Dynadot

discuss What did you learn this month - December?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
As we move towards 2022, I have decided that I would learn something or have a takeaway or 2 every month, which would help with the overall journey. And I figured that everyone in the domaining world who is seriously trying would have a takeaway as well. Maybe we could combine and co-learn.

My 1 learning in December:

I login every day to my Afternic account to check if something sold. I seem to be desperately waiting for a sale. So if a buyer comes and offers $700 also for a name that I priced at $1400, I would take it. This is desperation and not a good sign.
I should rather focus my energy on building a strategy and having an investment plan in place, planning investment vs potential return rather than crossing my finger and waiting for a sale.

It's time I do that! And that's one learning for me from December! Don't be desperate!

What's your one learning in December?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't really have much to say, due to my overall activity. Next year I'll be active, bunch of things will be changing. One thing I've learned (or discovered) in December, and the months prior to December: I have zero interest in Meta domains. Why you may ask...I'm just sick of them now (lol)

Last edited:
•••
Learning never stops. The ability to have a takeaway from an interaction or experience keeps us humble.

In domaining, actively learning keeps the mind sharp. I will try not to dull mine by what I think I already know, and be ready to absorb what I do not.

In December I learned that a lot of new-comers into domaining have views and experiences to offer that may disrupt my traditional stance on domains and investing. Similar to my entry years earlier with new gTLDs, I now better understand the hesitation to accept or even embrace disruptions.

NFTs. Web3 expansion. Even ccTLDs. It is not about validation in my own mind and proving others wrong, it's about seeing why it's right for them.

Work in progress, and it ain't ending in December.

•••
Hi

learning is one thing....
but it's another to apply what you think you learned
or, if what you learned, is even the solution to what you think your particular issue is.

for instance, if you're login in afternic every day, checking for a sale -

1. such notices come via email
2. patience is key, along with owning quality
3. after all the threads you've started, you should have learned what you're talking about now, long before December of 2021.

as from what i've seen, you're distracting yourself, by raising so many questions, rather than applying some of the proven solutions given by others.
that's not personal, it's about business and whether you're really trying to learn domaining
or just trying to be, or do something else.

imo...

•••
I have learnt to be calm. To embrace the fact that I can react in a different way. To accept that things will happen, change is constant, physical and mental pain are a prerequiste, and death is the final answer to life. I am striving to understand why things happen on a deeper level, even those things which I seemingly cannot change. To be grateful more often. That making mistakes is the path to improvement. Aside from that, I am continuing to develop a small number of my domain names in the hope that someone will find them useful enough to buy one or more of them. My domain name development learning path continues slowly and consistently. If it is meant to happen as I imagine then it will and if it's not meant to happen then it won't. Peace unto all of you.

Last edited:
•••
I have learnt to be calm. To embrace the fact that I can react in a different way. To accept that things will happen, change is constant, physical and mental pain are a prerequiste, and death is the final answer to life. I am striving to understand why things happen on a deeper level, even those things which I seemingly cannot change. To be grateful more often. That making mistakes is the path to improvement. Aside from that, I am continuing to develop a small number of my domain names in the hope that someone will find them useful enough to buy one or more of them. My domain name development learning path continues slowly and consistently. If it is meant to happen as I imagine then it will and if it's not meant to happen then it won't. Peace unto all of you.
"Death is the final answer to life"

Gene therapy

•••
Deep shit, and I love it. Death is not the final answer though. This is.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Any more inputs, my friends? As we are closing December, please share with the community anything new that you got to know of.

•••
That I missed the boat on many opportunities because I do not embrace enough new ideas in the world.

•••
That I missed the boat on many opportunities because I do not embrace enough new ideas in the world.
What I have realized, after watching a lot of interviews from Warren Buffet, is that great leaders and high achievers say 'No' to a lot of things so that they can focus on a small set of high-value things.
But then again, experimentation is important.

I think finding a balance between what and what not is the key! Not too many and yet as many!

Last edited:
•••
Focus!

When you can focus and start to tick things off your list of things to do , when you catch a wave
you can surf that for quite sometime and achieve so many great things.

But then a 'distraction' will arrive you have to weigh up, do you want to
waste time sorting out the distraction is it worth it? Or bypass it completely and stay on
your wave or catch the next wave to more success.

•••
Focus!

When you can focus and start to tick things off your list of things to do , when you catch a wave
you can surf that for quite sometime and achieve so many great things.

But then a 'distraction' will arrive you have to weigh up, do you want to
waste time sorting out the distraction is it worth it? Or bypass it completely and stay on
your wave or catch the next wave to more success.
Fair advise and a good learning! Focus is one of the most important things that I have seen.
Go big on 1 or 2 things that are working and are scalable, vs 20 different things which are okayish.

•••
Don't be emotional when trimming names. Narrow down to names you have faith in.

Not exactly any new learning. But come December, head has to be above heart.

•••
I learnt to use domain.io tool for maintaing prices on different marketplace for same domains.
Also selling xyz names on sav but missed the train

•••
Don't be emotional when trimming names. Narrow down to names you have faith in.

Not exactly any new learning. But come December, head has to be above heart.
Yes. But fine line between what you may have to renew vs let go! Coz we become attached to names!

I learnt to use domain.io tool for maintaing prices on different marketplace for same domains.
Also selling xyz names on sav but missed the train
Tell us more about xyz and Sav platform. Which train? Extremely interested in xyz and hence, curious.

•••
avg domainers (ones without hotel.com in their folio) can forget afternic unless u have bins

afternic is a very dead end without bins. use godaddy. and no I do not mean list on gd thru afternic

yer welcome

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back