IT.COM

What are your views about DN Academy Course?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VJB

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cool. I wouldn't be where i am today without taking the course. It covers a lot of ground and it's a much better investment than buying crappy names and learning the hard way

•••
I consider them a waste of money (sorry to anyone that runs a course in the forum or went on one). You're better off hanging around NamePros and doing some free reading. A little time and dedication goes a long way. However, if you think it'll help, so be it. IMO

Last edited:
•••
Haven’t taken it but haven’t heard anyone say its not worth it publicly . I think for a newbie sure. If you have been at this awhile probably not needed.

The problem with courses on domaining is there are multiple variables that affect your ability to sell a particular domain no matter how good a name at any given time and at what price.

No course can predict the future. No one path leads to success. With or without a course, you will have to carve a path that serves you best.

The course is for fundamentals which as mentioned can be gotten for free here. Your greatest lessons will happen by actually doing.

I don’t like courses that aim at selling low to other domainers (unless that is your goal) but its not mine.

•••
laughable money grabber

np is free

•••
If you already have been in the domaining for a while, I don't think there will be anything they will tell you that you don't know already (just watched their presentation on what you get when you sign up). For a domainer with some experience that's a total waste of time and money.

Now, if you are a newbie - while I don't think it would be a complete waste of time in this case, I still don't believe in the system where you get a certain patterns set up on you - how to work and what to do, getting the tools right away without understanding the core and why use them at all, and how exactly they work.

As said above - there are tons of threads and topics here on NamePros for newbies totally free of charge, there are lots of people answering the questions and helping, If one has energy, patience and dedication - you can educate yourself totally for free. And if not - no course will help you in domaining.

Last edited:
•••
I think you should take it, because it's been almost three years & obviously you feel like you haven't learned much, so something is wrong..

Good luck

•••
What are your desired outcomes? Be specific.

•••
Hello:

I took the course, and it is full of information & guides. I think you should definitely buy it. Still, the forum here is more than amazing and covers a lot of aspects, especially with many helpful members answering questions and helping out.

Also, I had special discounts to NamesCon a couple of years ago since I am a member . And, they keep you updated on special events going on.

Not to mention the experience Michael has in this area ( founder ) he used to run ( DomainSherpa ) then sold it B-)

•••
What are your desired outcomes? Be specific.
I have been into domaining for the last 6 months. Learned a lot here from NP. Got 2 small sales. My reason or thought process for taking the course is to enhance or build upon what I already know. Even if everything is repeated and I get to learn only 5-10% new things from the course then I will take it up or else will leave it.

•••
So nothing specific then? You cannot measure success without variables. I'd be like this course costs $ 500 and would take 50 hours (not saying either are true) from date a to date b. Then I'd say I want to generate $ 5000 between date c and date d. Then I could measure a successful or unsuccessful outcome. Otherwise you're taking the course for entertainment.

•••
So nothing specific then? You cannot measure success without variables. I'd be like this course costs $ 500 and would take 50 hours (not saying either are true) from date a to date b. Then I'd say I want to generate $ 5000 between date c and date d. Then I could measure a successful or unsuccessful outcome. Otherwise you're taking the course for entertainment.
I started domaining as an entertainment but never realized when I really got into it :)

•••
I started domaining as an entertainment but never realized when I really got into it :)
What tangible benefit do you want to gain from the course other than entertainment?

•••
Something's can be quantified and something's can't be ... Obviously I aim to learn to buy and sell more quality names and get more $$. If this course teaches me something about domaining that I dont know and that might be useful for me (whether now or in future) .... I wont mind spending money on it .....

•••
I see the price is $500 for a year.
Worth every penny, just what i learned from @Michael Cyger on domain sherpa worth $500
Who knows what other ideas you will discover that may pertain to other parts of business world. Connections with common interests or goals.
I see you changed your opening post to taking course. Good business decision. Here is link to previous thread when people were positive, some prominent people have good reviews. Good luck
https://www.namepros.com/threads/has-anyone-tried-dn-academy-course.1125450/

•••
Back