Dynadot

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hope the new legalization of sports betting in the US helps this one.
SportsBetting / expert

SportsBetting / expert

The domain has standard renewal for .expert attached to it, which is around 35-40 at many registrars.

It was first registered early in new gTLD times, at May 2014, then 3 times deleted (always after a year of holding), then it was registered at May 2018 by OP.

At the moment of writing, string "SportsBetting" is available in at least 159 new gTLD extensions (check for example at uniregistry.com). We can reg for ref fee this string at .social, .watch, .consulting, .partners, .cam, .limited, .Saying that, those are not what I would consider exactly as "close alternatives" which still then leave some value in the domain name in question.

Considering also achieved sale values for .expert (and close alternative extensions like .guru and .coach), I would feel this can resale in range of 700-3k with probability of 1% at any given year of holding. Thus your projected profit is around 7-30/year, while your holding cost is between 35-40 year.

Unfortunately, odds for profit are shifted against the domain investor holding the name, imo. This is in case you are not going to do anything actively with it (passive holding)

Name sounds nice however, and with little outbound skillz towards end users you can alter that probability to your favour. This should be quite an easy sale in this price range, if presented professionally and properly to end users (and there are plenty of them which would benefit from this name). GL :)

•••
Traveling / express

Traveling / express

First think which came to my mind when I saw this name is that keyword alternatives are instantly there:

one of them is "travelling" (double ll, which is the preferred spelling in British English), and another one of them (and a far better one) is a string "travel".

The name has standard renewal for .express, which is around 25-30 at many registrars.

It was first registered in Jan 2018, it was not registered or dropped before. In comparison, travel / express was first registered in July 2015, and travelling / express is free to register, at the moment of writing.(and it seems it was never registered before...)

The combo kind of makes sense together, but when I briefly googled the expression "traveling express" I have not found any obvious larger end users who should benefit from the name (maybe more detailed analysis is needed, but usually those are obvious after short search).

If someone likes it can go for 1,5k-2k, but this is kind of name where I feel interest from end users will be pretty low. Test it for a year or two imo, but if nothing special happens, send your 25-30 bucks to some better name - there are much better opportunities in new gTLD space you can for those money. GL :)

•••
Cat / xyz

The renewal fee is USD220 per year. What do you think?

For cat / xyz, I have the same opinion as I had for the similar quality name, spa / xyz in post no.
here, this is exactly the same logic for this type of names.

I am sorry that I somehow missed your fortune / cash domain, will have a look soon on that as well ! :)

•••
SkiSport / club
hand reg.
Does this domain make sense ??? Your appraisal !
Thanks in advance

skisport / club

.Club domain sells well, but this one is a word1 word2 form, with tons of alternatives not only in new gTLD space, but also in .club extension itself.

When it comes to end users who are somehow related to skiing, nothing prevents them to opt for strings like skilounge, skifun, skialpine, skimountain, skitop, skiresort, skiresorts, skirports, etc, etc

And when they want, from some reason, exactly the string "skisport", then can have that in .online, .link, .xyz, .click, and another 238 new gTLD extensions at the time of writing, from which some of then will be good close alternatives.

The good think is that the name has standard renewal for .club, which is around 10 - 12 at many registrars, so it is not expensive to hold.

It can of course resale in 500-3k range, but with so many alternatives, both in keyword permutations and in other new gTLD extensions as well, I just think that probability that someone will want exactly this domain name is close almost to 0.

It is a pretty nice name, but I am not sure whether it will work from math point of view, as an investment.
But with this small renewal, it will do no harm to test it for a year or two, imo.
GL :)

•••
@lolwarrior -

Here's a brandable one for you:

Karma / Agency

My thoughts would be $20-$100 Reseller and $500-2K End-User.

Karma / Agency - yes, it is a nice example of what can be referred to as a new gTLD brandable name.

Remark: at the moment of writing, I can not access a website, it seems it does not have a landing page. And contact details are also not present in WHOIS database (after GDPR), so that is something what probably should be corrected asap, in case the domain is intented to be for resale.

