Dynadot

poll What Country / Continent has the best Time Zone for domaining?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What Country / Continent has the best Time Zone for domaining

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Africa

votes
    14.3%
  • Australia

votes
    0.0%
  • Asia

votes
    0.0%
  • Europe (UK and Germany)

votes
    21.4%
  • North and South America (US and Canada)

votes
    64.3%
  • Antarctica

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Sammy Jakes

Established Member
Impact
Recent times, I have heard domain investors complain of how their location (Time Zone) affect their domaining activities (buying from drops, backorder, closeout, auctions and so on, outbound marketing, closing sales).. This leads me to ask what country / continent has the best timezone for domain investing.
Also, feel free to comment how your location is affecting your domaining activity.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
US, but especially Eastern time zone.

Most of the business world, including the domain world, revolves around these time zones.

It is when the stock markets are open, when domain auctions end, when you can get a hold of support, etc.

In much of the rest of the world many of the auctions and other things happen at less than ideal times.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I think timezone is of minor to zero importance when it comes to domaining.

•••
I think timezone is of minor to zero importance when it comes to domaining.

Extremely sleepy domainer won’t be happy about missed opportunities in another part of the world.

•••
Extremely sleepy domainer won’t be happy about missed opportunities in another part of the world.
That could be true for someone who participates in auctions every day. However, many other factors like research, focus, negotiation skills, financial backing, patience, strategy, decision-making, money management, confidence, knowledge, etc., are far more important.

•••
That could be true for someone who participates in auctions every day. However, many other factors like research, focus, negotiation skills, financial backing, patience, strategy, decision-making, money management, confidence, knowledge, etc., are far more important.

To me it's pretty clear that he is talking about the hour when the dropped domains gets released to the public. And from this perspective - yes, the US would be the best place.

•••
To me it's pretty clear that he is talking about the hour when the dropped domains gets released to the public. And from this perspective - yes, the US would be the best place.
Yes, you're right. Aside time of dropped domains, auction ending time favors them more.

•••
Definitely not China, I always stay up late.
With panda eyes.
:sleep:

Last edited:
•••
Back