IT.COM

poll What could have fuelled the XYZ growth/sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What could have fuelled the XYZ growth?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Alphabet's adoption of abc.xyz

votes
    38.2%
  • Cheap initial pricing

votes
    50.0%
  • Higher price for .COM and other extension

votes
    20.6%
  • Less sustainable options for end users to .COM

votes
    35.3%
  • Others (Pls comment)

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
.XYZ selling for 5-figures is a big deal in itself, especially when .CO and .IO and sitting there and watching.
What do you think fuelled the XYZ growth and why is it so popular?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A mix of demand , high priced alternatives and blind hype. Upland is using a .me domain surprised that didn’t spark a buying frenzy.

•••
swetha had nothing to.do with it

she just got on the right train.. big time... like some do for a.niche... meta..crypto..etc..except madam swetha didnt.do it for niche but for whole extension.. well good for.her..sometimes in life some win lottery.. that's what happened to her..but make no.mistake about it.. her 20k.folio makes it monopoly of xyz with no room for us..minus few lucky breaks..

I always thought xyz.sucked..which it.did... I mean its.not even visually appealing..unless u are blind...

it means nothing either
... xyz has no meaning as extension

but.. we don't create market..if buyers like it then it's done.

I'm sure lots are enduser buyers.
but alot of reseller hype too.. I hope they.dont spend 4figure cause selling for profit will be hard.then

me I own like 15 xyz but nice older 1word

my top.sale.was.only 2k.. osiris..but just.declined 4k on nakamoto

I don't hope for 500k in sales per week like swetha..none of us can..as I.said it's a.monopoly for her and gameover for.rest of us..but hell if.down the road my few. names.will fetch me 6figures in.total sales I'm prolly gonna be xyz supporter for life ;)

Last edited:
•••
Because the CEO loves it and put a lot of efforts on it. Pricing&marketing strategies, colors, blockchain collaboration w/ eth&ens etc. it’s all about love:)

•••
A mix of demand , high priced alternatives and blind hype. Upland is using a .me domain surprised that didn’t spark a buying frenzy.
Someone big has to be involved and more players increasingly adopt the extension to have the domainer's interest which could lead to the vicious cycle as they call it.

Because the CEO loves it and put a lot of efforts on it. Pricing&marketing strategies, colors, blockchain collaboration w/ eth&ens etc. it’s all about love:)
That's surely a thing to consider. Let me read more about their CEO but thanks for pointing this out.

•••
There's clearly some power brokers out there pushing XYZ sales, and they're doing a damn good job it seems.

•••
There's clearly some power brokers out there pushing XYZ sales, and they're doing a damn good job it seems.
Oh I didn't know this! But how come most of the reported sales are coming through Afternic sales BIN instead of a negotiation?
Do you mean someone is suggesting potential buyers to go ahead with a .XYZ for a XX,XXX?

•••
Oh I didn't know this! But how come most of the reported sales are coming through Afternic sales BIN instead of a negotiation?
Do you mean someone is suggesting potential buyers to go ahead with a .XYZ for a XX,XXX?

Who in their right mind would BIN an XYZ domain for 5 figures?

Just checked Namebio, and nearly all the top sales are from:

Swetha.xyz and West.cn

I said Clearly in my original post, because it should have been obvious. My instinct was correct and this is the first time I've even looked into xyz sales.

•••
Who in their right mind would BIN an XYZ domain for 5 figures?

Just checked Namebio, and nearly all the top sales are from:

Swetha.xyz and West.cn

I said Clearly in my original post, because it should have been obvious. My instinct was correct and this is the first time I've even looked into xyz sales.

Elliot Silver paid $300 for an .xyz domain one year ago ^ and just sold it for $19K ... talk about an ROI

•••
Elliot Silver paid $300 for an .xyz domain one year ago ^ and just sold it for $19K ... talk about an ROI

Yes, but why is xyz great? If the only incentive is ROI then where is the actual value in the extension? What makes xyz different than top or net? It seems to me, that the only value is speculative and without all these 5 figures sales to comp there is little to no value left.

•••
About 3 people telling us they are selling. No luck for everyone else.

Last edited:
•••
About 3 people telling us they are selling. No luck for everyone else.

yer generous cause there is only one person swetha making consistent 4 and 5fig sales.

•••
First, I was the one only selling .xyz ...now it became 3...lol..
What you learnt? Please open your blind eyes and follow report completed sales thread.
I dont think we could stop .xyz popularity by trolling at this time.
Try to grab some and earn money and stop your BS.

Last edited:
•••
Didn't you see who is pushing what? One Popular blogger in NP just only exaggerates .IO or .com sales like crazy. I never saw they tried to mention any .xyz sales. Only hyping .io. These bloggers should be neutral irrespective of the extension.

Last edited:
•••
Because we are in transition:

Moving from web2 to web3; from corporate culture to community collaboration.

BTW, the extension XYZ represents three dimensions a perfect meaning for a decentralized system.

•••
Gambling addiction fueled it. There are other extensions that are just as good.

