Dynadot

question What are your hand reg domain names sold for $xxx or $x,xxx?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pinoybaister

Established Member
Impact
Hi namepros!

In most of the cases, when a name is hand registered a few days/months ago doesn't interest buyers to go higher.

May i know some of the sales you've made from your hand reg names...like how many days it took for a sale and type of the sale (inbound, auction or outbound, etc..,)?

And what is your opinion/strategy about registering a new name to flip it in less than a month?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great idea
Inbound offer on GD Listing. I can view it from two perspectives:

1. 5L CHIP Domain
2. A "Web 2.0" style domain for the word Smitten which drops the vowels. Think Flickr, snickr, splittr and the like...

•••
Outbound means you put in effort to sell the name by contacting people/companies by email,phone, facebook etc.

Inbound means they contacted you through a sales landing page or whois, or phone/email
@anantj just answered my question. Just learnt something new

•••
•••
Hand reg'd these and sold them for ....

CashForGoldNearMe.com $299 (was expired name)
SpinsVegas.com $199 (my made up name)

Both sold on GoDaddy premium.

I have sold many others for less than $100 but more than reg fee. I bought about 150 hand reg's when Fasthosts had their brilliant offer. Several are now on Brandbucket and the like.

•••
•••
Centreva.com made up and regged $1.33 sold at BB in two months $1795

•••
•••
Grassdash.com hand reg $9 sold within 30 days for $250. Inbound. Got me into domaining and haven't sold crap worth mentioning since.

•••
•••
Nice advice, thanks.

Since 2003 almost everything I buy/sell cost me reg fee. Few fresh hand registered domains but most are "expired" .coms that fall through the cracks and get picked up at reg fee. My range of sales on reg fee expired domains has been primarily high xxx to high xxxx. Have turned down 13k on one reg fee one so I'm sure someday I'll regain my sanity :ROFL: and say yes and turn a reg fee acquisition into xx,xxx.

Since I don't play in auctions too much unless really needed for my own site development as I have 40+ websites or for a client I'm a passive seller that waits for the inbound lead as only having $8 invested in something allows ya the luxury of hitting renew until the right offer comes in over having thousands wrapped up into an auction domain where you need to cash out quicker. So my game isn't buy for 10k and flip for 12.5k it's always been how much can I make from $8 or $8 and a few years renewals. Really enjoy trying to make something outta nothing as no $8 stock share has ever produced xxxx for me so think I dig the challenge more of can I make xxxx outta x.

So basically my formula...

1) Buy the best .coms I can find, this means looking at quite a few and having the discipline to pass on some good ones, basically here's a list pick the top 3,5,10 etc... or however many I feel like buying that day and buy them and then calm down till the next drop list. Quality over quantity. Would a business want this domain? Does it have commercial appeal? How many end users are in the space? How much would it cost someone to ship this item? How much profit margin in this product/field? etc...
2) List them immediately on my own sales pages
3) Add them to Afternic, Sedo, Uniregistry etc...
4) Wait for the inbound leads, respond quick/professional and try to work them into sales

My sales today come from...

#1 My own sales pages and has built quite an end user database over 14 years which sometimes equals recurring business or referrals
#2 Afternic due to their distribution network I believe https://www.afternic.com/domain-reseller-network

Sedo and Uniregistry don't do much in comparison I believe because most leads/sales come in from the landing pages so since those point to me that's where most sales happen=direct. Afternic still contributes to my sales because their distribution network is the strongest and doesn't need your domains pointed to them to make sales.

Big fan of doing my own pages and Afternic distribution network. Sure as the years go on Afternic will account for more and more of my sales but unless they can account for 100% of them I'll probably always do my own pages as it's worked for quite a while now.

Fine to pay commissions for distribution networks that blast your names where end users are but paying commissions for leads that come to you in anonymous fashion or require you to point your domains to a market that end users have never heard of that would have came in anyway from your own landing pages with name, email, phone, ip address etc... a no brainer to save commissions, route to your own escrow service of choice, build your connections with possible recurring revenue as well. Leads can have a lifetime of value. Every domain that we've ever sold at a third party aftermarket pretty sure the buyers are still on their email marketing lists years later=lifetime recurring revenue, for them anyway. :ROFL:

I still list at a handful of places as ya never know but most of all leads/sales my own pages with Afternic accounting for the majority of the rest.

•••
•••
BrightMoose.com, 2 months after regged
Altavos.com (on process), 1 week after regged

$2K to $2,5K each, all sold at BrandBucket

•••
Textbooks.CO - $12,000. Hand registered and sold within 24 hours!

•••
•••
•••
Was this deal part or the .Co $1.99 domain sales?

Actually I sold some years back and there was offer going at GD for little under $20. There was no single backordering company for .CO domains the time it dropped. Else it wasn't possible to hand register such a great keyword in .CO

•••
•••
Incoming lead for Textbooks.co?

•••
Incoming lead for Textbooks.co?
Outbound. Sent many emails and got couple of 5K offers from other parties and stretched this one to 12K.

•••
•••
4L dot US, buy 88 cents, sell $300 on afternic!
4C dot com, buy $9 sell at SEDO, $299!
so basicalyl I spend $10 and sell $600 to end user! though it need almost a years, to get 2 sales! this years my target are selling domain fast! with price range X,XXX! hopefully I can sell 2 or 3 domain this month!
but I am not sure, I can sell domain fast or not :D after all its hand reg! so no risk, and still profit from previous sales :)

•••
Hand regged two similiar three word dotcom domains. This was 2013.
Six months later I get an email from someone saying they were interested in one of them. So I searhed on their gmail email address in google. Was a big company behind. So I wrote back: "You get the other one too that I own, both for $2000."
They instantly agreed and we went through Escrow, 5 days later I had the money in my bankaccount.

Last edited:
•••
Handregged a 2 word .com that perfectly suited someone in the request domain section here in July. He wasn't interested in it for mid $XX so I put it up for auction here on NamePros. I saw that two other similar domains were available to handreg so after some bidding on the initial domain, I registered the two and put a BIN of $300 that included them. Someone bought them at BIN so I sold 3 handregs for $300 in about 2 weeks time.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Back