IT.COM

question What do you register after .com is already taken?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What do you register after .com?

• 1st

.net

votes
    39.3%
  • 2nd (tie)

.org

votes
    17.9%
  • 2nd (tie)

.co

votes
    17.9%
  • 3rd

nothing,

votes
    14.3%
  • 4th

.xyz

votes
    7.1%
  • 5th

.other

vote
    3.6%

• 28 votes
  • Ended 2 years ago
  • Final results
Impact
Hope you find this interesting. Enjoy.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The battle of net and org. If I'm internet based, I'm swaying with a net. If I'm physical for the most part, or a non-profit, I'm swaying with an org

Charity: Even if the opportunity to take a "dot com" presented itself, you'd find in a lot of cases they'd rather stick with a "dot org" anyway, as their domain at the forefront. The "dot org" can make it feel less profit driven, with regards to their agenda

Last edited:
•••
For me it's. Net then .org most people may not know this but in 2019 they changed .org you can build a for profit venture on it now.

•••
If industry is saturated what is reason to buy into niche? Eg why start registering crypto names when best is taken. If have client then buy best name possible whether that is through another so be it. There needs to be an opportunity and a reason rather than plan to sell a domain you don't even see as first or second best. I own domains in many extensions but reasoning is targeting keywords.

Last edited:
•••
•••
If industry is saturated what is reason to buy into niche? Eg why start registering crypto names when best is taken. If have client then buy best name possible whether that is through another so be it. There needs to be an opportunity and a reason rather than plan to sell a domain you don't even see as first or second best. I own domains in many extensions but reasoning is targeting keywords.

How are your TLD's targeted? By the keywords? An example might save a thousand words :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back