Domain name was first registered in early new gTLD times, in September 2015, and OP owns it since then. It has a standard renewal for .agency attached to it, which is around 15-20 at many registrars.

When we seach for string 'karma', it is now available in 125 new gTLD extensions . End user can reg karma / coach, karma / doctor, karma / marketing and some others for reg fee. Saying that, those are imo not close alternatives for .agency, so that leave value in the domain name in question.

Brief Google search shows there are end users who might be potentially interested in this name as well.

Considering achieved sales in .agency so far, I feel this is a name which can resell in 1k-3k range, with probability of resale for the price in this range as 1% for any given year of holding.

Thus the projected profit for any given year is 10-30, while holding cost is 15-20. This makes it balanced investment imo - in other words, this is not going to bring any miracle profit, but also domain investor should not loose money with it over longer period of time.

•••
Traveling / express

First think which came to my mind when I saw this name is that keyword alternatives are instantly there:

one of them is "travelling" (double ll, which is the preferred spelling in British English), and another one of them (and a far better one) is a string "travel".

The name has standard renewal for .express, which is around 25-30 at many registrars.

It was first registered in Jan 2018, it was not registered or dropped before. In comparison, travel / express was first registered in July 2015, and travelling / express is free to register, at the moment of writing.(and it seems it was never registered before...)

The combo kind of makes sense together, but when I briefly googled the expression "traveling express" I have not found any obvious larger end users who should benefit from the name (maybe more detailed analysis is needed, but usually those are obvious after short search).

If someone likes it can go for 1,5k-2k, but this is kind of name where I feel interest from end users will be pretty low. Test it for a year or two imo, but if nothing special happens, send your 25-30 bucks to some better name - there are much better opportunities in new gTLD space you can for those money. GL :)
Thank you for your appraisal

•••
skisport / club

.Club domain sells well, but this one is a word1 word2 form, with tons of alternatives not only in new gTLD space, but also in .club extension itself.

When it comes to end users who are somehow related to skiing, nothing prevents them to opt for strings like skilounge, skifun, skialpine, skimountain, skitop, skiresort, skiresorts, skirports, etc, etc

And when they want, from some reason, exactly the string "skisport", then can have that in .online, .link, .xyz, .click, and another 238 new gTLD extensions at the time of writing, from which some of then will be good close alternatives.

The good think is that the name has standard renewal for .club, which is around 10 - 12 at many registrars, so it is not expensive to hold.

It can of course resale in 500-3k range, but with so many alternatives, both in keyword permutations and in other new gTLD extensions as well, I just think that probability that someone will want exactly this domain name is close almost to 0.

It is a pretty nice name, but I am not sure whether it will work from math point of view, as an investment.
But with this small renewal, it will do no harm to test it for a year or two, imo.

Thank you for appraisal and insights

•••
For cat / xyz, I have the same opinion as I had for the similar quality name, spa / xyz in post no.
here, this is exactly the same logic for this type of names.

I am sorry that I somehow missed your fortune / cash domain, will have a look soon on that as well ! :)

@lolwarrior, thanks for your insight. Looking forward to your appraisal on Fortune / cash domain!

•••
•••
Friendly Bump - this thread deserves to be on the 1st page (y)

•••
•••
SportsBetting / expert

The domain has standard renewal for .expert attached to it, which is around 35-40 at many registrars.

It was first registered early in new gTLD times, at May 2014, then 3 times deleted (always after a year of holding), then it was registered at May 2018 by OP.

At the moment of writing, string "SportsBetting" is available in at least 159 new gTLD extensions (check for example at uniregistry.com). We can reg for ref fee this string at .social, .watch, .consulting, .partners, .cam, .limited, .Saying that, those are not what I would consider exactly as "close alternatives" which still then leave some value in the domain name in question.

Considering also achieved sale values for .expert (and close alternative extensions like .guru and .coach), I would feel this can resale in range of 700-3k with probability of 1% at any given year of holding. Thus your projected profit is around 7-30/year, while your holding cost is between 35-40 year.

Unfortunately, odds for profit are shifted against the domain investor holding the name, imo. This is in case you are not going to do anything actively with it (passive holding)

Name sounds nice however, and with little outbound skillz towards end users you can alter that probability to your favour. This should be quite an easy sale in this price range, if presented professionally and properly to end users (and there are plenty of them which would benefit from this name). GL :)
Hi @lolwarrior ,

It's great to see the analysis you do. Can you please tell us how to present gtld beautifully to end users like give us sample email template with top content that will work.

•••
Hi @lolwarrior ,

It's great to see the analysis you do. Can you please tell us how to present gtld beautifully to end users like give us sample email template with top content that will work.
Hi Sumeeth,
thank you for your kind words :) I did lot of outbounds when I started, but I have already abandoned this effort. Times are changing: there is so much spam/unwanted offers end users are receiving now that our chances to get some positive feedback is small using this technique. For example I get around 100-200 unwanted emails / day, so I have to bulk-delete them, there is no chance I can efectively read those. So imo it is much more profitable (and much less work) to invest only in names which are amazing, and then simply accept or reject incomming offers. This can also give you a lot of leverage when it comes to negotiating larger deals. It also helps very much imo to be totally transparent, reachable, contactable, with detailed Linkedin or Facebook profile, as this much increases end user's trust. Just imagine how difficult is now for end users to obtain domains at aftermarket, they even can not consult WHOIS now after GDPR to check who is the real owner of the domain. End users usually have several close alternatives in new gTLD space, and often domainer who is most convenient (which does not mean cheapest) to be dealt with wins the deal. So instead of focusing on emails, I would double check the quality of the names in portfolio and if I am totally transparent and reachable. I personally can not really serve with some amazing email template, as I stoped using this completely.

•••
Fortune / cash

I think the keyword "fortune" perfectly matches .cash extension as both are closely associated with wealth/finance/investment. The domain is suitable to financial institutions, fintech companies and financial media firms.

The renewal fee is USD24 per year. Do you think it is a great domain?

Your advice is deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance!

fortune / cash

The name was first registered at Jun 2015, then dropped after a year of holding, then OP registered it (after a month since it was available again), in October 2016. It has standard renewal for .cash, which is around 24-30 at many registrars.

I feel this name can resell in 3-7k range with probability of 1% for any given year of holding. This makes it good investment, where odds are shifted towards favour of domain investor (30-70 projected yearly profit vs 24 yearly cost).

Important remark: word "fortune" seems to be very heavily TMed keyword. I had just a brief look at USA TM database (I have mentioned how to check it few posts above), and there are 2 TMs in USA (although in status "dead") which contain combination of words "fortune" and "cash", and around 2000 live TMs with word "fortune" in them. It would require much longer time then I have here to actually see if some of them ARE BOTH live AND related to financial services. If so, this can shift things not in favour of domain investor. Also lets not forget one should check at least EU TM database as well. This is type of domain where my intuition tells me it is really worth to check TMs in detail, as keywords "fortune" and "cash" are so strongly connected and naturally belong to financial sphere, that it would be pretty unprobable imo that someone else had not this idea before (and not trademarked it for financial sphere). Again, I am not saying this is the firm case here because I am not going to check that in detail, I am just indicating the direction of research for similar domain names.

Nice name, GL :)

•••
SportsWager.TV

SportsWager / TV

The name has standard renewal for .tv, which is around 30 at many registrars. .TV is not really an new gTLD extension, it is a ccTLD, national extension of state of Tuvalu. Still I will comment on it as it was submitted.

There was very nice sale few days ago of SportsBet / TV for 7k plus. So I think I understand from where you are coming from with this name.

But there are few things to consider:

a) plural of the name, SportsWagers / TV is available to register at the time of writing
b) string "SportsWager" is available at least at 235 new gTLD extensions...end user can register now string SportsWager for few USD in .fun, .site, .website, .company, .guru, .social. .zone, .pro, etc, etc..all pretty good combos. The same is valid for string "SportsWagers", which is also very good competition for your string.

Just because similar string sold in .TV, it does not mean this luck stream is going to continue. There are simply too many alternatives for this word1word .tv domain name. And there are no know transfer or renewal promotions to me (if someone knows some, please post the info here, thanks!), so there is no way how to reduce that 30/year renewal.

Can it sell for 2k-5k? Sure. But probability of this is extremely low imo, almost close to 0. I would test it for 1 year, and if nothing interesting, I would send the money somewhere else, as personally I do not see this as an profitable investment from math point of view.

•••
Arabica and Robusta are two main types of coffees.

arabica / club : I like your name very much and there are several reasons for it.

First of all, I can imagine nice online business on it, with great business model. It can be either standard e-commerce site which will sell arabica coffee (or simply coffee as everyone gets instantly that associasion that arabica is related to coffee). It can be also club type of business - one can send members of Arabica coffee club monthly samples of best varietes of arabica coffee, etc. Tons of opportunities. When I visit the site I see that forum is installed there, which is another good idea for this name.

Another great thing is that pool of end users is very large - so many people are drinking coffee worldwide.

The name can create great brands, is very memorable, and authoritative.

.Club registry has imo very good marketing strategy ad is very professionaly managed. There are lot of .club sales, so aftermarket is already pretty good.

It seems that name has attached premium renewal to it, but it is very low premium around 12 USD?
That mans that it is very easy to hold this domain name long time.

History of the name is also interesting: first time it was registered in early new gTLD times, August 2014. Whoever had it had dropped it after 3 years of holding (imo huge mistake! in case that was intented to be for domain investment) and then you imediately got it, which is amazing.

I feel this name anywhere between 3k-20k, maybe even more - it is easy to hold, so you have enough time to wait for correct offer, and reject low offers meanwhile.

Math is very good here much in favour of you as a domain investor. Amazing name, just do not drop it as previous guy - I am almost sure it will make you some nice money in future :)

Lol, after I gave extremely positive appraisal for this name, see above (I honestly think it is, so far,one of the best names submitted in this thread from investment point of view), it almost instantly went to Namepros auction with start of $1, and then I acquired it for very good price here. So now when I will need appraisal for it, I can basically read my own text ...:)

•••
forum.forsale

Thank you M. : )

forum / forsale has standard renewal for .forsale which is around 25-30 at many registrars. It was first registered in early new gTLD times, in January 2015, then someone had it for 3 years, then it was dropped and then it was registered by OP in May 2018.

I honestly do not feel this domain much. There can be many things for sale, like wine, cigars, watches, pefumes...but forums? Although, after I googled that there are indeed some queries like "established forums for sale", etc, so there might be some end users for this combo.

But for example combo forums.forsale is available at the time of writing for reg fee, and that would make maybe even more sense for this purpose.

Maybe I miss something here, but I personally do not feel this one is going to resale for any significant profit anytime soon. I would test it for 1 year, and if no action, I would send the money to something better!

•••
Coin/republican

Many Thanks

•••
JAV / tube

JAV may stand for Japanese Adult Videos. Similar domain jav / tv was sold at USD11,280 in June 2015 according to NameBio.

The renewal fee is USD22 per year. Is it a good domain?

Thanks for your opinion in advance!

jav / tube

After I did research on that one, I admitt that I saw more things that I ever needed to see :)

Saying that, I think it is a pretty good name!

I think you will face pretty complicated dealings with adult industry end users (I have described that in feedback for nude / chat some posts above).

But...the fact is, that when we seach for "jav", one can see ranking this keyword in .guru extension at first position at second page of Google, which is a fantastic result, considering very high level of competition in this area! So this can be very strong argument in case you will get in more detailed discussion with end users.

There is some competition in new gTLD space, for example jav / cam (end users can buy it now for 432 USD with USD 15 renewal/year afterwards) or jav / live (this one is for 220/ year), also someone might like jav / club for USD 778 and then USD 8 renewal/year afterwards). Those are not exactly what your domain is, but can give us some idea about what competetive pricing should be (one can check that at uniregistry.com for example).

Therefore, I feel this domain can realisticaly sell in 2k-7k range with probability of such sale as 1% for any given year of holding.

