IT.COM

guide What beginner domainer goal here

NameSilo
Watch

venu90

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
what i should be focusing as new starter? and fastest ways to earn?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/10-tips-for-domain-beginners.871083/

Domaining is more like a marathon than...

Logo-Run-Fast.png

•••
what i should be focusing as new starter?

Focus on learning as much as possible about the domain industry. Watch all the domainsherpa shows and check websites like namebio.com daily to get an idea of the type of domains that sell.

Last edited:
•••
Spend a couple of weeks learning everything you can about domaining - immerse yourself in the Namepros community, as well as some of the other resources which have already been mentioned.

Then purchase no more than 1-2 domain names and try to sell them (dig around this forum for more in-depth discussions on how and where to sell). Use everything you've learned over the previous two weeks and then reassess your situation after a couple of weeks hard selling.

Repeat the process of learning, selective, small-scale purchasing and selling until you start to see a degree of success - build from there.

Don't be like so many other beginners who get the process back to front - don't hand-reg 10-12 worthless domains, panic and then go seeking for advice on how to sell them.

•••
fastest ways to earn?
No any shortcut way earn money.
Learn.. learn.. learn.... some good catch and long term investment .

Last edited:
•••
Dont invest anything in first 3 to 4 months, try to read expert opinions, see the reported sales data, have a insight full conversations with some expert Domainer (dont be shy, they try to help you in learning but you should ask them first). Don't hand registered something which available, ask yourself why it's still available?

Hint :- Blockchain, two word which make sense when both combined together, 6N.com (believe me I started it here & earned some reasonable profit)

Advice:- Always keep some money in your hand, don't invest much which you can't afford, I believe domaining is "Luck Game", you don't knew when or where one of your domain get sold.

•••
Advice:- Always keep some money in your hand, don't invest much which you can't afford, I believe domaining is "Luck Game", you don't knew when or where one of your domain get sold.
(y)(y)

•••
Hello!

Use the topical lists as well as the Search function to read and learn and digest all you can about your personal, specific interests re domain names.

Welcome to NamePros!

•••
Hi

define, what your own goals are.

learn to read in between the lines, is what I suggest you do
because there lies the lies or truth, between what's real and what may be pigeon poo.

but I agree, learn to use the forum "search" feature, input any question there you have.
keep your money in your pocket for now.
when you're ready to spend, have a budget, and think long-range if you plan to stick around.

:)

Good Luck!

imo....

•••
I've been in the domain industry for more than a decade. Buying domains can become addicting. Don't just buy to buy. Otherwise you may have a bunch of worthless domains in your portfolio that you are trying to figure out how to get rid of. Make sure you have a plan. If you are going to sell domains, think about who you are going to target as a buyer before you buy a domain. If you are going to develop your domains, think about what kind of content you are going to produce before you buy a domain. What is your ultimate goal? Just like anything else, there is no get rich quick scheme in the domain industry. It takes hard work to be successful. It also takes money to make money.

Domains of any value tend to be few and far between as a fresh registration. You can't usually pick them up at the price of a small registration anymore. If they expire, you may be bidding against other domainers for them which drives the price up. Bottom line, have a plan before you just randomly buy domains.

Last edited:
•••
what i should be focusing as new starter? and fastest ways to earn?

I've been in the domain industry for more than a decade. Buying domains can become addicting. Don't just buy to buy. Otherwise you may have a bunch of worthless domains in your portfolio that you are trying to figure out how to get rid of. Make sure you have a plan. If you are going to sell domains, think about who you are going to target as a buyer before you buy a domain. If you are going to develop your domains, think about what kind of content you are going to produce before you buy a domain. What is your ultimate goal? Just like anything else, there is no get rich quick scheme in the domain industry. It takes hard work to be successful. It also takes money to make money.

Domains of any value tend to be few and far between as a fresh registration. You can't usually pick them up at the price of a small registration anymore. If they expire, you may be bidding against other domainers for them which drives the price up. Bottom line, have a plan before you just randomly buy domains.

Last edited:
•••
thanks everyone for sharing their ideas and experience:)

wish u guy luck and success in your domaining journey

•••
•••
•••
yeah i think u do need to know your own ability and plan ahead. e.g if you have the time, and resources to do so.

do not make decision too quick. or else it will be painful lesson to learn.

but even though you can still learn from that too but prefer not to:D

•••
Wow, this question has been well answered, keep learning that's it!

•••
Fantastic answers in this thread!

The points I would stress are
*Think about the niches that you have expertise in, and then use Namebio extensively to look at sales related to that. Note the date, as well as amount, and where the sale was. Make notes. When you find keywords that have not recorded sales, try to figure out why.
*Before you purchase a domain name (and I agree with those that say limit your early purchases) have a clear plan as to how you will try to sell the name. Do a careful evaluation on worth prior to buying any domain name, including a listing of possible end uses.
*Use a variety of sources of information (the DNAcademy videos, the information sections here, some of the better bloggers and report writers, industry reports, etc.) as you build your expertise.
*Be frugal in saving money. Use TLD-list to find the best deals on registrations, transfers and renewals. Look out for promotions. Look carefully at the benefits and costs of various venues to sell your domain name.
*Treat everyone with respect, be open to new ideas, be professional, be prepared to do the hard work, don't get discouraged when the first sale takes a long time.

Best of luck, @venu90

•••
Read, read, read and remember that com is king and it´s a better strategy to focus on quality than quantity - Good luck

Last edited:
•••
•••
just read in here, free without cost:xf.grin:, no need goal or what soever! or if you like to gambling! try to buy short domain, who knows your luck will change!:xf.grin:

•••
Back