What fueled the beanie baby boom? Reports of big ROI's. Reality? Most people did not make money.

What fueled the shitcoin boom? Reports of big ROI's. Reality? Most people did not make money.

What fueled the meme stock boom? Reports of big ROI's. Reality? Most people did not make money.

What fueled the NFT boom? Reports of big ROI's. Reality? Most people did not make money.

Most people will not make money with .com investments let alone investing in other extensions.

I have seen no proof that the sales reported are fake. However, let's say a scammer starts an extension called .JKL and he wants to get domainers to buy AND hold names in that extension, what would he do?

He would offer low price registrations for names and then find a few of the people that purchased the names that are domainers and REALLY buy the names back using shell companies for big prices. For example, he would go to the person that purchased a name like House.jkl and buy it for 3500, he would do the same with some others and and the sales will be reported and now the gamblers will show up and buy names.

All he has to do is to keep making those investments that seem big but he is making it all back from registrations and renewals. Plus, the owner of the extension is holding some premiums and it drives their price up.

The domainers that are making the sales are not in on it and the only people that would know would be the person behind the extension.

This is how market manipulation has worked in other industries too.

The only clue might be that almost all the big sales would have nothing developed on them. Even that is not so much proof because many big .com sales remain undeveloped but in many cases you can trace the buyer a lot easier.

In the case of XYZ and IO for example, you do have real companies using them. Very small market but they do exist.

I remember when a well known domain auction house was caught in bid rigging, I remember the fraud in other markets, I am always skeptical but believe in innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, but why is xyz great? If the only incentive is ROI then where is the actual value in the extension? What makes xyz different than top or net? It seems to me, that the only value is speculative and without all these 5 figures sales to comp there is little to no value left.

I and many others have told you the significance of the .extension - but you downplay it ^

I will say it again - .xyz is the only DNS domain .extension that is blockchain recognized, no other .extensions have this authority / except for ENS domain .extensions which cannot even be accessed from the world wide web unless you have a number of different plugins

•••
Last edited:
•••
Only now I understood Swetha's updated logo on this forum:-$ Reading you guys, I too am thinking to
send my Joy . xyz domain to Sedo auction, but seemingly I cannot set a mid-5figure reserve under their policy. Meanwhile I de-listed it from every marketplace for now. It was listed as premium with SH, did not get much buyers' interest for two years frankly. More than three hundred "joy" extensions taken though. $two hundred twenty a year renewal, not too high to a right buyer/business in my opinion.

•••
Only now I understood Swetha's updated logo on this forum:-$ Reading you guys, I too am thinking to
send my Joy . xyz domain to Sedo auction, but seemingly I cannot set a mid-5figure reserve under their policy. Meanwhile I de-listed it from every marketplace for now. It was listed as premium with SH, did not get much buyers' interest for two years frankly. More than three hundred "joy" extensions taken though. $two hundred twenty a year renewal, not too high to a right buyer/business in my opinion.
Joy? Hmmmmm... That would work in .com but I hate to break it to you but it's not going to work in XYZ.

I shall perform an XYZination on it now to find out an alternative that some web3.4 nerds will buy....

Result: EXALTATION.XYZ

- One word, barely used
- Entirely forgettable (probably so the tax man will forget their project, too! 💵💸🚿🚿🚿)
- Also means joy

Suggested listing price: $78,888.88
Once sold, or not, report to namebio and click the sold button on Dan. No questions asked.

Suggested splash page (even though they were redundant in web2, utterly required in web3 because there is generally no other content in web3:

- 2 pink and yellow gradient circles
- Black background
- 1 green to pink gradient triangle, curved corners
- Movement: elliptical, infinite

Last edited:
•••
Still, 3letter bright word means something, even in xyz I guess.)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Joy? Hmmmmm... That would work in .com but I hate to break it to you but it's not going to work in XYZ.

I shall perform an XYZination on it now to find out an alternative that some web3.4 nerds will buy....

Result: EXALTATION.XYZ

- One word, barely used
- Entirely forgettable (probably so the tax man will forget their project, too! 💵💸🚿🚿🚿)
- Also means joy

Suggested listing price: $78,888.88
Once sold, or not, report to namebio and click the sold button on Dan. No questions asked.

Suggested splash page (even though they were redundant in web2, utterly required in web3 because there is generally no other content in web3:

- 2 pink and yellow gradient circles
- Black background
- 1 green to pink triangles
- Movement: elliptical, infinite
I am not that savvy in those terms/stats. Just side gig domainer. Best to you.

•••
Your "VIP" 3letter status on forum also means something ;) I guess it was 2017 when you shared .xyz ideas, how to find and register(another domainer recently sent me a link to your post on NP)

Last edited:
•••
Your "VIP" 3letter status on forum also means something ;) I guess it was 2017 when you shared .xyz ideas, how to find and register(another domainer recently sent me a link to your post on NP)
It's a shame when some aren't mature enough to stay on topic. Don't be derailed by things like that. Hopefully my detailed XYZination was helpful to you on your journey.

•••
Back