This makes it pretty good investment imo, as projected profit is 20-70/year, while cost is 22 / year.
Nice domain name, GL :)

•••
Today/tips

Thanks in advance
I am seeing this one at auction at Namepros at the moment, so I am not going to appraise it as I do not want to influence live auction. Please submit another name if you like! Thank you for understanding :)

•••
Public / property

public / property

this one is interesting. First, wiki definition of this domain combo:

Public property is property that is dedicated to public use and is a subset of state property. The term may be used either to describe the use to which the property is put, or to describe the character of its ownership (owned collectively by the population of a state). This is in contrast to private property, owned by an individual person or artificial entities that represent the financial interests of persons

The name was first registered at early new gTLD times at Jan 2015, it was then hold by someone for 3 years, then dropped, then quickly registered by OP. It has renewal of around 25 attached to it at the current registrar.

Well, public / property sounds good on first hearing, but I am kind of stretching my imagination who in the real world would be the end user for this one. And when I search for "public property" in Google, I get tons of records like "meaning of public property in dictionary"..this is not good sign for this name, imo.

It sounds nice and crisp, like standard 5k new gTLD name, but again, who is going to use it in real life?
I personally love .property and .properties names, but they have to be meaningful with clear end user in mind. Because the vision of end users is kind of blurred here, at least for me, I would keep testing the name for another year or 2 maybe..if no action, I would send the money to something better. GL :)

•••
Bitcoinwallet/cloud

Many Thanks

I think this name has basically 0 chances to bring profit to you : my argumentation would be exactly the same, as I gave already for domain BitcoinTraders / website in post #16, here .. this is almost indentical situation.

Imo, the overall direction of your registrations is very good, the hot bitcoin/blockchain/crypto trend!

But to have high odds for good sales, I would recommend to focus on authoritative combos in form of word1.gTLD ...maybe to have just few of them, but in my opinion it is much better and profitable to have 2 or 3 very high quality combos, then 1000 names which can be easily replaced by close alternatives.

So in this case, bitcoin / cloud would be totallly amazing, but bitcoingKEYWORD / cloud can have tons of close permutations/alternatives. The name of the game is (somehow) to get those totally amazing names into one's possesion.

•••
I think this name has basically 0 chances to bring profit to you : my argumentation would be exactly the same, as I gave already for domain BitcoinTraders / website in post #16, here .. this is almost indentical situation.

Imo, the overall direction of your registrations is very good, the hot bitcoin/blockchain/crypto trend!

But to have high odds for good sales, I would recommend to focus on authoritative combos in form of word1.gTLD ...maybe to have just few of them, but in my opinion it is much better and profitable to have 2 or 3 very high quality combos, then 1000 names which can be easily replaced by close alternatives.

So in this case, bitcoin / cloud would be totallly amazing, but bitcoingKEYWORD / cloud can have tons of close permutations/alternatives. The name of the game is (somehow) to get those totally amazing names into one's possesion.

You're basically a domain genius, I must admit.

Thanks so much for your time. Much appreciated

•••
cryptography / ooo

cryptography / ooo

I personally do not think "cryptography" is the best keyword. It sound good and is a hot trend, but it is still available at at least 181 other new gTLD extensions (check for example at uniregistry.com). And when you have this keyword available at .agency, .zone or .social for USD 1,99, there is basically no leverage you can have to potential end user. There are simply too many close alternatives.

In other words : keyword "cryptography" has only tiny tiny fraction of value compared to keyword "crypto". This is also reflected by availaibity of close alternatives - if we check "crypto" at uniregistry.com, we will find out that only 8 new gTLD extensions are still available for this keyword, and it has only 1 reason, high price for those combos.

Even if your keyword would be excellent, I would skip appraisail of this domain name. Reason is that after I have read Namepros post which you can read here, I feel I have completely lost my personal interest in this extension. To clarify, I do not know if that post is 100% accurate or not, and I am not saying whether it is good or bad extension to consider (I have no idea), I am just saying I can not responsibly appraise it, as I am totally not interested in it. Thanks for your understanding :)

•••
You're basically a domain genius, I must admit.

Thanks so much for your time. Much appreciated
I guess that is too generous from you my friend, but you are welcome :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back