NameSilo

What Are You?.....a Domainer or a Domain Originator?

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion started by ThatNameGuy, Oct 13, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. JB Lions

JB Lions Top Member VIP

Do you know after a year, you're not even setup to sell? I took a look at a couple of your hand regs:

http://www.shellyeh.com

http://briefReleaf.com

They go to a GoDaddy page where somebody has to click:

Learn how you can get this domain »

Which goes to a Domain Buy Service where somebody has to spend $49.99 just for a broker to contact you:

"One of our personal domain brokers will contact the current owner to see if he or she is willing to sell the domain name you want. We'll do all we can to get the name at the lowest possible price for you. The Domain Buy Service fees do not include the cost of the domain name."

That's more of a hindrance for you in getting a sale. You should spend your time getting all your domains setup so people can actually make offers/buy.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. .X.

.X. Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Everything is spot on except the domain parking, I stopped parking names for click revenue, that was a very profitable niche back in the day.

Also the selling twice a year, I used to sell off some inventory here at auction, I have stopped doing that as well, my sales picked up via Sedo, so I am pretty much letting the inbound Sedo, undeveloped.com and ect, take care of my renewals and my beer money these days.

My love for spinning names and catching what falls the cracks will never stop, the auction houses don’t let much fall through the cracks these days, but they do drop the ball now and then. The thrill of the catch is an adrenaline rush.

3. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

It's funny what you're addicted to...I'm addicted to Domain Origination aka Games with Names. It might take me an hour or two, but like a fly fisherman perfecting his presentation, sometimes you hook a citation. I hooked one a few minutes ago....HalfHash(.)com and I might just put it on the menu at the Doobie Diner:wacky:

4. .X.

Hehehe, yep, it is a lot like fishing.

I do still buy my share of names though, the majority being Liquid names, but I also buy 4 or 5 one and two worders a year here or at an auction house.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  5. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

I was up early this am fishing, and Originated...no Created...no Rescued DomainsMyWay(.)com. Here's the skinny: http://www.hosterstats.com/historicaldns.php?domain=domainsmyway.com

Someone once said "you can judge a man by the company domains he keeps." Well said(n)

6. Corey

Corey Corey.net.au VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I register domain names...

I buy & sell domain names...

I create my own sales landing pages...

Cheers
    Corey

7. .X.

Based of the wealth of the majority that domainers claim to have, I would strictly fit into the hobbist category I reckon, which is totally awesome with me. How could I possibly compete with as many as claim to be so wealthy and prosperous in the domain industry.

Life is just a dream 👀

8. MapleDots

MapleDots Domain Properties 2002 - 2019 VIP

Looks like Bulloney is out for the count.

9. BrandsOpen

BrandsOpen SalesBusiness.com Gold Account VIP

Waiting for season 3. I've been binge-watching.

10. YudiTayba

YudiTayba Established Member

I am newbie in this field, but that does not mean I cannot express my opinion.

In my opinion, when domainer registered a domain name that was completely new that had never been registered in the past, then he was the domain origination or originator for that domain.

In connection with your statement below
    "I also recently originated the name DomainOrigination (.) Com ..."

All I know is that you are not the domain origination for the DomainOrigination (.) Com and you are domain originator for DomainOriginator (.) Com.

Below is historical data for both domains.

DomainOrigination.com history - 4 changes and 1 drops over 11 years
    DomainOriginator.com history - 12 changes and 1 drops over 16 years

Thank's

11. Kpett

Kpett Established Member

Poor Bulloney. I was so looking forward to how long this thread was going to go on ...

12. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator VIP

He might just be on a time-out. If he returns you can be sure he will start another thread that is made to antagonize everyone and brag about how he invented electricity back in the 1800's when he was just starting out.

13. MapleDots

It would be 12 pages if not for all the reported and deleted posts. Even with Bulloney gone it's still at the top. You have to give it to him though.... controversy makes for popular topics and he consistently ends up with the most popular topics. Mind you I'm not sure it counts when the majority of the posts are made by the op. :xf.grin:

Now about originator or inventor or re-animator or whatever you might want to call it. The name Domain Investor resonates the most with me. I don't care who made up a domain, I don't care about any other aspect except what the end sale value potential is, so therefore I will invest in what I think has the most potential to sell.

I used to run a multi million dollar company with 35 employees and never ever put a title on my card. My name was my title because my reputation was everything. Now with every transaction and every blog post I focus on MapleDots. No other title is necessary or required, my past clients come to the only title that matters to me and that is the name of my company.

Got it Bulloney?
    Focus on your company (if you even have one) and drop all the childish titles. Trying to justify a domain name to a domain investor, it means nothing until the domain is sold. SOLD is justification so sell a few and your fellow domainers will respect your ideas, everything else is made up titles and innuendos.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  14. golan

golan GolanMedia.com Gold Account VIP

15. BaileyUK

BaileyUK Top Member VIP

Got to be another 'Bulloney' infringement there somewhere or other, I wondered if he speak to the mods the same way he posts on here, that's bound to guarantee a time-out.

I reframe from posting on his live threads because you have No way of knowing how he is going to take it. Anyway I'm sure we all have acquaintances that are as stubborn, The Flat-Earth types etc, Always fascinating but nevertheless always flawed

16. jamesall

jamesall Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

I am an Originator and Developer.

17. jamesall

IBM also had the nickname 1 BIG Mutha! back in the day.

18. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO ICA Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

He might be banned from NamePros for the 3rd (or 4th) time now, but that did not stop him from spamming me with an unsolicited email this morning talking about his 10 most recent registrations. I saw some others on the CC like Recons, Rob Monster, etc.

Brad

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  19. creataweb

creataweb Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School Photo VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hope you reported the spam to all the proper authorities :xf.grin:

20. Josytal

Josytal Top Member VIP

Domain Investor/hobbyist

21. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO ICA Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I have now received (6) emails from Richard with several other people CCed as well.

I am not interested in these unsolicited spam emails. I am sure Bulloney is reading this, but can't respond as he was banned yet again.

The funny thing is when I responded asking to be removed from the email chain, I got the following response from his server -

Your message was rejected for possible spam/virus content.

Here you go Bulloney, here is the email I sent to you -

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  22. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator VIP

I can't wait until next year when all of his "incredible" domains come up for renewal. Maybe he will have to apply for an "incredible" loan to pay them all off. :ROFL:

23. MapleDots

The character count for the posts in this topic seems to have gone down :xf.laugh:

24. jamesall

Makes me wonder who Richard the banned one is and what hechas been doing.

25. Jay Ha

Jay Ha Exploring.. Gold Account VIP

Guess he's now the email unsolicited-tor.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice