the domain expired and I was going to let it drop, but after reading your answer to my post I'm going to renew it. Might try my luck at a Namejet auction if I just want to try recovering my investment amount on this domain name.
You are very welcome. I am glad you renewed this name. Imo it is good to make sure it is listed everywhere and people know it is for sale, marketing is everything. GL!

•••
•••
•••
Very nice name, I think for right end user it can be anywhere between 1,5k-7k name. Seems to have low renewal around 12 USD...if so, this is definitely imo a keeper and a good investment :)
But who could be end user?
It is just african remote island and not european or american resort.
Tour operator? Travel agency?
I am not sure they would pay for domain, even keyword one.
You cant tag the same high price price to Africa related domain as you could do with europe or america related domain.
And .club is not exactly the wow-extension.
Or maybe I didnt catch the point or dont know something about "zanzibar club" ?

•••
Seems like it has standard renewal for .casa, which is around USD 7. Although it is not best combo ever, my advise is to keep almost everything which makes kind of sense and is with keyword "bitcoin", as this is very valuable keyword.

In addition, crypto/bitcoin startups are not shy of new gTLDs. Definitely a keeper, makes great sense as an investment. If it sells, it can sell anywhere between 1k-7k imo to end user in 2018.
Again I am not agree. Casa is spanish word, so the end user must be from Latin America or Spain.
It is too difficult to deal with Latin America countries because they always have thier local extension or use .net or .es and not ready pay high price for domain. They just will not understand why they need to pay more than $10 yearly.
The same situation is also in Spain.

•••
Again I am not agree. Casa is spanish word, so the end user must be from Latin America or Spain.
It is too difficult to deal with Latin America countries because they always have thier local extension or use .net or .es and not ready pay high price for domain. They just will not understand why they need to pay more than $10 yearly.
The same situation is also in Spain.
Different people have different opinions/views/projections about domain values. In this thread I write here my views as I see it and the best I can, but I might be wrong as well... you never know :)

•••
Different people have different opinions/views/projections about domain values. In this thread I write here my views as I see it and the best I can, but I might be wrong as well... you never know :)
No, you can appraisal and I can be agree with your appraisal, but..
But your appraisal worth zero if the potential buyer just has no money...
Domain price is not just its market value, but also the potential buyer possibility..
Where you plan to sell .casa domain? To english speaking country?
1000$ in USA and in Mexico is not the same.
The domain can really worth 10k, but if potential buyers are from Asia, Latin America, Africa etc then you cant talk about the same 10k...

•••
No, you can appraisal and I can be agree with your appraisal, but..
But your appraisal worth zero if the potential buyer just has no money...
Domain price is not just its market value, but also the potential buyer possibility..
Where you plan to sell .casa domain? To english speaking country?
1000$ in USA and in Mexico is not the same.
The domain can really worth 10k, but if potential buyers are from Asia, Latin America, Africa etc then you cant talk about the same 10k...
I think you are making gross generalisation about end user pools from Asia, Latin America, Africa - the fact is that domain buyers can come from those countries as well, and they can be very well financially funded.

The same wih Zanzibar: you can not just simply presume that if Zanzibar is tourist destination in Africa, there are no well paying end users for domain like Zanzibar / club (or they will not be able to purchase the name for 7k...this is imo incorrect thinking).

As for bitcoin /casa, of course, you are going to sell .casa domain to spanish speaking audience, that is what .casa extension is designed for in the first place - while with keyword "bitcoin" it can still make nice brandable. Imo the assumption that Spanish market is too difficult to deal with is only that...an assumption..unless you somehow tested that hypothesis extensively...:)

•••
Sun.group
Received offers in xxxx range so far

•••
•••
•••
•••
glad to this thread still going strong :xf.smile:

fusion . company

Thoughts would be appreciated on pricing (I have it listed at £2,750) and would like to know if you think this is in the right ballpark....

•••
Retail / Shoes
@Ostrados I think retail / shoes with renewal of $34 can sell in $500-$2500 range in 2018. When you consider probabilities of resale 1%, it does not make much sense as an investment imo (projected yearly profit $5-$25 versus fixed yearly cost $34), unless you specifically target end users.

When you target them, you should explain them what advantage they will get to use your domain name.
GL :)

•••
•••
Automata / Store
@LeslieMg automata are interesting math concept, and a quite good film as well (as google shows_..
but how that goes together with .store...personally I fee no value here, unless I really miss something.

•••
Sun.group
Received offers in xxxx range so far
@domainsmgm sun/group is fantastic name, but I am sure you know it already :)
Lot of large end users wordwide, while the term is very generic (so no one of them can feel entitled to it).
It can sell for 5k-20k in 2018, and maybe even for more in future. It has medium premium renewal of 36, but still, this is going to be very profitable investment one day (yearly cost 36 vs yearly projected profit 50-200).
GL!

•••
Colorado.gdn
@Robson this can resell for 200-400 imo, but probabilities are pretty low. End user pool is obviously limited to Colorado companies/people, so it will be up to you to explain someone what advantage they can get from this domain name. Lot of competition in new gTLD space. Honestly I do not feel it much...but that is just me, and I can be wrong.

•••
The name is available to be registered for reg fee at the moment of writing. I only appraise names which belongs to user who submits it. Thanks for understanding :)

PS: I personally would not reg it,again, unless I miss something important here.

•••
•••
glad to this thread still going strong :xf.smile:

fusion . company

Thoughts would be appreciated on pricing (I have it listed at £2,750) and would like to know if you think this is in the right ballpark....
@MrAcidic I think you made a good decision with pricing. If that sells with 1% yearly probability, it would be realistic around that price imo. It might sell even for 5k maybe, but chances of resell are then lower.

It seems to have small premium attached to it (around 14-15), so math is (yearly cost 14 vs projected yearly profit 27-30)...seems good to me. GL :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back