Unstoppable Domains
 23:01:02:15 

What are your best misreads? I thought ChuckNorris.com was Available, but I misread it!

Located in General Domain Discussion, started by Ategy.com, Nov 16, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. Ategy

Ategy Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.com VIP ICA Member Gold Account

Anyone else get that crazy amazing rush for half a second when (you think) you see ChuckNorris.com available .. but then get the heart crushing feeling when you realise it's actually ChuckNorton.com (no offence to Mr Norton .. lol)

Or when you think see Nevada.info is available for $5 (plus renewal) ... but then want to cry when you realise after buying it that with everything else that stayed in Vegas .. maybe your ability to spell was one of the things you should have brought home with you .. because you actually bought Navada.info! :-/

So .. ChuckNorton.com really goes on auction tomorrow .. and if anyone is interested in acquiring Navada.info ... it's yours for $21 (Estibot has it at $110 ... lol)

Anyhow .. please share the domains that gave you similar heartbreak .. and what domain you actually "thought" it was ... ;)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Haris

Haris Best Domainer Of The End-Times VIP

never thought this will happen to me but it did..

fxsoultions.com

thankfully it was a $2 handreg

3. briguy

briguy Guru In Remission! VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I almost bought a few d0mains that had a zer0 instead of a "o"..not short name either.

4. Pierre Barnard

Pierre Barnard Top Contributor VIP

Yeah! Registered TreasureIsland.com which turned out to be TreasureLsland.com.

5. briguy

briguy Guru In Remission! VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Totally, forgot about how the "l" can be mistaken for capital "I" (i);or vice-versa

6. Michael Ehrhardt

Michael Ehrhardt Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

4 what is this ?
    distraction ?

7. The Durfer

The Durfer Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

absolutely, hahaha, I did deputante instead of debutante the same way. lol

8. joro001

joro001 Top Contributor VIP

I can't think off hand but very recently I won virtualshoppping.com at godaddy auctions (not a hand reg admittedly). For those that like me can't read it is a typo of shopping and shouldn't have 3 p's in it. I paid over $100 for it and saw people talking and laughing about someone buying a typo and then my heart sunk when I realised I made the mistake.

Not a nice feeling!

9. iwon24

iwon24 Top Contributor VIP

yes i did same when i was new to domaining , i saw tatoo.io and bought it only to realise the actual spelling was tattoo ;)

10. joro001

joro001 Top Contributor VIP

What's worse is I am not new and still made the mistake with virtualshoppping.com recently.

Worse still my godaddy VIP account rep sent me an email recommending this domain at auction + this domain was aged so someone renewaed it for 7+ years and it had 3 other bidders against me.

Looks like none of us can spell lol

11. iwon24

iwon24 Top Contributor VIP

haha ;) its horrible when you first figure it out and your like omg ,seriously. but saying that i have seen a few people buy names that is wrong spelling by mistake and end up selling them for a lot more money. i cant quite remember but im sure i made my money back off tatoo.io or maybe even a little profit

12. DefinitelyDomains

DefinitelyDomains DefinitelyDomains.com VIP

How about rmoney.com? I fell for that one!

13. DomainStation

DomainStation Established Member

Reg'd tittle.org a couple days ago, just realized it has extra "t" which makes huge difference.

14. CJ6

CJ6 My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps. VIP

What I find the MOST aggravating is GoDaddy's suggestions of "available domains", which typically are great domains that are not available.

15. Doughmange

Doughmange Established Member

UrgentHeath and HeatlhOnline got me excited until I looked closer.

:alien3:

16. Web Trader

Web Trader Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

No, you didn't misread it, Ategy. Every so often the domain ChuckNorris.com causes the whole Internet to shift on its axis and disrupt a few things for a while.

17. Blueforever

Blueforever Established Member

I hand regged aligator.net thinking I got a bargain. Only realised months later that it wasn't right.

18. bigcassgbr

bigcassgbr Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

"Regged" Poker.de at GD back when the situation of regged names showing as available was a frequent occurrence.. Was over the moon until GD informed me the name was actually taken so I'd be refunded.

19. Ategy

Ategy Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.com VIP ICA Member Gold Account

Almost picked up thefistkiss.com ... then I realised it was FIST and not FIRST so obviously dismissed ... but then I though ... "The Fist Kiss" .. that would make an amazing boxing play on words blog name ... lmao

Don't think I'm going to grab it though .. so you're all welcome to it (GD)! ;)

20. usernamex

usernamex Top Contributor VIP

21. Axel Ivanovich

Axel Ivanovich Restricted (Proxy Risk)

if it was only for half a second does foottball.com instead of football.com count?

22. usernamex

usernamex Top Contributor VIP

@Axel Ivanovich - if it made you look twice or your heart skip a beat then yes, it counts! : wink :

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice